First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was able to take a 4 door WT mannequin home for an overnighter. I won’t be redundant with the dozens of other similar threads.
Just 4 observations:

1.) I love the Bronco

2.) Post by driver’s left shoulder is a
terrible blindspot.

3.). The driver’s safety belt buckle
becomes a flying anvil
when you unbuckle and let go.
It slams against the door post
With surprising force.

4.) Even though I ordered the Lux,
I could be perfectly happy with
the Mid package.

These are off the wall observations, not the ad nauseum same comments. I just summarized by saying, “I love the Bronco.”

I did have a lot of people recording with their phones at red lights, several honks and thumbs up. I was also approached repeatedly while gassing up. Several had an eureka moment when they realized the Sport was not the real Bronco.
Sponsored

CodaMojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thats cool you got an over nighter. Are you moved also to MY22? I decided I will go with eruption green and modular Bumper for sure

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thats cool you got an over nighter. Are you moved also to MY22? I decided I will go with eruption green and modular Bumper for sure
It was awesome! Cactus gray WT, 4 door with soft top and mid package. I got my VIN in July and was scheduled to be built in August, but then everything got shuffled because of the MIC tops. I’m locked in to a 2021 because of having a VIN. Probably won’t actually get it delivered until early 2022. I think the green is so cool!

CodaMojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It was awesome! Cactus gray WT, 4 door with soft top and mid package. I got my VIN in July and was scheduled to be built in August, but then everything got shuffled because of the MIC tops. I’m locked in to a 2021 because of having a VIN. Probably won’t actually get it delivered until early 2022. I think the green is so cool!
Grats on gettin a VIN, I was going white originally. Momma didn't want me to dink with it (changing to BL w/soft top) so I will have to ride out till spring

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Grats on gettin a VIN, I was going white originally. Momma didn't want me to dink with it (changing to BL w/soft top) so I will have to ride out till spring
Actually, the overnighter was the 4 door Cactus gray. My order and VIN is for a WT 2 door, VB. So it’s going to have a MIC top. Thanks for the congrats, but you might be better off with a 2022 build. Better tops and some bugs worked out…..and green!

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

strange how it's different for so many. I'm 6'3" and I can have my arm on the windowsill very comfortably, and the B pillar is not in my way at all for visibility. Not any different than my 18 year old Taco. And I push my seat pretty far back, I like to drive with arms almost stretched out.

Do try and test drive one if you can, or at least sit in one if your dealer doesn't let people drive their mannequin. I loved my test drive in a 4 door 2.7, so much fun! Worth the wait for sure.

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
strange how it's different for so many. I'm 6'3" and I can have my arm on the windowsill very comfortably, and the B pillar is not in my way at all for visibility. Not any different than my 18 year old Taco. And I push my seat pretty far back, I like to drive with arms almost stretched out.

Do try and test drive one if you can, or at least sit in one if your dealer doesn't let people drive their mannequin. I loved my test drive in a 4 door 2.7, so much fun! Worth the wait for sure.
I’m 6’3 as well. The visibility looking over my left shoulder (as in changing lanes) was very obstructed. I guess it has to do with your seat position, etc.. Nevertheless, I loved it! I am however getting a 2 door. It just so happens that the mannequin was a 4 door.

mandrew

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m 6’3 as well. The visibility looking over my left shoulder (as in changing lanes) was very obstructed. I guess it has to do with your seat position, etc.. Nevertheless, I loved it! I am however getting a 2 door. It just so happens that the mannequin was a 4 door.
I think it has to do with height AND how broad your shoulders are.

I am 6'2", 230lbs with broad shoulders...the B-pillar has me considering the 4 door Jeep (2-door won't work for my needs). I drove them back to back and although the Bronco is definitely bigger inside, the B-pillar makes me feel more cramped than I felt in the Jeep. I tried adjusting the seat every possible way and the B-pillar is always encroaching on my left shoulder. I'm looking at a 2022 Bronco (or Jeep) and plan to order in Dec/Jan. Trying to be patient and see if there is a solution in the works....I can't be the only one with this concern.

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I am 6'2", 230lbs with broad shoulders...the B-pillar has me considering the 4 door Jeep (2-door won't work for my needs). I drove them back to back and although the Bronco is definitely bigger inside, the B-pillar makes me feel more cramped than I felt in the Jeep. I tried adjusting the seat every possible way and the B-pillar is always encroaching on my left shoulder. I'm looking at a 2022 Bronco (or Jeep) and plan to order in Dec/Jan. Trying to be patient and see if there is a solution in the works....I can't be the only one with this concern.
I drove the 2 door at the Off Roadeo. It didn’t have the same obstruction. Fortunately, I am getting a 2 door. I could live with the 4 door setup if I had to have a 4 door. Good luck to you!

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Your not the only one, I brought this up last year. The Bronco is uncomfortably narrow to some, including myself. The B pillar is the culprit. It also seems some people are just used to driving smaller vehicles, this will be the smallest Ive ever owned, hoping I can get used to it.

mandrew

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your not the only one, I brought this up last year. The Bronco is uncomfortably narrow to some, including myself. The B pillar is the culprit. It also seems some people are just used to driving smaller vehicles, this will be the smallest Ive ever owned, hoping I can get used to it.
I plan to go back again and fiddle with the seats some more and take some measurements. I am pretty sure the B-pillar is much bigger and wider in the Bronco than the jeep...probably due to airbags etc. From my last Bronco/Jeep drives I can say the following:

Bronco 4-door
  • Wider at the hips and leg area
  • Narrower at the shoulder area (where I have to have the seat due to height)
  • Seats are more comfortable and supportive

Jeep 4-door
  • Narrower at the hips and leg area (the door is much closer to you)
  • "Feels" wider at the shoulder area (Where I have to have the seat due to height)
  • Seats are not as comfortable
I think overall the shoulder encroachment would bother me more on long drives.
Sponsored