Sponsored

First Edition breaks during delivery… “Service 4x4” and “Service vehicle soon” warning messages

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don’t think you should have driven it. Probably didn’t hurt anything but but you could have canceled the deal right there. You may still be able to cancel it. I believe most states give you a set time period to cancel.
CT doesn’t have a cooling off period, and the contract had been signed. Either way, we are where we are.

If this takes an extended period of time to resolve, I will seek a buy-back for full price or a lemon buy-back
Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
CT doesn’t have a cooling off period, and the contract had been signed. Either way, we are where we are.

If this takes an extended period of time to resolve, I will seek a buy-back for full price or a lemon buy-back
I think there is a 3 day 'cooling off' clause in CT for new car purchases. I know there is for many other types of contracts.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Understood.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think you should have driven it. Probably didn’t hurt anything but but you could have canceled the deal right there. You may still be able to cancel it. I believe most states give you a set time period to cancel.
While I have no doubt you believe it, it is not true for contracts other than door to door sales in most or all States, timeshares in most States, couple other exceptions depending on the State that don't include going to a dealer and buying a car. It is a very common old wives tale that gets repeated enough that people believe it without question.

I doubt even the more crazy States have a vehicle contract escape period, most assuredly though, it is not 'most', one or two at the upper end, if any at all.

Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks, that looks pretty official, you learn something everyday. Good luck, what part of the state are you in? I'm hoping to pick up my Bronco soon but all these quality issues are getting me a little concerned.
I’m down in Stamford.

I think the car suffers from some new car issues, but I don’t think it’s any worse than any other car. My diesel Gladiator had EGR issues when I first got it, just not within 10 minutes of ownership.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m down in Stamford.

I think the car suffers from some new car issues, but I don’t think it’s any worse than any other car. My diesel Gladiator had EGR issues when I first got it, just not within 10 minutes of ownership.
Yeah, I think it's a little more frustrating now because of parts shortages and long waits for the delivery. Good luck, I hope you enjoy your new Bronco. The dealer in Norwalk has a FE listed for sale?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My $.02. Betting it's the transfer case shift motor or software. While checking out GOAT modes it shifted into 4x4 and due to bad part or software did not shift out. This would explain "lurching" etc on the return drive from drivetrain bind.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My $.02. Betting it's the transfer case shift motor or software. While checking out GOAT modes it shifted into 4x4 and due to bad part or software did not shift out. This would explain "lurching" etc on the return drive from drivetrain bind.
My bet is most of the gremlin warning light problems people are experiencing is loose connections or bad chips, not mechanical. There seem to be a lot of loose fittings, ground wires, cable ties, fuse trays, etc. reported. Not sure if the problem is robots needing calibration, or people missing steps trying to keep pace because they are unfamiliar with the job.

If mine ever gets scheduled, I am going to be spending the first few weeks crawling around checking everything.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow- It's your first new car? Welcome to reality- and warranty
I hope you’re question is directed at someone else?

it’s my 63rd new car. One I paid a significant premium to have now vs wait a year for. If they can’t provide that to me within the appropriate time period, then per the law they will be returning my funds.

Additionally, the PDI should actually perform the “I” portion and ensure the car works before delivering to a customer.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow- It's your first new car? Welcome to reality- and warranty
What? Where did that come from, I don't think Quick said it was his first new vehicle. And even if it were, the REALITY is a new $ 60k vehicle should not crap the bed the first few days you own it. As for the warranty, what good is a warranty if there are no parts to fix it? The guy is concerned I would be too.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, if mine's gonna fail, I hope it's during the dealer demo. Best of luck to you, and keep us appraised.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The state I reside in allows you to return a vehicle up to three days after purchase. Full refund. Hopefully your state also provides that option if you so desire to cancel the deal. Good luck.
Sponsored