Sponsored

4 year wait for Bronco orders?

Do you have/ are you receiving a 21' year Bronco?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good lord, man! Is that a record here. Feel for ya….
Not even close, there’s a shit ton with early reservations. I’m about 30 days behind him and with the way this shit show is going it’ll be 800 days before this POS comes.
Sponsored

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford definitely dropped the ball on this and it sucks, I sold my nice F-250 daily driver too early and am now needing a new daily but don't like anything out there. While I wait going ahead with a Rubicon order from Granger, never been a big fan of Jeeps but maybe it will win me over. When (if ever) the Bronco comes in figure it will be easier to trade the Jeep since I will have bought it there as well. 🤡🌎

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I did choose the dealer I wanted. A small family dealership local to me. I have 3 dealerships in my hometown and picked the one that I had the best previous experience with. Ford has chosen to prioritize their large volume dealers, none of which are in my city.
I could've gone local with mine, but they wouldn't talk about pricing and I wasted 2 weeks doing a song and dance with them trying to get anything.
I got fed up and asked Albert (from Granger) a few questions. His openness and enthusiasm got me and the fact that Granger is little over a 2 hr drive from where I grew up sealed it.
Sure, the below invoice pricing helped, but it wasn't the deciding factor in me choosing them.

I could've stayed in state, but knowing the bigger dealers on the west side of the Cascades were probably swamped with more orders than allocation, I decided to stick with my choice of going to Granger.

Now, with Ford changing the rules after the first quarter of the game, I feel like I'm being punished for my decision and it's upsetting.
I'm a mid-Sept 2020 reservation and I'm looking at a late '23 M.Y at best, unless there's a lot of people before me that drop out or transfer (which I highly doubt there is/are).

I also won't play the whole preferred model and options to get it earlier game. I want a 2-Dr, 2.7, and Sasquatch package and considering adding the modular bumper back on.

I have been toying with going to another in State Ford dealer and placing an identical order to what I have with Granger and seeing which one wins the dice roll. I just haven't found any evidence that it would put me in any better of a position.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a brighter note, chip supplies are predicted to meet demand by mid-2022. That's one less thing to slow production. I can't believe that I gave up my July reservation because I didn't want a first year production model.
especially when all you had to do was 99 order, lmao!

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me, the difference was the top. I switched from mod to soft top in March, and I got the scheduling email on Labor Day. I’m convinced its just the tops holding it up as I had literally everything else on the deadly constraints list (as noted on my signature block). once they announced the hard top prep kit, I was sold on the soft top. (One correction on that signature block- I switched from mod to soft in June of this year.). My order got picked up 3 months later.

Nick at Damerow has been there all along with me. no games, and open and honest.

if you need yours in May, and you can live short term with a soft top, I’d go that route. I’ve lived in OR for 32 years, 23 of them with a soft top Wrangler as a daily driver, so I acknowledge being more comfortable than most with a soft top. I’m planning on a real mod top in ’23, and will reach out to all my Oregon friends to split the freight on a group buy 😀.
I get what you are saying. I just dont want have to spend whatever it will cost down the line. I also missed the window to get the hard top plumbing on a soft top order.

Sponsored

TrippR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It sounds like you could get your Bronco in 3 months if you lived in Oregon 😉
Brad, to your point, it's not your location, but your dealer- an
I get what you are saying. I just dont want have to spend whatever it will cost down the line. I also missed the window to get the hard top plumbing on a soft top order.
I understand completely.

The good news is that ALL builds from mid-Sept 21 and later, are configured with the “hard top prep package”, so you should be ok there if you should change your mind On the top.

TrippR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish that was the case. I have no idea when we will get ours in Oregon... Keep hoping.
Hi!
I’m guessing you’ve got a 2 door on order? If so, I’d agree with you on availability with the hardtop constraint.

On the other hand, if you‘re ordering a 4 door, and open to a soft top, then you should get picked up fairly quickly if you have a relatively high volume dealer. For me, it took 3 months from the date I switched to soft top. I was as surprised as anyone.

Happy to DM and help figure it out with you if you want. I want to see more Broncos in Oregon!!

