Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

• Banned
Shut my bronco off leaving it in 4A. When I started it to move into the garage got these two warning lights. Crazy part is it is saying it is in 2wd but driving it and making any kind of turn I feel substantial drag binding on the drivetrain. Thought it might be a low battery but it’s a full charge now. Checked the grounds all tight. No rubbing wiring harnesses underneath. Mine is a 21 with 13k miles. Any thoughts. Going to have to get it flat bedded to the dealer but was wondering if there was a trick to get it back into 2wd. Btw disconnected the battery twice.

28B670D6-C983-451E-BC16-C425FAA100E6.jpeg

872EA70D-9F89-462D-9641-53E90FC02D1A.jpeg
Sponsored

MrGSquared

Outer Banks
First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Jeep GC TH 5.7, '23 Bronco OBX 4Dr (on order)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
sorry for maybe stupid idea, but, if it is in 4A (which is a mode, not a gear) maybe it is stuck in 4L and needs to get out of that by putting the vehicle in Neutral, then pressing either 2H or 4H.

Normally, you would get out of 4A with tires moving. Since you were in your garage, they are not and thus can't disengage, maybe ????

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4A should not create noticeable binding, should it? Binding is very noticeable in 4H and 4L when on non-slipping surfaces and turning….concrete or asphalt.

Are you in a GOAT mode that won’t allow 2H?

OP
OP
Bronco cat

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

• Banned
4A should not create noticeable binding, should it? Binding is very noticeable in 4H and 4L when on non-slipping surfaces and turning….concrete or asphalt.

Are you in a GOAT mode that won’t allow 2H?
I was driving back from the car wash and driving in normal mode put it in 4A. When I got home I left it in 4A when I shut the vehicle off. When I went to move it all there or messages kicked including ford pass and it showed the system was back in 2wd. When I drove it to further investigate it is obvious the system is in 4wd. It binds on turns and drags.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Black Diamond SAS - CPR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
MIne had a similar issue. It turned out that the purple wire in this harness was pulled out. This harness is located on the outside passenger side frame rail. I doubt that is what it is, since mine happened when I was trail riding, but it might be worth a quick look.

Ford Bronco Stuck in 4wd with two error messages 1672430361246

OP
OP
Bronco cat

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

• Banned
MIne had a similar issue. It turned out that the purple wire in this harness was pulled out. This harness is located on the outside passenger side frame rail. I doubt that is what it is, since mine happened when I was trail riding, but it might be worth a quick look.

Thanks I’ll check it. The one place I didn’t look

Fedexman1978

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I

I was just about to go digging for your original post. Lol. Glad I didn't. It would have taken me forever.
Sponsored