First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I've had the "Service Charging System Soon" light on ever since I bought the bronco from the dealership. I checked the battery voltage with my fluke and everything seemed normal when the Bronco was running and when off. And while I did have an appointment with the service department scheduled, it would've been a few months of waiting to see some one, which wasn't that bad since the car was driving without issue. As you can imagine, I have lots of accessories waiting to be installed, but I didn't want the dealership to blame me for the issue so I was waiting for the service appointment. I eventually got tired of waiting and decided to try a few things and they seemed to fix the problem:

1. Get a 7mm Socket and make sure the engine-bay fuse-box is seated correctly. (Don't torque down too much; I think the bolts thread into plastic, which can break!)
2. I decided to reseat all of the BCM Fuses (210, 202, 1 and 3). Don't just push them down. Completely remove them, check that they aren't blown and reseat them. Diagram from the fuse-box is here: https://fuse-box.info/ford/ford-bronco-2021-fuses
2a. FYI the bronco is going to freak out when you remove fuse 202 ... not sure if you should disconnect the negative terminal before hand... I did not and the bronco seems fine 😅.
3. There is ALSO a fuse near the negative terminal of the battery on the wire harness. MAKE SURE THIS IS SEATED Correctly. My particular issue was that this fuse was not seated correctly.
4. Other users have reported that the same warning could either be a bad battery sensor, pinched wires under the battery, a bad wiring harness, a bad alternator, or some other yet-to-be-discovered issue.

Hope that helps (22 Outer Banks High package, non-SAS, no AUX switches)!
Sponsored