Sponsored

285/75r16 Yokohama Geolandar G015's Base trim.

SurroundedByPotholes

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram SRT10, freestyle, Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yokohama's new rubber compound G015's installed. New to the brand and searched for something that wasn't too aggressive, but could handle snow\slush and highway duties without going to a dedicated snow tire. Considered Wildpeaks, but I like the white lettering and "heard" these were really quiet and handled inclement weather really well- mud duties weren't a concern of mine.
I had Cooper Discoverer AT3's on my Ram 1500 and I will say they were just as quiet as a regular tire and handled the rain like no other- but felt they wandered a bit on the highway.
I feel this is the best tire size for the manual, it fits the gearing perfectly and my mpg has remained the same at 18.5 on premium hand calculated-Probably because I don't have to ring out 1st and 2nd in city driving. I drive 75 mph or faster on the highway on most occasions and she goes into boost more often when in 6th but this hasn't affected my mpg.
I noticed some people mention they had to cut or trim the piece that protrudes to the spare tire when mounted but these did not require any modification.

Would it look better with 35's? Probably, I don't know- but I do know these specifically improved the shifting and driveability in the city and still moves just as good on the highway with no complaints.
I attempted to take the same picture from the driver side to show the before and after differences without the "myspace" camera angles. 🙃

20221121_134321.jpg

20221125_143842~3.jpg

20221123_150650.jpg

20221123_152809.jpg
Sponsored