Sponsored

First Edition breaks during delivery… “Service 4x4” and “Service vehicle soon” warning messages

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Jeez dude, save some for the rest of us. Are you buying vehicles for a business fleet or something?
Ha - no, not a collection. I swap my cars out every 6-12 months as I get bored or interested in something else. As I have been a car guy my whole life, that happens frequently.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CT doesn’t have a cooling off period, and the contract had been signed. Either way, we are where we are.

If this takes an extended period of time to resolve, I will seek a buy-back for full price or a lemon buy-back
OMG!! This is serious planning! Got ulcers?

69-300

Black Diamond
First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, I paid up and bought a First Edition in Cactus Grey yesterday. During the delivery process, the dealer was reviewing the GOAT modes. When the truck attempted to shift into one of the 4x modes, it threw a “Service 4x4” error. Also says “Service vehicle soon”

Happened 10 minutes before the dealer closed and no service people were around. Drove it home and back to the dealer this morning. It barely made it there - lurching and surging the whole way.

I couldn’t be more disappointed. I bought this over a LandRover Defender due to reliability concerns. Ugh.

If they offered to cancel the deal, I’d do it in a heartbeat.
I do hope it gets resolved. I can tell you that the difference with Land Rover is that they would have you in a Loaner for a similar car and deliver the other one to your house once fixed. I have a blown 2.7, and no idea, its been over a week and nothing. When i asked corporate if they had engines, they answered they would contact the dealer to see. I said, YOU ARE FORD, if you don't know why would the dealer. So i am in waiting mode, 20-30 days and maybe a buy back or lemon.... we will see

69-300

Black Diamond
First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ha - no, not a collection. I swap my cars out every 6-12 months as I get bored or interested in something else. As I have been a car guy my whole life, that happens frequently.
That is great. I do the same, and try to keep a few around. I can tell you that having owned a wide range of cars, the Bronco is the first one to leave me stranded with a blown engine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I do hope it gets resolved. I can tell you that the difference with Land Rover is that they would have you in a Loaner for a similar car and deliver the other one to your house once fixed. I have a blown 2.7, and no idea, its been over a week and nothing. When i asked corporate if they had engines, they answered they would contact the dealer to see. I said, YOU ARE FORD, if you don't know why would the dealer. So i am in waiting mode, 20-30 days and maybe a buy back or lemon.... we will see
I know what you speak all too well - I had a Range Rover Sport that was significantly less than reliable, which is what swayed my final decision (among a few other details). Have spent lots of time in a Jaguar loaner.

Smindustries

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various cars, tractors, and boats
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife's 2.7 experienced the same issues last week at 2,900 miles. The dealer picked it up and I haven't heard anything yet, but I'm certain there's an issue inside the transfer case.

There's a grittiness to the 4A mode the feels like the lash wasn't set right and now some teeth have suffered the consequences.

It'll be fun to see how long it takes to repair. It wouldn't be the first vehicle I've lemoned.

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Update - they delivered my truck to me last night. The service I’ve received during this issue has been great overall, honestly. The dealership, my salesman and the service staff have all been excellent.

Diagnosis was a bad 4x4 module and potentially the transfer case. Both were replaced. They brought me the truck last night (in 10 degree weather) and I had it out for a bit today. Seems to be fine. Hope it stays that way.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Update - they delivered my truck to me last night. The service I’ve received during this issue has been great overall, honestly. The dealership, my salesman and the service staff have all been excellent.

Diagnosis was a bad 4x4 module and potentially the transfer case. Both were replaced. They brought me the truck last night (in 10 degree weather) and I had it out for a bit today. Seems to be fine. Hope it stays that way.
Wow, that was nice dealer service. Glad to see they had the proper parts in stock to correct the issue so quick. I've had mine since October, and it's awesome. Enjoy!!

Sponsored

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All is good now. No more problems till you are in the middle of no where with no cell service on a Saturday night,,, LOL Enjoy. People are paying an ADM of $30K+ here in So Cal for your rig.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That's a lightning quick turnaround on a transfer case replacement. Glad they got it sorted for you!

Dmesser92

Big Bend
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 DLX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I agree with the others. If you love the Bronco let the dealer attempt to fix it and see how it goes. If this has shaken your faith in the Bronco, you can easily sell it for a profit right now. First Editions are going for crazy money.
Sponsored