Sponsored

First Edition breaks during delivery… “Service 4x4” and “Service vehicle soon” warning messages

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well, I paid up and bought a First Edition in Cactus Grey yesterday. During the delivery process, the dealer was reviewing the GOAT modes. When the truck attempted to shift into one of the 4x modes, it threw a “Service 4x4” error. Also says “Service vehicle soon”

Happened 10 minutes before the dealer closed and no service people were around. Drove it home and back to the dealer this morning. It barely made it there - lurching and surging the whole way.

I couldn’t be more disappointed. I bought this over a LandRover Defender due to reliability concerns. Ugh.

If they offered to cancel the deal, I’d do it in a heartbeat.
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That stinks. Hope you get a good resolution.

JollyFolly

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, I paid up and bought a First Edition in Cactus Grey yesterday. During the delivery process, the dealer was reviewing the GOAT modes. When the truck attempted to shift into one of the 4x modes, it threw a “Service 4x4” error. Also says “Service vehicle soon”

Happened 10 minutes before the dealer closed and no service people were around. Drove it home and back to the dealer this morning. It barely made it there - lurching and surging the whole way.

I couldn’t be more disappointed. I bought this over a LandRover Defender due to reliability concerns. Ugh.

Any update? Not sure when this happened as it was unclear in the post. Just wondering what service is saying the cause is?

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So sorry this happened to you. I'd work to get it fixed, and if you still don't like the vehicle (for whatever reason, reliability, whatnot), you can resell it, and re-coup your frustration.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They should be doing a back flip to cancel the order, since they can get high ADM to sell to someone else. Sorry for your problem, but maybe just hang in there - it'll get fixed.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Any update? Not sure when this happened as it was unclear in the post. Just wondering what service is saying the cause is?
Considering that you are posting minutes after the OP, maybe they got a snack or went to the bathroom to cry?

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As long as the dealer is taking care of it I wouldn't worry too much. Yeah it's frustrating. But every single manufactured product has it's share of issues and failures.

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Delivery at 5pm on 1/13, error showed up at 5:52pm roughly, it’s back in service this morning (1/14). Hopefully I’ll hear something later today.

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They should be doing a back flip to cancel the order, since they can get high ADM to sell to someone else. Sorry for your problem, but maybe just hang in there - it'll get fixed.
I’m the moron that paid the high ADM as I didn’t want to wait and my built Gladiator was killing my back.

JollyFolly

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Delivery at 5pm on 1/13, error showed up at 5:52pm roughly, it’s back in service this morning (1/14). Hopefully I’ll hear something later today.
Sorry to hear about the loss... I just lost mine to a blown engine so feeling quite a bit of your pain. Hoping it is minor, but interested to hear nonetheless.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m the moron that paid the high ADM as I didn’t want to wait and my built Gladiator was killing my back.
I wouldn't say you're a moron. You got what you wanted, and was willing to pay for it. Seriously, this'll get fixed no problem, and you'll still have a limited FE to be proud of and enjoy. It does suck right now though, I totally get it. I just picked up my rig on 1/3, and worry every day that gremlins will attack, being first model year and all.

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Update - they had the truck all day and believe it’s the transmission control module. They have Ford corporate involved as it’s such a new vehicle with a new problem. They are keeping it until Monday to do more tests to determine exact cause.

Will update more when I have more info.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update - they had the truck all day and believe it’s the transmission control module. They have Ford corporate involved as it’s such a new vehicle with a new problem. They are keeping it until Monday to do more tests to determine exact cause.

Will update more when I have more info.
Sounds like it put you in limp mode by the way you described your return drive.

seems like I remember someone else on B6G had this same problem and it was an easy fix

here ya go

check to make sure your fuse box is tightened down, and body control module is connected behind glove box

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...“check-4x4”-“drive-mode-not-available”.31427/

Last edited:

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I don’t think you should have driven it. Probably didn’t hurt anything but but you could have canceled the deal right there. You may still be able to cancel it. I believe most states give you a set time period to cancel.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not a moron, but I do like how you step into it and own it. My dealer's allocations are hurting my chances of getting built so I've started looking around. Good luck with getting it back on the road.
Sponsored