Sarah A

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My bronco was finally made and was able to purchase it Dec 16th 22. Jan 23 noticed the roof was leaking took it in and they had it 4 days and told me there was nothing wrong. Surprise it leaked again the next rain took it back and I told them it is when it is at an incline in my driveway it leaks when I back out. They had it almost 2 weeks and said nothing is wrong with it. It rained again and leaked. My husband and took the tops off and you can clearly see the seal is cracked right where the water was coming in. I used a chalk pen and circled where it was coming in from. They ended up replacing the seal. During that visit they damaged the drivers top panel and when I got to pick it up once again from ford noticed they didn’t put the headliner on. Ugh! Fast forward to I believe was nov it rained and guess what??? It leaked again and worse than before. Take it back and they figured out that the whole back shell needed to be replaced. Now I am driving and can hear a knocking noise coming from the roof. Not sure what it was my husband I are driving and he notices it and when we get to the parking lot the roof wasn’t put back on properly and on uneven and part of the front seal is flopping around. I emailed and let them know what they did. When that shell came in we took it back and they had it 2 weeks in Dec and I bet you can’t believe what happened on 1/3/24 it now is leaking so bad and now on the opposite side. Thank god I didn’t have the baby in the car because he would have been drenched. I emailed and still haven’t heard back. I am beyond frustrated with this issue. It’s ridiculous I have to go around the weather to be able to have people sit in the back seat without wearing a rain jacket. Now I am driving a 62k vehicle with hefty trash bags as seat covers!

IMG_6596.jpeg

IMG_6597.jpeg

IMG_6603.jpeg
Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pretty unbelievable they wouldn’t even care enough to try and test it with a hose before giving it back to you. My .02 is buy at Trektop right now and go with that until you get a replacement top from Ford (you absolutely should get one under warranty). Then when you get the new one, sell it immediately because they are trash. You should make about $7000 and either put that in the bank or buy an aftermarket hardtop if you really want one. I sold mine and replaced it with a Trektop and have been very happy with it - it is a much higher quality product than either top you get from Ford.

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had 2 weather seals changed (between the rear shell and middle panel) and still leaking on my end. Dealer finally ordered an entirely new top

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My bronco was finally made and was able to purchase it Dec 16th 22. Jan 23 noticed the roof was leaking took it in and they had it 4 days and told me there was nothing wrong. Surprise it leaked again the next rain took it back and I told them it is when it is at an incline in my driveway it leaks when I back out. They had it almost 2 weeks and said nothing is wrong with it. It rained again and leaked. My husband and took the tops off and you can clearly see the seal is cracked right where the water was coming in. I used a chalk pen and circled where it was coming in from. They ended up replacing the seal. During that visit they damaged the drivers top panel and when I got to pick it up once again from ford noticed they didn’t put the headliner on. Ugh! Fast forward to I believe was nov it rained and guess what??? It leaked again and worse than before. Take it back and they figured out that the whole back shell needed to be replaced. Now I am driving and can hear a knocking noise coming from the roof. Not sure what it was my husband I are driving and he notices it and when we get to the parking lot the roof wasn’t put back on properly and on uneven and part of the front seal is flopping around. I emailed and let them know what they did. When that shell came in we took it back and they had it 2 weeks in Dec and I bet you can’t believe what happened on 1/3/24 it now is leaking so bad and now on the opposite side. Thank god I didn’t have the baby in the car because he would have been drenched. I emailed and still haven’t heard back. I am beyond frustrated with this issue. It’s ridiculous I have to go around the weather to be able to have people sit in the back seat without wearing a rain jacket. Now I am driving a 62k vehicle with hefty trash bags as seat covers!

IMG_6596.jpeg

IMG_6597.jpeg

IMG_6603.jpeg
Bronco isn't really a $60k+ vehicle, and I think people paying that much are doing it wrong. Nevertheless you should not get the run-around and incompetent service you mentioned, I'd find a different dealer. (On a selfish note though, I'm glad you spent big to help subsidize my base Bronco. :))

My $28k Bronco had some water on the seats once, but hasn't repeated. I didn't really care much, the front panels and top are on/off all the time, and the nature of this sort of vehicle there will likely be some water ingress over time.

Do you have a friend handy with vehicles? For this sort of thing I'd go that route and have someone make sure the top and panels are properly seated, identify current source of the leaks with a garden hose, and unless there is OEM seal tear/gap try a dap of caulk or Home Depot weather strip. Good luck.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sarah A

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you very much for telling me what I paid for my bronco. I paid MSRP for my bronco and added extras to it. I had the price lock guarantee so I didn’t over pay. I didn’t buy the base model for 28k for that very reason it’s a base model. I wanted the upgraded nicer one with the bigger engine and towing capabilities. There is no reason to be nasty just saying.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Ford Bronco 22 wildtrak roof leak IMG_6603

Hi Sarah. Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this roof leak concern? Thank you!
Sponsored