First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Owned a 78 when I was young. Even though I live in the heart of Jeep country, not a huge fan. So when these came out, was interested.
Early this year, talked to a friend at a dealer about an order...he gave me a complicated story about order banks, options that are not available or reduce likelihood of getting one, blah blah. Also said would prob be 2024. I said "2 Door, cheapest I can get" and forgot about it. Figured it would never happen.
Two weeks ago, I get a call...your 2 Door Carb Gray Big bend is in. Was not really prepared for it. He sent pics, thought "kinda looks like a Kia Soul??" until I saw it in person. So here I am with a new Bronco.

Observations:
  • WTF is up with the AC? mind of it's own.
  • 2.3L is fine on power, but man it makes some weird noises. rattles and ticks. Suppose it's normal.
  • Shoulda, Coulda got anything but standard package. No switches, standard bumpers, USB in Dash, etc.
  • Keyfob but still need it to unlock? No proximity unlock or capacitive touch handle to unlock (first world problem)
  • BB tires are super practical, but look like hot garbage. Captain Obvious
  • I love it, she's a basic bitch but I kinda like that. No frills and tough.
  • After Market addiction is a real problem.
I'm spending everynight at my computer, searching deep for wheel and tires, pics of other rigs..... like Neo searching for Morpheus.
Sponsored

Exhaust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like how you forgot you were getting a Bronco until it was delivered. Surprise! Here's a $40K bill, lol. Literally the opposite of everyone on this forum posting daily updates about their build on the assembly line šŸ˜†

Last edited:

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
"2 Door, cheapest I can get"

Dang, a dealer that actually listened :)

Sounds like you'll be having a ton of fun with it, enjoy.

Post some pics.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Dobolina

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks All. Will post pics soon (just added Script emblem).

Speaking of that. Question for you all.......
As I said, need some tires! Looking for advice/experience with buying direct from DiscountTire or another shop, have them install soup to nuts, versus buying tires online and taking to have them mounted?

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I bought a set of SAS take offs. Stock look, 35's look great. Just remove the crash bars. Simple and solved.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A couple of years ago I bought tires for my 4runner from Discount Tire.

They have/had two arms of the company. Discount Tire Direct and Discount Tire, first being online and second being local stores.

Signing up to DTD gets you special offers, usually about $100 off a set of four, plus an extra 5% off. You order and they send the tires to the local store for pickup or installation. In the end it was not a big difference between the two but it was more than nothing.

My local DT store would price match DTD and paid a little bit for the tires on the truck I swapping out. They may have evened out the pricing since then.

General advice, if you have locking lugs, make sure you get your lug key back when you pick up your Bronco. Always check the lug nut torque yourself after wheel/tire work and recheck a couple hundred miles later.

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks All. Will post pics soon (just added Script emblem).

Speaking of that. Question for you all.......
As I said, need some tires! Looking for advice/experience with buying direct from DiscountTire or another shop, have them install soup to nuts, versus buying tires online and taking to have them mounted?
We are here to help you with your tire buying journey. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Coastalcop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™ve used discount tire for years since one family trip I had a tire go way out of whack on a new set bought elsewhere . This was mid trip to Colorado in Roswell NM a thousand miles from home.

Dropped my fam off at the museum and hit the discount tire. They didnā€™t have a replacement and found two others that wouldnā€™t balance. They made me a deal I couldnā€™t refuse, gave me credit for three tires ( said they would take care of the manu defect and square it with the manu) and got me out the door in 2 hours from walking in ( they knew I was on a trip). That store made me a customer for life . Since then ALL my tire shopping is through DT. Probably 75 sets since then between buying selling cars/trucks ( I have a shiny /new/ fast addiction) the kids, and the XOs cars.

Never a question on honoring a tire warranty

when the bronco needs tires DT is where Iā€™m going

Sponsored

Discount Tire

Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Iā€™ve used discount tire for years since one family trip I had a tire go way out of whack on a new set bought elsewhere . This was mid trip to Colorado in Roswell NM a thousand miles from home.

Dropped my fam off at the museum and hit the discount tire. They didnā€™t have a replacement and found two others that wouldnā€™t balance. They made me a deal I couldnā€™t refuse, gave me credit for three tires ( said they would take care of the manu defect and square it with the manu) and got me out the door in 2 hours from walking in ( they knew I was on a trip). That store made me a customer for life . Since then ALL my tire shopping is through DT. Probably 75 sets since then between buying selling cars/trucks ( I have a shiny /new/ fast addiction) the kids, and the XOs cars.

Never a question on honoring a tire warranty

when the bronco needs tires DT is where Iā€™m going
Thank you for your kind words, and thank you for your patronage. Much appreciated.

Discount Tire

Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A couple of years ago I bought tires for my 4runner from Discount Tire.

They have/had two arms of the company. Discount Tire Direct and Discount Tire, first being online and second being local stores.

Signing up to DTD gets you special offers, usually about $100 off a set of four, plus an extra 5% off. You order and they send the tires to the local store for pickup or installation. In the end it was not a big difference between the two but it was more than nothing.

My local DT store would price match DTD and paid a little bit for the tires on the truck I swapping out. They may have evened out the pricing since then.

General advice, if you have locking lugs, make sure you get your lug key back when you pick up your Bronco. Always check the lug nut torque yourself after wheel/tire work and recheck a couple hundred miles later.
Thank you for your patronage! Much appreciated!
Sponsored