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They produced roughly 40k 2021s. Already scheduled around 20k 2022s. 2021's will be a rare bird.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi!
I’m guessing you’ve got a 2 door on order? If so, I’d agree with you on availability with the hardtop constraint.

On the other hand, if you‘re ordering a 4 door, and open to a soft top, then you should get picked up fairly quickly if you have a relatively high volume dealer. For me, it took 3 months from the date I switched to soft top. I was as surprised as anyone.

Happy to DM and help figure it out with you if you want. I want to see more Broncos in Oregon!!
We will see if your 3 month wait time comes to fruition. Im 1.5 months into a soft top order (4 door BL, SAS, towing, mid) with an October 2020 reservation.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The 3 to 4 year wait is likely limited to several thousand customers who ordered at several smaller dealerships that offered significant discounts then got side-swiped by FMC change in allocations that favors large dealerships. For other consumers, most likely 12 to 18 months, depending upon what what they order and the supply chain constraints at that time.
Yep, and one would be me Brad. I was going to mention this, but I think you did a much better job than I would have. My problem is everytime I start to post something about it I use words that just isn't allowed in mixed company. :oops: :cool:

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is Granger the dealership that promised below invoice and is the dealership that will take years to fulfill orders?
Yes sir, along with Chapman in PA, and Stephens in WV. I used to be a Ford fan boy, but when they screwed Granger they screwed me. Now I feel the fool for trying to back Ford during the last year and a half.

And, if I had to guess I would say Ford will continue the screwing no matter how many they can build next year.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, and one would be me Brad. I was going to mention this, but I think you did a much better job than I would have. My problem is everytime I start to post something about it I use words that just isn't allowed in mixed company. :oops: :cool:
I'm in the same boat and decided to stick with Granger after exploring my options. Other dealers wanted me to cancel my reservation and start over which places me on somewhat even ground. I checked with the largest dealer in my hometown and they had over 80 orders and only 3 delivered at that time. They also told me that it would likely be a 2023 delivery. I saw no point in trying to switch.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm in the same boat and decided to stick with Granger after exploring my options. Other dealers wanted me to cancel my reservation and start over which places me on somewhat even ground. I checked with the largest dealer in my hometown and they had over 80 orders and only 3 delivered at that time. They also told me that it would likely be a 2023 delivery. I saw no point in trying to switch.
@Tonka1 Same here Brad. @Zach@Granger, and his crew have been so good to work with I just couldn't see rewarding a mega dealer by leaving Granger. I have become so bitter toward Ford I have to check myself when posting about the way they have treated Granger, Chapman, and Stepens. If I don't I would be banned from the forum forever.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You can't just place another reservation at another dealer.
I tried outsmarting Ford on that one, but Ford said FU which was my Granger one that is like 700 series lol. I thought about playing a walk in order game, but I am worn out from this and just hanging out. Oh and this whole large volume dealer shit is BS, I am at one. I also have some friends who were at much smaller dealerships like really small and made the last 21 cut. Its pure lottery draw computerized program which I think is broken with Cobol 86 goto statements in it (for those who have been around IT for a while).

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Depending on where you are in Grange-tober, it is real. It's not Zach's fault. Ford has changed the rules with regards to allocation. The line of reservation holders is long at Granger and Ford will only allocate so many regardless of their capacity to produce enough Broncos to satisfy every reservation holder nationwide with a MY'22. I'm a Grange-tober buyer and I'm looking at MY'25 by the time my number is picked.
Ken, Ford really threw the high hard one at Granger, you, me, and many more that reserved with them. I'm a 10/04 reservation, and I'm thinking a mid/late '24 build date also. My last contact with Zach, and his crew I was number 440 out of 1000 plus some change orders. Ford couldn't give a chit less when we get our Broncos as they know they'll sell every one that hits the lots in the first 3-4 years of production. Their promise to us meant nothing.

As I said I'm not going to try changing dealers. I wouldn't reward a big dealer with my business if it means I never get a Bronco. I know, my wife says I'm quite hardheaded. But screw the big dealers, them and Ford can kiss my big old saggy posterior.
Sponsored