Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer said ....
OP, learn this game - "My dealer said" Most of us quickly understood what that means and there is a penalty for stating or reading that on this forum.

Some say 6G is a sad group of people. I would say we are a passionate group, but we are actually a drinking club ;) J/K hahaha not really. We just want our broncos and most want to listen and trust their dealer. Ha ha ha. This is not sane but I am lucky to have a trust worthy one.

Most of the dealers I have ever met sell drugs to people to keep you in a particular state of mind. ;) Your Ford dealer is not much different if they have a silver tongue and they say things to keep you in a state of mind at times. "My dealer said".... drink!
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford never invested into enough tooling to make all the hard tops ordered. As a result, they are still building soft tops at 2-3 times the actual order rate
At the risk of being labeled a Ford apologist, It wasn't Ford's responsibility to invest in hard top tooling. They contracted with Webasto who had major difficulties bring a new facility online to manufacture a brand new product in the middle of a pandemic.

Not sure where you are getting the soft top at 2-3 times the hardtop stat. The last round of scheduling saw our group have 85% hardtop scheduling rate. And this was from a large allocation on par with Grangers last big round.

Djveks22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
No build date email for me yet but it looks like once you get the email, it is like 3 more months away?

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya I may fall to buying over MSRP at some point depends on the next few months. I didn’t order long ago but still wanna get rid of my Wrangler and be driving the bronco
Why should you get your Bronco before those who have been waiting for 22 months?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
At the risk of being labeled a Ford apologist, It wasn't Ford's responsibility to invest in hard top tooling. They contracted with Webasto who had major difficulties bring a new facility online to manufacture a brand new product in the middle of a pandemic.
There is no question that Webasto completely screwed the pooch on their new factory. But I can't think of any industry where the prime does not own the tooling.

Even when I have something manufactured by a sub, my company owns the tooling, and can recall it at any time.

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ya I may fall to buying over MSRP at some point depends on the next few months. I didn’t order long ago but still wanna get rid of my Wrangler and be driving the bronco
you just order and crying because you might need to wait tell 2023 anyone who order in 2022 or 2021 should not get there Bronco tell the people who put in a reservation in 2020 gets theirs.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I probably had one of the shortest waits on here and still waited longer than you, patience my friend

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's hard to sympathize with folks who have waited such a small amount of time when many here are going on 2 years since reservation and over a year since they ordered the first time. Walk in orders should be the lowest priority regardless of dealers allocations, period.

Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I no longer care about this vehicle. I'll wait but the excitement is gone. When I see one on the road, which is now often, I think 'there's another one.'

When friends and coworkers ask (I've long given up talking about Bronco) I speak with disdain about @Ford Motor Company, their launch, and their quality control.

If Wrangler had an IFS I would have bailed months ago.

If 4Runner or the new VW Scout have a removable top, I'll throw in the towel on this shitshow.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can’t wait, you should be able to find an OBX for $5k ADM. They will be asking $10-$15k but talk them down. You can sell your Wrangler for a markup now to help justify the ADM. I believe the ADMs have come down a bit, interest rates have gone up, gas prices jacked up, recession looming. I think dealers will be motivated to move these Broncos. Also, every day the Bronco becomes less exclusive as They are delivered and more and more are on the street.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I no longer care about this vehicle. I'll wait but the excitement is gone. When I see one on the road, which is now often, I think 'there's another one.'

When friends and coworkers ask (I've long given up talking about Bronco) I speak with disdain about @Ford Motor Company, their launch, and their quality control.

If Wrangler had an IFS I would have bailed months ago.

If 4Runner or the new VW Scout have a removable top, I'll throw in the towel on this shitshow.
I don’t understand why the F Toyota won’t make a proper removable top manual 4Runner or Landcruiser like they used to.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just don’t think my Bronco is ever coming. I need a new car badly and really wanted this car to come. The dealer told me 3-4 months if I were to order a soft top. Now I probably won’t see the vehicle until 2023. Anyone else losing hope like I am? Just seems like everyday a new issue occurs and that it isn’t getting better.
I got mine man. Don't lose hope.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My reservation was 9/22/20 order 1/21/21 still waiting We have had many plans to take our new Bronco on trips but it never has shown up. But I will wait till I get mine someday.
Sponsored