Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

F150 as sold November 2003
2004.png

Twenty years later.
2021.png

Major redesign......LOL
You know damn well that top image isn’t a 2003 F150. 2003 was 5th Gen and fugly. Redesign was in 2004 with 6th Gen. Now on 9th Gen. It’s been more than refreshed a number of times. Nice try.
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
You know damn well that top image isn’t a 2003 F150. 2003 was 5th Gen and fugly. Redesign was in 2004 with 6th Gen. Now on 9th Gen. It’s been more than refreshed a number of times. Nice try.
That top image is of F150s sold at the end of 2003, the bottom pic will be what you'll be buying the end of 2023. LOL.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That top image is of F150s sold at the end of 2003, the bottom pic will be what you'll be buying the end of 2023. LOL.
You’re funny bro. It’s a 2004 sold in late 2003. I bought a 6thGen in 2006 cuz Ford nailed the design back then. Fantastic truck. They sold a metric ton of trucks on that redesign. Hated the 5th Gen. Ugliest design Ford ever produced imo. Guess they were shooting for fuel economy and aerodynamics 😂

When are you picking up your Ram 1500?🤣

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
You’re funny bro. It’s a 2004 sold in late 2003. I bought a 6thGen in 2006 cuz Ford nailed the design back then. Fantastic truck. They sold a metric ton of trucks on that redesign. Hated the 5th Gen. Ugliest design Ford ever produced imo. Guess they were shooting for fuel economy and aerodynamics 😂

When are you picking up your Ram 1500?🤣
LOL at no time did I say a MY03. My G6 F150 I picked up in 2003 is still going strong, it looks a lot better than when they switched to the stupid looking triangle headlights and taillights, then again when they raised the hood and grill a couple inches, every refresh keeps looking worse and worse. At the end of the year I can put collectors' plates on mine, while the F150 design team is still sleeping at the wheel for 2 decades.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

LOL at no time did I say a MY03. My G6 F150 I picked up in 2003 is still going strong, it looks a lot better than when they switched to the stupid looking triangle headlights and taillights, then again when they raised the hood and grill a couple inches, every refresh keeps looking worse and worse. At the end of the year I can put collectors' plates on mine, while the F150 design team is still sleeping at the wheel for 2 decades.
I’ll give you the current Gen has a lot in common with 6th. But that redesign was a game changer for Ford. Tough deal completely redesigning models when you’re top selling truck.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Given how badly their supplier for wheels has screwed up, I'm actually shocked that Ford didn't change the stock Sasquatch wheels already.
I can't believe they haven't made the standard wheel for squatch non beadlock yet and made the beadlock an upgrade.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No. But there are always minor changes year to year.

Given how badly their supplier for wheels has screwed up, I'm actually shocked that Ford didn't change the stock Sasquatch wheels already.

I can also see them discontinuing the Everglades, since the take rate was abysmal.
What happened with the wheel supplier?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
What happened with the wheel supplier?
The wheel supplier is in China, and has been subject to repeated lockdowns. This has been going on since Ford started building Bronco. This is one of the reasons the Sasquatch builds will be built in surges. A shipment of wheels comes in, Ford uses them up, and then they are out again.

Having one supplier for Wheels of all things has been one of the major supply chain problems.

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone else getting the feeling that there might be a refresh coming for 2024? With some recent patents leaking with Broncos shown in them as well as some options causing orders to be cancelled for 2023 it seems like Ford might be running down inventory on parts that might be replaced with a new model/refresh. A refresh after 4 years certainly isn’t unheard of. Just a thought and I was curious if anyone else sees the same thing coming.
2024 seems like it's very soon for a refresh, but the Bronco was delayed by several years coming out of the gate and 2024 is when they're going to start building the 2nd Gen Ranger, so it probably makes the most sense for them to retool the entire factory all at once. I'm curious what the changes will be for the refresh, given that the new dual injection 2.3 Ecoboost has nearly identical power output to the 2.7 (which the Ranger doesn't use) I wouldn't be surprised if the Bronco switches to the 2.3 solely like the Mustang did when it got refreshed in 2018.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

2024 seems like it's very soon for a refresh, but the Bronco was delayed by several years coming out of the gate and 2024 is when they're going to start building the 2nd Gen Ranger, so it probably makes the most sense for them to retool the entire factory all at once. I'm curious what the changes will be for the refresh, given that the new dual injection 2.3 Ecoboost has nearly identical power output to the 2.7 (which the Ranger doesn't use) I wouldn't be surprised if the Bronco switches to the 2.3 solely like the Mustang did when it got refreshed in 2018.
Well, with the latest news from Ford wanting to clear out old reservations and not carry PP into '24 it would make sense '24 will probably be a mid cycle refresh to match up the Ranger shared parts. Kinda sucks we'll be missing out of the 2.3 dual injection but the way Ford has performed with new features it might not be bad to be in a '23.

Sponsored

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, with the latest news from Ford wanting to clear out old reservations and not carry PP into '24 it would make sense '24 will probably be a mid cycle refresh to match up the Ranger shared parts. Kinda sucks we'll be missing out of the 2.3 dual injection but the way Ford has performed with new features it might not be bad to be in a '23.
Is it confirmed that the Ranger/Bronco are retaining the old 2.3 and not the updated dual-injection version? If they're all coming from the Cleveland plant I assume it'd be the same powerplant all around.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I do think a mild refresh makes sense for MY24. If nothing else just to relieve some of the commodity issues. Change SAS wheels/tires, make soft top available on 2drs like it is on 4dr to alleviate hardtop supply issues, etc.

I could also see removing some of the available trim options. Everglades trim could disappear or become a package within trim levels.

Wildtrak/badlands have a lot of overlap that could be combined into one trim. Same with Big Bend/Black Diamond.

Find some mild engine tune improvements to bump hp/tq a bit.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Is it confirmed that the Ranger/Bronco are retaining the old 2.3 and not the updated dual-injection version? If they're all coming from the Cleveland plant I assume it'd be the same powerplant all around.
Haven't heard, only speculation since the '24 Mustang will get the dual-port injection but agree.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure if it will be 2024 or not, but I think Ford is already showing us part of the next update with the squared-off fenders. They can now stamp these in 4DR and 2DR. No reason to keep it relegated to limited editions moving forward.

Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco Refresh? 1674483852894

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure if it will be 2024 or not, but I think Ford is already showing us part of the next update with the squared-off fenders. They can now stamp these in 4DR and 2DR. No reason to keep it relegated to limited editions moving forward.

Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco Refresh? 1674483852894
I think I prefer the round look better, does the majority like the squared off look?
Sponsored