First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well this has been fun reading 9 pages of almost nothing but conflicting opinions.

It's your money, your experiences, your choices. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference what you spend and how you use it as long as it makes you happy and you can afford it.

If you have the cash and you want the Bronco with the best seats, get a Raptor. If you want it for the matching side mirrors get an OuterBanks, if you like a white grill, get a Heritage, the point is, your reasons are your own and you don't have to justify them to anyone on the internet just because they would have done it differently. You're going to question your choice because there are so many options, but once you have it, you'll love it, whatever it is.

Swapping out parts is part of the fun, and you're going to do it no matter what, and you won't know until after the fact what would have been the best starting point, so forget about it and buy what speaks to you the most.
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Amazing how many people don't consider the cost of new tires. I like my K02s, they were basically free since they came with the Bronco. I also checked what it would cost to replace them before ordering my Bronco.
That is why I’m running cheap Wrangler ATs on the street. Preserving my KO2s for using as they are intended.

I always get a laugh at seeing lifted trucks with oversized low-profile tires—paid a fortune for tires that wear faster, cost more and perform worse than the the OEM tires. 😆

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
24 BL non sas owner here. A “too harsh” ride is subjective. I came from a civic Si which was incredibly stiff, so the Bronco feels like a much smoother ride to me. You can always buy other shocks if the ride is not to your liking.

With respect to the differences, in addition to your mentions, one I think the rear camera is longer on a sas to fit the different offset, so something to consider if you get different rims.
Agree, I never understood the "too harsh" crowd. If you want your Bronco to ride like a Caddy that means a ton of brake dive and slop in your daily drive.

I'm in a stock OBX which is the "soft" suspension and she's an absolute pig on the road. Can't wait for my 5100 or Eibach upgrade when the time comes.

King or Fox 3.0's are as close as you'll get to best of both worlds but for a big price.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Sasquatch looks great, but the non Sasquatch BL is no slouch in the looks department. You get greater wheel travel with the non Sasquatch and better fuel mileage. If it is not going to be experiencing a lot of off reading, ( like mine) then enjoy the non Sasquatch BL. In my situation the BL has options I will never use, but the interior and interior options sealed the selection. An OBX would have been my choice if not for the look of the interior and the pedestrian looking wheel flares. I would have had to go Sasquatch with an OBX which lands one right in the middle of Bad Lands ville. Put my BL in the bag.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agree, I never understood the "too harsh" crowd. If you want your Bronco to ride like a Caddy that means a ton of brake dive and slop in your daily drive.

I'm in a stock OBX which is the "soft" suspension and she's an absolute pig on the road. Can't wait for my 5100 or Eibach upgrade when the time comes.

King or Fox 3.0's are as close as you'll get to best of both worlds but for a big price.
Swapping the non-sasquatch Badlands shocks and springs into my OBX really helped cure the brake dive. However, I can't wait to install my Eibach Pro Truck 2.0 struts that I scored for 50% off.

As far as the OBX flares, I found someone who traded me my flares for Sasquatch flares and rock rails from a Badlands.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Swapping the non-sasquatch Badlands shocks and springs into my OBX really helped cure the brake dive. However, I can't wait to install my Eibach Pro Truck 2.0 struts that I scored for 50% off.

As far as the OBX flares, I found someone who traded me my flares for Sasquatch flares and rock rails from a Badlands.
Awesome, post your impressions on the Eibachs when you get the chance.
Sponsored