Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Non SAS OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is just an FYI post for those that have purchased the Ford Extended warranty recently.
I was looking through my Ford pass app yesterday for other reasons (see my post about pre-collision assist error) and found a record for a $4600 AC service at Granger Ford. I bought an extended warranty from them back in September. I contacted them about this and they said the following:
"When we processed your service contract, we are required to enter it through our dealer management system. We have 3 options for transactions: a car sale, repair order or parts ticket. Ford allows us to process this as a repair order in our dealer management system and Ford are miscategorizing the transaction as an air conditioning / heater concern and then are doubling the transaction price."​

"This is only reflecting in your Ford pass incorrectly and is not on your warranty or repair history. We've been in contact with Ford on resolving the issue but it hasn't been fixed obviously. If you have any additional questions, please let me know! "​
Granger got back to me almost instantly when I emailed them about this. Kudos to them for their quick response and the great price on their extended warranty.
Sponsored

Jeffal

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I noticed the same.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is just an FYI post for those that have purchased the Ford Extended warranty recently.
I was looking through my Ford pass app yesterday for other reasons (see my post about pre-collision assist error) and found a record for a $4600 AC service at Granger Ford. I bought an extended warranty from them back in September. I contacted them about this and they said the following:
"When we processed your service contract, we are required to enter it through our dealer management system. We have 3 options for transactions: a car sale, repair order or parts ticket. Ford allows us to process this as a repair order in our dealer management system and Ford are miscategorizing the transaction as an air conditioning / heater concern and then are doubling the transaction price."​

"This is only reflecting in your Ford pass incorrectly and is not on your warranty or repair history. We've been in contact with Ford on resolving the issue but it hasn't been fixed obviously. If you have any additional questions, please let me know! "​
Granger got back to me almost instantly when I emailed them about this. Kudos to them for their quick response and the great price on their extended warranty.
Can you post a screenshot of what this looks like? I looked at my extended warranty and there is nothing there, but I may not be looking in the right place.

OP
OP
hokie94

hokie94

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Non SAS OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you post a screenshot of what this looks like? I looked at my extended warranty and there is nothing there, but I may not be looking in the right place.
It's in the service history menu not the warranty menu.

Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's in the service history menu not the warranty menu.
Ok, then I don't have anything oddball in mine. Just oil changes...

Blue Oval

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the exact same issue and got the same repone from Grainger. I called the Ford Pass customer service. They issued me a case number and said they would look into it. It took a couple of months and many follow ups from me but they finally got in removed from my Ford Pass app.
Sponsored