First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2 dr stick shift, 23 Braptor,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Because they're loud as hell? Convertibles will always be loud, plus a/t tires and brick aero. Why pretend it's not loud on the highway?
because quite frankly mine arent...why should the units that are "reveiwed" be any different. I get a tiny amount of wind noidse in the hardtop 2 dr ( rack maybe ) ..and the Braptor is quieter. Was Autoblogs a soft top maybe...in which case the reveiw is somewhat distorted..
Sponsored

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

why does LOUD always come up, I have a 2 dr Badlands stick with the Squatch and a Braptor...neither is LOUD by any means...but I do agree on the regular dash display...its like a fix to something that was never broken...regular Tach please...
This is by far the "loudest" vehicle I have personally ever driven so I can agree with the comment. Former 2D Wrangler owner too. I've had my Bronco going on 3 years and the soft top is by far the worst thing about this car. I've had to pause and consider selling multiple times just cuase of that issue. Decided to keep since it's a "toy" anyways and I love it when I go offroading. My next vehicle will probably be a Rivian R1T for ride comfort/smooth drive and I'll just keep the Bronco in the garage to go off roading/camping.

Last edited:

Deanh

Raptor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is by far the "loudest" vehicle I have personally ever driven so I can agree with the comment. Former 2D Wrangler owner too. I've had my Bronco going on 3 years and the soft top is by far the worst thing about this car. I've had to pause and considering selling multiple times just cuase of that issue. Decided to keep since it's a "toy" anyways and I love it when I go offroading. My next vehicle will probably be a Rivian R1T for ride comfort/smooth drive and I'll just keep the Bronco in the garage to go off roading/camping.
theres the answer...soft top...both of mine are hardtops and dont have that issue.

Last edited:

JKryptonite

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is by far the "loudest" vehicle I have personally ever driven so I can agree with the comment. Former 2D Wrangler owner too. I've had my Bronco going on 3 years and the soft top is by far the worst thing about this car. I've had to pause and considering selling multiple times just cuase of that issue. Decided to keep since it's a "toy" anyways and I love it when I go offroading. My next vehicle will probably be a Rivian R1T for ride comfort/smooth drive and I'll just keep the Bronco in the garage to go off roading/camping.
I wonder if the new soft top is quieter? I have 2023 wildtrak & don’t find it too bad until you are 80mph or it’s very windy to point it’s also pushing the bronco around …. Or I’m half deaf already 🤔

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow, hard to believe the entry point for the lowest cost 2-door went from $28k at introduction a few years ago, to $41k for 2024. A $13k price increase. Plus the increased destination charge. :(

1707842610056.png
IIRC my ‘22 OBX started at $42k and I put almost every upgrade on it I could get and was out the door with tax/tag/title for $53k. A $92k Raptor is insane. At $71k it was already overpriced, but I would have paid that.

Sponsored

artart88

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4 door hardtop. It IS loud especially at certain speeds on rough terrain...kind of a booming resonating sound.

Also the instrument display is a disaster. Worst of any vehicle I have owned or driven.

I still love my Bronco though.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

theres tghe answer...soft top...both of mine are hardtops and dont have that issue.
I have a hard top, it's loud above 40mph. It's also moved around, for awhile it was in the back, then over the passenger rear window (2dr), now it's like wind in a canyon coming form the gap where the passenger top section joins the rear section. My guess is it's the seals and wind currents rolling across gaps. However, I've also known a couple people who had no issue, so top fitment is probably why.

Deanh

Raptor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a hard top, it's loud above 40mph. It's also moved around, for awhile it was in the back, then over the passenger rear window (2dr), now it's like wind in a canyon coming form the gap where the passenger top section joins the rear section. My guess is it's the seals and wind currents rolling across gaps. However, I've also known a couple people who had no issue, so top fitment is probably why.
I was actually prepared for noise...but maybe got lucky...( the Raptor is pretty quiet )we will see what happens when I remove the two doors top this summer if when I put it back on things change noise wise

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
because quite frankly mine arent...why should the units that are "reveiwed" be any different. I get a tiny amount of wind noidse in the hardtop 2 dr ( rack maybe ) ..and the Braptor is quieter. Was Autoblogs a soft top maybe...in which case the reveiw is somewhat distorted..
*Anchorman I don't believe you.gif*

Do you really think yours isn't loud compared to a Camry, Volvo wagon, or Prius?

Sponsored

Deanh

Raptor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
*Anchorman I don't believe you.gif*

Do you really think yours isn't loud compared to a Camry, Volvo wagon, or Prius?
how would I know when I wouldnt own one of those if I inheritted one, and shoot me if you see me in a Prius...I also have a Bronco Sport...its quieter yes, but Ill re-iterate...neither of my full size broncos are noisy by any means..and when someone uses capitol letter stating LOUD tha ts usually what it means. Mine are most definitely not, I can still hear the Radio at low levels no problem...so, Im just stating my own experience you c an believe that or not...your choice.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

why does LOUD always come up, I have a 2 dr Badlands stick with the Squatch and a Braptor...neither is LOUD by any means...but I do agree on the regular dash display...its like a fix to something that was never broken...regular Tach please...
Everyone compared vehicle noise to an EV these days…
I have the MOD top and it is definitely louder than my WRX was, and that wasn't considered a "quiet" car either...

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's the fastest that you drive? If you drive 65+ and don't think it's loud, you may want to visit an otolaryngologist. :LOL: Mine doesn't have any ill-fitting windows or anything like that. It just plain has a lot more noise coming through the roof. And I have the hard top with the liner and the other sound-deadening options. Frankly, the wind noise is the only significant shortcoming of the Bronco. I wouldn't road trip in the Bronco if off-roading was not part of the trip. But if it was quieter, I wouldn't have that issue. Legal speeds here are 70-80, and when you get in that range, it gets substantially more noticeable.

Deanh

Raptor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have the MOD top and it is definitely louder than my WRX was, and that wasn't considered a "quiet" car either...
I previously had a Fiesta ST with a modded exhaust....it too was quieter, but not by much...the reviews go on like the noise is unbearable, its not, quite easy to hold a normal conversation..BUT...seems all the reveiws are in Broncos with soft tops...so Im not privvy to their levels...

Last edited:

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wish people would stop whining about interior quality before they give the Bronco a Lexus interior -- yuck!! Some of us like a simple and durable interior over soft touch garbage. There is a reason why the original Jeep Cherokee XJ are so highly sought after, and this is a big reason why. Broncos are loaded with tech like every other vehicle, but at least they kept the interior basic and I for one don't want it changed.
Sponsored