Sponsored

23S44 Recall - Certain 2023 Model Year Bronco Automatic Transmission Assembly Replacement

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Quite possibly the most ridiculous and funny recall I’ve ever seen.

A whopping 2 Broncos have a recall for transmission replacement 😂

Ford Bronco 23S44 Recall - Certain 2023 Model Year Bronco Automatic Transmission Assembly Replacement IMG_1751
Sponsored

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So…how would they know only 2 transmissions were in question because of this faulty abutment cup?

I always wonder how this works. So the broncos made it out the factory door and into the buyers hands before Ford knew there was a problem? How could they ever track what transmission was possibly affected at a certain point in assembly after the fact, I mean it doesn’t sound like they caught it at the moment it happened. They must have some seriously detailed build info.

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So…how would they know only 2 transmissions were in question because of this faulty abutment cup?

I always wonder how this works. So the broncos made it out the factory door and into the buyers hands before Ford knew there was a problem? How could they ever track what transmission was possibly affected at a certain point in assembly after the fact, I mean it doesn’t sound like they caught it at the moment it happened. They must have some seriously detailed build info.
I don’t know exactly how they do it, but I’m sure they’re very detailed about knowing every single little thing for reasons like this where it’s a potential safety issue.
Sponsored