HRAKA

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Took a road trip from WI to Moab UT to participate in the Off-Rodeo. Had a very enjoyable day out on the trails. Had planned on driving all around UT for 2 weeks (the complete yearly vacation allowance).
2 days later got the warning "Charging System Service Soon" on my 2022 2-Door Base with Sasquatch, which soon thereafter turned to "NOW" & the Battery Voltage readings became erratic.
Took the Bronco to the local dealership in Moab. They were able to look at it 2 days later. They called a few hours later saying that the Alternator was bad & the vehicle was unsafe to drive. The new alternator would take several days to come in. No loaner cars available. No rental cars available in Moab.
Needed to take a 1hr45min taxi ride to the nearest town with rental cars available. Rental agency did not have any Fords to rent (all had been recalled recently). We were given a Jeep Wrangler. Ford assured us that they would reimburse for car rental.
Picked up the Bronco 6 days later. About 30mins away from the dealership, the same warning popped up.
Kept driving East, since we both have jobs we need to get to. Figured we would deal with it when we got home at a local dealership.
Upon arriving home, contacted Ford Customer Care again regarding reimbursement for the rental +/- taxi ride (figured this part might be a hard no).
Ford said NO. They would not reimburse us for the rental or the taxi. The reason being is that we did not rent a Ford, even though there were no Ford vehicles available within a 2hr radius of the basically brand new under warranty malfunction.
I have read several other posts regarding the Charging System warning & that there does not seem to be a consistent underlying cause. This part of the situation is the least frustrating. New cars have new car bugs.
My main point of discord with FORD is the lack of customer care. I am thankful that we were not stranded and that we were personally financially able to fend for ourselves to continue/enjoy our vacation. But it was a major time-suck & inconvenience. The least they can do is cover the rental car costs.
Sponsored

Terry Tonka

First Edition
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco, Dodge Durango, Chevy 35
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm going through the same problem, plus I have 2 recalls again and they don't have the parts.
2 weeks ago they said let me see if we have a battery in stock at the dealership but we will have to order one in like they had to do 6 months ago when my alternator when out. I waited over a week for them to get a battery in and install it even I told them it was the alternator.
Then after 10 days they ordered the alternator. Also they had my Bronco almost 3weeks.
They also NEVER have loaner cars.
I have all the alarms and alerts going off everyday every few minutes in my car and on my phone.
3 calls in and they have NEVER called me back.
I drove up there and they told me I need to see the service writer that helped me 6 months ago.
She has never call back either. They are so usless.