Sponsored

Base model factory wheels 285 75r16 no lift.

OP
OP
BaseBlackCoupe

BaseBlackCoupe

Base
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My spare will be replaced later this week when my 5th tire gets here, so I will see what the deal is?
Yea you'll want to trim just a little bit off the 2 rubber spacers, otherwise it'll make a nice couple dents in your tailgate. I almost found out the hard way😬

That's cool those tires look slick man! N I agree 100% the gearing couldn't be better!
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yea you'll want to trim just a little bit off the 2 rubber spacers, otherwise it'll make a nice couple dents in your tailgate. I almost found out the hard way😬

That's cool those tires look slick man! N I agree 100% the gearing couldn't be better!
I'm putting slightly wider on my BB. I just removed the spare to check out spacers and couldn't get the off...hints?

OP
OP
BaseBlackCoupe

BaseBlackCoupe

Base
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm putting slightly wider on my BB. I just removed the spare to check out spacers and couldn't get the off...hints?
They're attatched with like a plastic screw, almost like a drywall anchor or something. I just pulled the spare and trimmed em down without removing them. Used a box cutter.

Sponsored

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How much you want for those? I'm down in Charlotte.
Blackcat - I could do $600 for all (5) tires? (4) have 3000 miles on them & the spare is still new!
Let me know if that works & they will be yours? ;)

Riderflyer

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1/2023 Ford Bronco HPR
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm still waiting for my base/2 dr, HPR form 01/20/22. I found some new, local take-offs Wildtrak rims with the black beadlock rims for $800(5). Plan on adding BFG KO2 A/T 285 75R17 tires on the 8.5 in. new rims. I think the taller & wider tires will fill the wheel well just right.
Ford Bronco Base model factory wheels 285 75r16 no lift. DE5120CC-6071-49B6-9EE5-9F95C7ED0CB5

OP
OP
BaseBlackCoupe

BaseBlackCoupe

Base
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm still waiting for my base/2 dr, HPR form 01/20/22. I found some new, local take-offs Wildtrak rims with the black beadlock rims for $800(5). Plan on adding BFG KO2 A/T 285 75R17 tires on the 8.5 in. new rims. I think the taller & wider tires will fill the wheel well just right.
Ford Bronco Base model factory wheels 285 75r16 no lift. DE5120CC-6071-49B6-9EE5-9F95C7ED0CB5
Sounds like a solid plan! I almost got some take offs but decided I really liked the old school look of these.. next time around I'll probably get some 16" rhino armory style wheels. This look has really grown on me!! If it were my money that's where I'd put it!!!
Ford Bronco Base model factory wheels 285 75r16 no lift. 06260FB8-6F84-4ABF-B5BE-8E6A9DDAD203

Paris

Base
First Name
Paris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco, Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

New tires finally installed! 285/75r16 ironman mt.. always been a huge fan of these tires. Cheap, durable, excellent in mud and snow. Anyway picked up a set today and installed them on my otherwise 100% stock base bronco. The 33's with the manual transmission and 4.46 gears are a match made in heaven. Anyone considering a similar setup, do it! Thanks for checking em out!!!

Ford Bronco Base model factory wheels 285 75r16 no lift. 06260FB8-6F84-4ABF-B5BE-8E6A9DDAD203
I love this look, and was looking at those tires. How is the road noise and gas milage with the Mt? I am between AT and MT. I've never had a soft top vehicle, so I don't know how much Mt on highway may be to adjust to.

OP
OP
BaseBlackCoupe

BaseBlackCoupe

Base
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love this look, and was looking at those tires. How is the road noise and gas milage with the Mt? I am between AT and MT. I've never had a soft top vehicle, so I don't know how much Mt on highway may be to adjust to.
If you have the 16" wheels the ride quality will be the same as factory. I have the hardtop so I don't notice the noise. But didn't notice it with my top off either. I think these exact tires would make a good choice!!! Tirerack is where I got em

And thanks! I love the look to 😎👍

Sponsored

Paris

Base
First Name
Paris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco, Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you have the 16" wheels the ride quality will be the same as factory. I have the hardtop so I don't notice the noise. But didn't notice it with my top off either. I think these exact tires would make a good choice!!! Tirerack is where I got em

And thanks! I love the look to 😎👍
Hell yeah, I love the price point! That's encouraging that you have a good review of the ride. Thanks!

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Correct and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that in this size! Never worry about flats and still maintain a factory ride quality. ***Ride quality did not change at all from the tiny factory base tires*** If the tire were say 12.5" wide and aired at 50 psi you're gonna feel it. 36psi is perfect in this size and load e. 😎👍
Got a question for you and others here... The alphabet load ratings are just modern X number of ply equivalent, right? I know they can handle a heavier axle as that is stated in most specifications.

Long story short, I really thought an E load rating would make for a worse ride quality. Perhaps not for all manufacturers or was I wrong to assume that? Perhaps I was thinking of the LT light truck rating?

In a non-Bronco I have, the largest I can go is about 285/70/17. The appeal of getting a tire difficult to puncture at construction job sites is very much something I'd like if I don't have to sacrifice too much in other areas such as comfort. Thoughts? Thank you.

OP
OP
BaseBlackCoupe

BaseBlackCoupe

Base
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got a question for you and others here... The alphabet load ratings are just modern X number of ply equivalent, right? I know they can handle a heavier axle as that is stated in most specifications.

Long story short, I really thought an E load rating would make for a worse ride quality. Perhaps not for all manufacturers or was I wrong to assume that? Perhaps I was thinking of the LT light truck rating?

I've had vehicles where load e killed the ride quality. That was in 33/20×12.5 and 35/20x12.5.. I'm guessing it doesn't effect it so much in this size because there is so much rubber between the outside of the tire and the rim. Like lots of meat to absorb bumps. Also airing them down increases the ride quality tremendously. That's what I did in my jeep.. just haven't had that issue w these. They've been awesome

twyoung1975

Base
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 C10, Nissan Versa, Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Glad to see more folks rocking the steelies and 33" tires. I saw a YouTube video(Budget Bronco) about a year ago showing his, I think he's on here, anyway, I had my dealer install them before I picked it up in April. I've got over 10,000 miles on mine now with this setup, 33" tires and 7MT, and it's been great! Anyone worried about that size tire on the base wheel, it works great.
Ford Bronco Base model factory wheels 285 75r16 no lift. PXL_20220514_152128742

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had selected Hankook Dynapro AT2's to be installed on delivery but the tire machine at the dealership had other plans that day. The dealership eventually punted and sent the tires to another local shop, finally have them installed and so far so very good!
Based on this thread I went with the 285/75/16's and it's almost like this was the tires size the Bronco is geared and tuned for. Anyone concerned that the 2.3 will have any issues rolling these tires can safely put those concerned out the door. As others have mentioned, first gear goes from a bit short to just right. Plus they fill the fenders better.
Ford Bronco Base model factory wheels 285 75r16 no lift. IMG_3970.JPG
Sponsored