Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just picked my Bronco up on Thursday (12/23) and love it. But have had three 4x4 error messages, and haven't even driven it in 4wd yet. The messages state either " For 4L slow to a stop" or "Check 4x4" . All three times, the Bronco has sent me the following notification to the FordPass app.

Has anyone else experienced this or know much about it? I do plan to take by the dealer tomorrow for them to check out.

Ford Bronco 4x4 Error messages - New Bronco Screenshot_20211226-155146_FordPass
Sponsored

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the same issue after a rain storm. I checked the transfer case solenoid connections and e everything was ok.

Dealer had to replace the Transmission Control Module, took them about 5 days to get it in

OP
OP
jakej

jakej

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the same issue after a rain storm. I checked the transfer case solenoid connections and e everything was ok.

Dealer had to replace the Transmission Control Module, took them about 5 days to get it in
Thanks @JTK37. Interestingly, we've had quite a bit of rain since I've picked it up. Wonder if there are issues with a washer or gasket?

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks @JTK37. Interestingly, we've had quite a bit of rain since I've picked it up. Wonder if there are issues with a washer or gasket?
that's my guess. My issuE was after driving in heavy heavy storms with standing water in the roads. Doesn't give me co evidence that this truck could handle any water crossing unfortunately

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok so I've been through at least a dozen water crossings now and just got the error today. I was in 4A but it felt like it put itself in 4H since it couldn't really turn. After turning it off and back on I could put it in 2H so tomorrow to the dealer we go. But yes it can do a few water crossings 😅

Sponsored

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My module has gone bad too. After a freeze/ rain we got here in Texas I started getting the same errors you did. Turned out to be the module. 3-5 days to come in from Detroit. The Bronco has been in service for a week. 2 week total downtime with no rental does not leave a great impression.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My module has gone bad too. After a freeze/ rain we got here in Texas I started getting the same errors you did. Turned out to be the module. 3-5 days to come in from Detroit. The Bronco has been in service for a week. 2 week total downtime with no rental does not leave a great impression.
Just for my education: When you guys speak of the 'module' you mean what...the electric shift motor mounted to the transfer case??

Gary5393

Badlands
First Name
GARRETT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia soul
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just letting people know my bronco badlands got the same error as well last week. They finally got it in to the dealership today and said it was the transmission shifter module. "Only two in the country but its on emergency order and will come in 3 days" so this probably isn't a isolated issue. My bronco had it happen during a light rain after being parked in 4A. Have 6200 miles on it and it's been through heavier rain and snow then this light March shower.
Sponsored