Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you should be able to download forscan on your laptop, buy an appropriate USB to OBD2 cable (forscan cable) and change the parameters in your bronco. There should be a forscan thread on here somewhere you can reference. I dont have my bronco yet, but ive got the cable already and still need to install the software. There has to be hundreds of members on here that know how to update the tire size etc in forscan.
Sponsored

Lt. Ron

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco 1986 flareside, 2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Doesn't plugging in Forscan (dealer or non dealer) leave a 'flag' and when there is a warranty claim Ford can deny it because there is a non-erasable "flag" in the memory? Go to a dealer and have them do it, Because the "flag" gets documented into the Ford system.

But Once ya put in a lift, you already void warranty so you can what ever you want in Forscan.

OP
OP
hunterg54

hunterg54

Base
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Doesn't plugging in Forscan (dealer or non dealer) leave a 'flag' and when there is a warranty claim Ford can deny it because there is a non-erasable "flag" in the memory? Go to a dealer and have them do it, Because the "flag" gets documented into the Ford system.

But Once ya put in a lift, you already void warranty so you can what ever you want in Forscan.
I definitely want to preserve the warranty. No lift yet for me but I've considered a leveling kit. Maybe if I have it installed by ford I can stay covered, not sure.

Lt. Ron

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, if Ford does the Lit or level, its covered...personally, I like the front pitched down a bit, because when accelerating or driving down the road the rear dips down a bit, and now it looks like a loaded diaper...

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tossed on some meats today, shout out to Americas Tire who did an excellent job with great service. Was thinking also 285/75/16 and 255/85/16 tires but decided to go in between and love the way it turned out. Driving feel is overall slightly more sluggish (best I can describe) than the original 255/70 all seasons but nothing crazy. Will be looking into getting the speedometer re-calibrated, so if anyone has any suggestions on where to go for this please let me know.

IMG_1289.jpeg

IMG_1290.jpeg

IMG_1291.jpeg
I love it! I know for many bigger is better but there are advantages to smaller tires and they look great. I almost upgraded to big bend just for the alloy wheels, but glad I didn't. Ford did a great job with the stock steelies, they look great (in my opinion) and fits the Bronco's retro theme. I heard of guys putting 285 on the base 7" rim? Are there disadvantages of installing a wide tire on a narrow rim? I would assume typically 285s would be installed on a much wider rim.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lifts and Forscan will not "void" your warranty. If Ford determines there is a related failure because of a lift, or Forscan, or any other reason beyond the original manufacturer or supplier, they may decide to deny a warranty claim. An example I would use- if you have a power steering rack failure and you have a lift, larger tires and a replacement bushing in the rack from an aftermarket supplier, Ford could (and likely would?) determine that the alterations to the vehicle caused the problem and decline to pay for repairs. If you adjusted the speed sensors and relative speed "readout" of larger tires (but within the original design parameters of the Bronco, as this above example would seem to qualify) in Forscan and your steering rack failed, it would be very unlikely that they would deny a warranty claim. In all likelihood they would have to prove the alteration did cause the failure. All of that "proof" could be expensive and time consuming for a consumer (and Ford), so any modification could put you at some risk, but there is both statutory and case law governing these transactions.

The flip side, just because a dealer installs a product, does not mean that the original manufacturer warranty could not be affected. I am certain that many dealers use aftermarket parts and vendors that could invalidate aspects of the OEM warranty. If it is a good dealer and good suppliers, they would likely make up for any gap and cover repairs or parts themselves, but it could very well leave you in a similar situation. Example- you get an dealer installed exhaust (Flowmaster for discussion sake) if down the road, those parts were deemed to have caused a failure to the O2 sensors, those parts/alteration unrelated to the OEM and discovered by another dealer may not be covered. You would either end up paying for the repairs or going back to the installing dealer or manufacturer of the exhaust.

I was involved from several sides in these issues from electronics to crash parts, so I am not a complete noob to the world or repair and warranty. There are a lot more nuances and many states have specific statues that alter the requirements and process of resolving disputes. In general, that should be the way both the OEM and customer look at aftermarket parts and alterations related to warranty claims.

OP
OP
hunterg54

hunterg54

Base
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love it! I know for many bigger is better but there are advantages to smaller tires and they look great. I almost upgraded to big bend just for the alloy wheels, but glad I didn't. Ford did a great job with the stock steelies, they look great (in my opinion) and fits the Bronco's retro theme. I heard of guys putting 285 on the base 7" rim? Are there disadvantages of installing a wide tire on a narrow rim? I would assume typically 285s would be installed on a much wider rim.
I've seen many people run 285s on the stock 7 in rim. I was originally planning on doing that but after some research I decided against it. Manufacturer (BFG) recommends at least a 7.5 in rim for 285s and I didn't want to run into any issues with how the tire would wear down the road. There is probably a good chance you wont have problems with that size but it wasn't something I was interested in risking.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my first time hearing about plugging in a obd2 cable (forscan) voiding warranties.
Is this true, and if so, to what extent? I planned on purchasing an ESP and wanted to correct a few reported minor annoyances via forscan, but now im concerned. @Ford Motor Company

PIG1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mazda6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Tossed on some meats today, shout out to Americas Tire who did an excellent job with great service. Was thinking also 285/75/16 and 255/85/16 tires but decided to go in between and love the way it turned out. Driving feel is overall slightly more sluggish (best I can describe) than the original 255/70 all seasons but nothing crazy. Will be looking into getting the speedometer re-calibrated, so if anyone has any suggestions on where to go for this please let me know.

IMG_1289.jpeg

IMG_1290.jpeg

IMG_1291.jpeg
Love the stock steel wheels. Whole thing looks great.

Sponsored

Lt. Ron

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Look at it this way in the early '60's you could mess with the timing, change needles, richer or leaner choke settings, all that stuff, then in the '70's catalytic converters showed up and "tamper proof" carbs. the later Duraspark "non adjustable" timing, and down the line you go..

Do you really think Engineering at Ford (or anywhere) will give you the keys to the software they wrote? Sounds like the EPA have some say in this too, Remember you get as many GOAT modes you pay for... They are all in every truck, just "turned off"
I'll have a list of stuff to "turn On and turn Off' But I'll have them do it.

Blowing a turbo because of software "mods" are covered? they know someone's been in there...and can have the upper hand, Do what you want, No problem here, but for 40-50-60K why take the chance? have a ball after warranty is up.
I'm not saying Forscanning the headlights will void a overheating issue, but.......

Grits

Base
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I found them on Ebay. The seller is hubcapkingdom(106,536) They fit like a glove, no mods, and are stainless. They will and do scratch the heck out of the wheel paint so once installed you are committed...LOL! They are listed as "16" NEW Stainless Beauty Rings Set of 4"

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Glad you kept the silver steelies, I think that set up you have looks amazing. That will be my next tire for sure.
Sponsored