First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Off road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone else getting the feeling that there might be a refresh coming for 2024? With some recent patents leaking with Broncos shown in them as well as some options causing orders to be cancelled for 2023 it seems like Ford might be running down inventory on parts that might be replaced with a new model/refresh. A refresh after 4 years certainly isn’t unheard of. Just a thought and I was curious if anyone else sees the same thing coming.
Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are always changes, but a good question. Hard to get into their minds. One would think that they would work hard to get past items that are popular and constrained.

Some things like the hard top they are playing catch-up an with the current ones better although not trouble free, they may still be working issues.

The LUX package, I think that is purely a chips problem and while they likely aren't the same chips as needed for the more essential items, they are likely made in the same places so focus has to be on the essential.

The SAS I would think they could ramp up. Far as I know there aren't chips involved, but it very well may be a product balance problem. You would think after reservations and large backlog that they would know what the product balance demand is, but maybe the problem is regulatory for this item. There are fleet economy requirements and some items like SAS lower the fuel economy. It could be that Ford is struggling to meet those requirements and didn't factor so much demand for SAS.

As I am somewhat of a Bronco II fan, they went 3 model years 84-86 with the 2.8L carbureted before going to the 2.9L EFI in 87 for the remaining production. Body refresh occurred with the 89 model year so it was 5 years with the original body style before the change.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Authority reported in October of 2021 that a mid-cycle refresh had already been planned. There are some other threads on the 2024 refresh if you're curious about more info.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
No. But there are always minor changes year to year.

Given how badly their supplier for wheels has screwed up, I'm actually shocked that Ford didn't change the stock Sasquatch wheels already.

I can also see them discontinuing the Everglades, since the take rate was abysmal.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t see them doing much, no need to increase costs while they are still selling every unit they can make.

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone else getting the feeling that there might be a refresh coming for 2024? With some recent patents leaking with Broncos shown in them as well as some options causing orders to be cancelled for 2023 it seems like Ford might be running down inventory on parts that might be replaced with a new model/refresh. A refresh after 4 years certainly isn’t unheard of. Just a thought and I was curious if anyone else sees the same thing coming.
Yes , I believe you are correct , I've heard they are planning for a refresh for the 24 MY, in fact I'm almost certain they will.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are always changes, but a good question. Hard to get into their minds. One would think that they would work hard to get past items that are popular and constrained.

Some things like the hard top they are playing catch-up an with the current ones better although not trouble free, they may still be working issues.

The LUX package, I think that is purely a chips problem and while they likely aren't the same chips as needed for the more essential items, they are likely made in the same places so focus has to be on the essential.

The SAS I would think they could ramp up. Far as I know there aren't chips involved, but it very well may be a product balance problem. You would think after reservations and large backlog that they would know what the product balance demand is, but maybe the problem is regulatory for this item. There are fleet economy requirements and some items like SAS lower the fuel economy. It could be that Ford is struggling to meet those requirements and didn't factor so much demand for SAS.

As I am somewhat of a Bronco II fan, they went 3 model years 84-86 with the 2.8L carbureted before going to the 2.9L EFI in 87 for the remaining production. Body refresh occurred with the 89 model year so it was 5 years with the original body style before the change.
SAS from all of the latest info lately has been tire shortages. I know tire prices are still through the roof and supply tight.

Sponsored