First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 2dr 2.3 7speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really hate complaining about things. I usually just find it annoying but this time I can’t help it.
I have a MT 2dr that I just love. Waited close to 40 years for a Bronco and I’m really loving it.
It had that grinding noise at idle, like a lot of people did. My dealer diagnosed it in Jan. In May, the parts arrived. Just about 3 weeks ago. The nightmare begins with me being told that it’ll take a week. Ok, Reasonable. A week goes by…Oh we need another part, it’s ordered, should take a couple of days to get then a couple of days to get the Bronco fixed and back to you. Ok. Then Oh there’s a transport delay. Should be another day, This is last Friday. Yesterday, I get a call. The part came andd the tech is on it and you’ll have it tomorrow. Today!…Oh well the tech said it might be later but probably Friday. WHAT? Here’s what I want. Please just give me a day AND STICK TO IT. Stop moving the goalposts and thinking there’s nothing wrong with this.

If I did this with my clients, I wouldn’t ever EVER work.

Thanks for listening.
Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made an appointment at a mega Ford dealer to have a recall performed on my 2015 Explorer. Rear toe strut replacement. About 2 weeks later, at the appointed time, I brought the car to the dealership. It was on a Monday morning. I called them Wednesday afternoon, since I hadn’t heard any updates. Their reply, “We’re still waiting on the parts”……!!!!!!

So, I scheduled recall work but no one bothered to see if the parts were available???? Hard to explain unless there are a LOT of no shows.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess the bright side is that it didn't blow up in Jan and it had to sit until May before the parts came off of backorder. That would really suck.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JC2DR

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
All valid points. Maybe it’s just the sad state of affairs when a service section just takes such a dim view of accountability? I’ve never thought Ford’s quality was bad, but clearly they could tighten up the quality of their parts suppliers and their service reliability.
That would be a big step forward.

Ducksworth

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon, 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate to say it but its not just Ford. Service standards are rough all over. I'm not trying to be a Ford apologist so no need to rip my arms off its just my opinion.

I'm sure someone will come along in a minute and tell you that their Tacoma never breaks down...but that one time it did (not Toyota's fault) they flew a service tech out via helicopter and had it fixed in 20 mins.

Anyways, bright side is they are covering it. Sorry for the frustration my friend. Best of luck to ya!

OP
OP
JC2DR

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This just in. The parts dept. just texted me to tell me that the door bags I ordered are in. Now all I have to do is fill them. We’ll see.

jdbabb4247

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really hate complaining about things. I usually just find it annoying but this time I can’t help it.
I have a MT 2dr that I just love. Waited close to 40 years for a Bronco and I’m really loving it.
It had that grinding noise at idle, like a lot of people did. My dealer diagnosed it in Jan. In May, the parts arrived. Just about 3 weeks ago. The nightmare begins with me being told that it’ll take a week. Ok, Reasonable. A week goes by…Oh we need another part, it’s ordered, should take a couple of days to get then a couple of days to get the Bronco fixed and back to you. Ok. Then Oh there’s a transport delay. Should be another day, This is last Friday. Yesterday, I get a call. The part came andd the tech is on it and you’ll have it tomorrow. Today!…Oh well the tech said it might be later but probably Friday. WHAT? Here’s what I want. Please just give me a day AND STICK TO IT. Stop moving the goalposts and thinking there’s nothing wrong with this.

If I did this with my clients, I wouldn’t ever EVER work.

Thanks for listening.
Had my Bronco in for MIC top replacement, took almost 3 months to get parts, after parts came in took another 3 weeks to get scheduled. Once at dealership they had it 18 days. The real kick in the ass is my 4 months old top must now be replaced.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bummer. Hopefully they get you on your way before too long.

Add more weight to the glad I didn't spring for the extended warranty side of the scale which looks like this skip warranty / buy warranty more every day.

Good luck to you 🤠

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I made an appointment at a mega Ford dealer to have a recall performed on my 2015 Explorer. Rear toe strut replacement. About 2 weeks later, at the appointed time, I brought the car to the dealership. It was on a Monday morning. I called them Wednesday afternoon, since I hadn’t heard any updates. Their reply, “We’re still waiting on the parts”……!!!!!!

So, I scheduled recall work but no one bothered to see if the parts were available???? Hard to explain unless there are a LOT of no shows.
I've owned Fords forever and had very little warranty or recall work done, but, this is my only beef. A couple times dealing with a known issue, scheduled, then wait for parts. For God's sake when you know what you're going to do have the part's on hand before scheduling! This is my hesitation to get the driveshaft recall done on my Bronco.

OP
OP
JC2DR

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've owned Fords forever and had very little warranty or recall work done, but, this is my only beef. A couple times dealing with a known issue, scheduled, then wait for parts. For God's sake when you know what you're going to do have the part's on hand before scheduling! This is my hesitation to get the driveshaft recall done on my Bronco.
!00% CORRECT.

OP
OP
JC2DR

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok. Finally, 4 days shy of a month, I have the Bronco back. It needs a bit of use to get everything smooth. Tech say just to run it normally. That’s just what I intend to do!

Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's not smooth about it?

OP
OP
JC2DR

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
What's not smooth about it?
There’s a whole set of new gears that have to get a bit of use. My personal feeling is that the clutch is bit soft as well. Going to have it checked in the next day or so.
Sponsored