Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey All. I got my 21 Badlands 2.3 mt the last day of January after finding it on a dealer lot. The day I drove it home I got my first 4x4 error that popped up and disappeared after shutting off the vehicle. Saw this occur a handful of other times and was unable to change GOAT modes. In total maybe occurred 9 times. I finally was able to bring it in Monday to be checked out. The dealership found over 30 codes since beginning of Jamuary (Prior to my purchase). Ford has them methodically testing every part of the wiring system to find the issue. Still haven’t completed all the testing, nor have they found any culprits as of yet. They anticipate the testing will not be completed till Thursday. I will keep you all posted.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe you're already aware, but there tends to be 3 culprits..

1) The wiring harness above the drive shaft is drooping down and getting worn through

2) the fuse box bolts are loose and need to be tightened and ground wires.

3) the plug behind the glove box that connects to the body control module is not seated correctly.

And then of course there's just a long list of real problems that could be happening.

OP
OP
longwoodknight

longwoodknight

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe you're already aware, but there tends to be 3 culprits..

1) The wiring harness above the drive shaft is drooping down and getting worn through

2) the fuse box bolts are loose and need to be tightened and ground wires.

3) the plug behind the glove box that connects to the body control module is not seated correctly.

And then of course there's just a long list of real problems that could be happening.
Thanks for this. I brought up 1 and 3 to the dealer at drop off. they have confirmed they checked those in one of the follow up calls. Ill ask about 2 in my chat with them tomorrow. I will keep everyone posted on the findings.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for this. I brought up 1 and 3 to the dealer at drop off. they have confirmed they checked those in one of the follow up calls. Ill ask about 2 in my chat with them tomorrow. I will keep everyone posted on the findings.
I hope it's an easy fix. The only time I think I've personally read that it wasn't, was when a few people had a front axle not properly seated from the factory and it stripped out.

OP
OP
longwoodknight

longwoodknight

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the Bronco back this morning. They tested every component and wire and found no problems, They hard reset each module, and the error no longer pops, and I can finally use the GOAT modes. I will update if the issue returns.

OP
OP
longwoodknight

longwoodknight

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just an update for anyone interested. It appears what the dealer did fixed the issue. No errors and works great. I’ll report back if something new comes up
Sponsored