Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just doesn't seem to add up for me. Makes me wonder if they're trying to get free parts for an out of warranty vehicle and using yours as an excuse because they found out your problem was just a loose bolt or something super easy to fix.
Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uh Oh. I just made a service appointment this morning for leaking fluid from under the Bronco. Earliest appointment is the end of May, but I hope I don't wind up with this issue.
Ford Bronco Automatic Transmission Leak issue leads to surprising discovery & rebuilt transmission IMG_0008

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Glad you issue got resolved ,but at an early age I learned to loathe autos. I know they aren't for everyone but I have sure learned to hate those Slushbox, full of red alien goo,shift when they want to boat anchors.

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On what motor was this issue?

Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
or.......

Ford Bronco Automatic Transmission Leak issue leads to surprising discovery & rebuilt transmission IMG_0008
Wrong robots. Those actually get shit done.

This is more accurate:

Ford Bronco Automatic Transmission Leak issue leads to surprising discovery & rebuilt transmission 1682737987291

"What is my purpose?"

"You pass butter ask for VINs on a message board."

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uh Oh. I just made a service appointment this morning for leaking fluid from under the Bronco. Earliest appointment is the end of May, but I hope I don't wind up with this issue.
Ford Bronco Automatic Transmission Leak issue leads to surprising discovery & rebuilt transmission 1682737987291
Please provide update in this string after your service center investigates. Thanks.

Reactions: 0ne

BadlandsJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had some major transmission problems starting in November at 7000 miles. CELs for 4x4 system fault and torque converter clutch malfunction. I also had red fluid on my garage floor. 5 months later I have a new transmission, torque converter, transmission control module, and transmission cooler. They said the cooler failed and had turned the fluid into a "strawberry milkshake." Weird because I never saw the transmission temp get hot, and not really sure if they ever knew exactly what was wrong, but you could tell there was something wrong with the vehicle when driving. I'm actually glad they just swapped in a brand new transmission... better than trying to fix a dud. It was a very looooong wait, even worse than the year I waited for a Bronco in the first place. Best of luck to you, and hopefully they can get you squared away quickly.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pump bushing? I can see the bushing going bad and having metal contamination. Depending on what those 30 parts are, the powertrain cost cap we have to fill out basically tells us if it reaches the threshold for replacement or repair. I was told it factors in each dealers labor and parts markups but not sure what % it takes to put over the top. The other factor it takes into account is part and complete replacement unit availability. If one of the parts on the tech list is on galactic backorder and can't be obtained from another dealer, they can get the blessing for then next level service assembly (complete unit).
I love these insider answers 🤘🏻

Scott Cooper

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While changing a few weeks ago at 15k miles I noticed some drops of transmission fluid that had formed on the bottom of the bell housing area. I wiped them and checked a couple of days later and they were back. I didn’t have any spots on my garage floor though so it wasn't a large leak.

I took the Bronco in a couple of weeks back to have the leak checked out, thinking it was a bad seal or something. It was still only dripping a few drops each day. After 2 weeks in the shop, I received an update last week that the transmission tech couldn't figure out where the leak was coming from and he contacted Ford. Ford told him to pull the transmission and inspect it. They also told me at that time that it was leaking pretty bad and there was a large puddle under the lift when they came in one morning.

Today I got an update that a bushing or bearing (the service advisor wasn't sure which one the tech told him) had turned sideways in the transmission and tore up the gears and other bearings and such. He said the tech has ordered over 30 components and will be rebuilding it when the parts arrive. He said this is the 2nd or 3rd one they have seen like this. The weird thing is that it drove completely normal and I never heard any strange noises or anything that would indicate that bearings and gears in my transmission were being destroyed. I mentioned that to the service advisor today and he said that's how the others have been too, no noise or drive issues. Looks like I'll be without my Bronco for a couple more weeks.

Anyone else ever hear of this? Should I be concerned with the rebuilt transmission going forward? I'm surprised they didn't just replace the transmission and send the old one back to Ford for teardown and analysis since this seems to not be an isolated incident.

Exact same thing happened to my 22 BD. Techs couldn't figure out where the leak was coming from. Engineers at Ford told them to replace the entire the transmission after they took it apart and saw the same things. Was replaced about 2 months ago and no issues on the new one... so far.

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just noticed a small seepage coming from my '21 2.7l auto transmission. Though mine seem to be on a different part, and is a very slow leak/seep. Only noticed because I happened to spot a small "wet" spot on my garage floor.

I assume even this small amount would be cause for concern and a trip to the shop?

Ford Bronco Automatic Transmission Leak issue leads to surprising discovery & rebuilt transmission IMG_6336

Ford Bronco Automatic Transmission Leak issue leads to surprising discovery & rebuilt transmission IMG_6337

Ford Bronco Automatic Transmission Leak issue leads to surprising discovery & rebuilt transmission IMG_6338

Ford Bronco Automatic Transmission Leak issue leads to surprising discovery & rebuilt transmission IMG_6339

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just noticed a small seepage coming from my '21 2.7l auto transmission. Though mine seem to be on a different part, and is a very slow leak/seep. Only noticed because I happened to spot a small "wet" spot on my garage floor.

I assume even this small amount would be cause for concern and a trip to the shop?

IMG_6336.jpg

IMG_6337.jpg

IMG_6338.jpg

IMG_6339.jpg
That’s not your transmission. That’s the transfer case. And it looks like a possible leak from your output shaft seal, which is slightly common on some earlier broncos. Bring it to the dealer and have them repair It.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Automatic Transmission Leak issue leads to surprising discovery & rebuilt transmission IMG_6339

Ford's logic..... Film/residue/damp=not a leak. Drip=leak....I kid you not.
Sponsored

• Haha