First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door | 2004 Porsche 996
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone ever heard of a Ford Dealer charging a document fee for a warranty repair? After owning a lot of vehicles over the years, this is the first time I have encountered a fee like this.

I self diagnosed the defect with the spring and clicking in the center armrest (using this forum😊) and let the Ford dealer know while they were performing routine maintenance.

Ford Bronco 🧲Ford Dealer Document Fee for a Warranty Repair❓❗️ Center Armrest 082FD1C7-37B6-46C4-8123-9244FC777472
Sponsored

Last edited:

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL. Anything for a buck i guess.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thats a new one. Bet if you call Ford you could get thier service manager fired. I would simply refuse to pay...you never signed off on that fee, never approved it? Don't think you are liable for it then

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone ever heard of a Ford Dealer charging a document fee for a warranty repair? After toning a lot of vehicles over the years, this is the first time I have encountered a fee like this.

I self diagnosed the defect with the spring and clicking in the center armrest (using this forum😊) and let the Ford dealer know while they were performing routine maintenance.

Ford Bronco 🧲Ford Dealer Document Fee for a Warranty Repair❓❗️ Center Armrest 082FD1C7-37B6-46C4-8123-9244FC777472
That's a big no.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What's the point of a warranty if you have to pay for it? I would call Ford Customer Service and let them know about the dealer. It's not the money, it's the point!

Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Never run across that before.

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very poor business ethics from that dealership. I agree the service manager should be fired just for attempting to do something like that. Please give us the name of the number of the dealership I would like to call complain myself, just in general principle…

FrankenRodz

Base
First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2 - Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thats a new one. Bet if you call Ford you could get thier service manager fired. I would simply refuse to pay...you never signed off on that fee, never approved it? Don't think you are liable for it then
should be the case, but Manufacturers don’t care. It’s actually up to the Dealer to determine if anything is a warranty claim.
I will say, when I worked for Acura, any consumer complaints were promptly followed up. But all Acura could do was make recommendations.

FrankenRodz

Base
First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2 - Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone ever heard of a Ford Dealer charging a document fee for a warranty repair? After toning a lot of vehicles over the years, this is the first time I have encountered a fee like this.

Who is the Dealer? I’d be letting everyone know what Dealer NOT to use!

Broncoblk23

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Document fee?!? What are they sending a telegram to ford and delivering the part with a pigeon carrier

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
should be the case, but Manufacturers don’t care. It’s actually up to the Dealer to determine if anything is a warranty claim.
I will say, when I worked for Acura, any consumer complaints were promptly followed up. But all Acura could do was make recommendations.
Well, a denial they wouldn't care, but this is way different. Back when I was in the dealership a MAJOR no-no was a trick they used to do where they would bill Ford and the customer for the same thing...i.e. say you broke a tie rod off road, and you admit that it was probably your fault, and you pay for it, but the dealer files a warranty claim anyway...the ol' double dip! I don't see how this is any different from that?

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And they don't care if they get it wrong. Our 17 escape, with Premuim care, 8 yr, 125K needed a rear diff at 77K miles. All American in Oldbridge NJ told us it wasn't covered. We had to call Ford and get them to call the dealer back. If anything would be covered by their top warantee, it would be part of the drivetrain. If I wasn't there to argue, the dealer would have stuck by their false claim I'm sure. How many others paid, even with an extended warantee?
Sponsored