Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is interesting. How long did it take them to figure it out? Did the escalate to Ford?
It took several trips, each time replacing one or more parts. They started with the service bulletin on the shutter harness connector but that was pointless. Then replaced the alternator. It was about then that they escalated to Ford and a Ford Engineer was brought into the dealership to investigate. They then tried resetting/reinitializing the computer at which point it was determined to be a defective module, (BCM I think). I first reported the issue the Friday after thanksgiving and it was resolved on the 18th of Feb. Fortunately, I was able to drive it between waiting for parts so it wasn’t as critical as the creator of this thread.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PAWBronco

PAWBronco

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Bronco Sport, Chev Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, they've already replaced my BCM, replaced the sensor, replaced the battery, and did all the bulletin checks re: the alternator, fuses, etc. It was elevated to Ford several weeks ago.

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Engineering determined the gateway module needs to be replaced on my Wildtrak. Cross whatever you can to make sure this works.

OP
OP
PAWBronco

PAWBronco

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck, I hope that Gateway module works for you. I don't think they've replaced that part yet. Mine has been elevated to the top the person at Ford corporate said and had Bronco engineer assigned to the case.

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good luck, I hope that Gateway module works for you. I don't think they've replaced that part yet. Mine has been elevated to the top the person at Ford corporate said and had Bronco engineer assigned to the case.
Supposedly the part will be installed today. I'll report back as soon as I know anything.

Any update for you?

Sponsored

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I drove by and it was still sitting outside in the rain. But apparently they told Ford Customer Service rep that "repairs are underway."

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It didn't fix it...

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Apparently it did fix the issue. I just got it back from the dealership.

OP
OP
PAWBronco

PAWBronco

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE #.....I lost count.

Okay, the engineer from Ford was here today. He started at the BCM and worked backwards. He found a wiring harness (I believe I was told it was attached to the BCM or near it) was bad. After unplugging everything, several wire points inside the harness were crimped and therefore not making connections. Essentially whatever factory makes those harnesses, made a bad one. He then took a F150 harness, pulled plugs and added others like a mad scientist until he had one just like the Bronco. After attaching it, everything worked as it should. He continued testing back to the battery to ensure that was the only thing wrong. The battery charged properly with the MacGyver'd wiring harness. They've ordered a new harness and it should be here Mon or Tues I'm guessing. Therefore, I should have Pepe back maybe middle of next week. The engineer was confident that the problem was fixed. It got me wondering though, was my harness the only bad one or was there a batch of bad ones?

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

UPDATE #.....I lost count.

Okay, the engineer from Ford was here today. He started at the BCM and worked backwards. He found a wiring harness (I believe I was told it was attached to the BCM or near it) was bad. After unplugging everything, several wire points inside the harness were crimped and therefore not making connections. Essentially whatever factory makes those harnesses, made a bad one. He then took a F150 harness, pulled plugs and added others like a mad scientist until he had one just like the Bronco. After attaching it, everything worked as it should. He continued testing back to the battery to ensure that was the only thing wrong. The battery charged properly with the MacGyver'd wiring harness. They've ordered a new harness and it should be here Mon or Tues I'm guessing. Therefore, I should have Pepe back maybe middle of next week. The engineer was confident that the problem was fixed. It got me wondering though, was my harness the only bad one or was there a batch of bad ones?
I worry that more of a batch is possible given the weird issues.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PAWBronco

PAWBronco

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I worry that more of a batch is possible given the weird issues.
If that's it though, it's an easy enough fix. It's definitely something that would get overlooked by the dealership but simple to check if you know what to look for. Hopefully they put out an alert bulletin if someone else has these same circumstances.

Saskwah

Big Bend
First Name
wess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If that's it though, it's an easy enough fix. It's definitely something that would get overlooked by the dealership but simple to check if you know what to look for. Hopefully they put out an alert bulletin if someone else has these same circumstances.
I have the same issues, but not willing to take it to Ford until they have a fix all dealers know about. My cam phasers are also bad and Im still waiting for a service bulletin on that. They will have my Bronco for months if I just take it in

Jeffiedean

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Holy crap man. Just got these lights on my bronco tonight and I'm scared to death to take it in. I can't sit without a car for a month while they pick through random solutions.

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Holy crap man. Just got these lights on my bronco tonight and I'm scared to death to take it in. I can't sit without a car for a month while they pick through random solutions.
It is a stressful place to be in. Be prepared to take drastic measures in the name of time. Or ask that they immediately escalate to Ford engineering. If you take it in, contact Ford customer service and let them know, it worked out for me to do this.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So this error message has graced my start-up routine now. Forscan doesn’t see any error codes, so it’s some kind of ‘ghost message’ - there’s nothing wrong with my 2 week old Wildtrak. Battery is good & it’s charging in the 14-15 Volt range. I’m just going to ignore it and try not to let it annoy me. Once someone finds a fix, please add a list of B6G membernames to the post so that we are all notified with a potential fix. Thanks.
Sponsored