Sponsored

6 Speaker (Sub Delete) vs 7 Speaker (24MY)

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So in my research I saw that Ford had issues with audio suppliers and thus had to make a Sub Delete package the default for 23MY.

" This option code will automatically be added to affected vehicles. Vehicles with this option will be produced with 6-speakers; however, they will be equipped with a non-functional amplifier that does not support subwoofer functionality. The vehicle will not retrofit. "

When I ordered my 24MY BD, the only option was a 7 speaker system including subwoofer. Does this mean that it comes with a functioning amp as well? Does this system sound better than the 6 speaker sub delete option? Is the amp actually "functioning"?

Love my good sounding systems, but I have only every ordered cars with upgraded audio or had Best Buy install new speakers.

Just trying to know what I am getting into here. The only electrical work I feel comfortable doing would be plug and play and not having to do any additional wiring myself
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As of today, all 2024MY Broncos with the base audio system will have the 7-speaker system with the functioning subwoofer.

That could always change, Ford did leave the option code in the ordering system for the 6-speaker system, so if they run into supply constraints, they may force people back to the 6-speaker system and give them a credit instead. BUT, we'll see how it goes.

Navyicman

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As I have the subwoofer delete version, I cannot attest to how it would sound, but you will receive a functioning amp and subwoofer in the MY24 Broncos.
As far as will not retrofit, that's bs and just a cop out for Ford to not supply replacement parts for already delivered MY23s that got the subdelete "option". Most of us have already made the system work on our own for typically less than the discount of $250.00

OP
OP
BigBlue7

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As of today, all 2024MY Broncos with the base audio system will have the 7-speaker system with the functioning subwoofer.

That could always change, Ford did leave the option code in the ordering system for the 6-speaker system, so if they run into supply constraints, they may force people back to the 6-speaker system and give them a credit instead. BUT, we'll see how it goes.
Is one of the reasons that people seem to bash the Bronco stock audio system due to the amp/sub delete? Should I be better experience overall if I get the 7 speaker system as ordered or should I still look at aftermarket plug and play options for most/all of the speakers?

I already started reading all of your speaker threads and watched a few videos!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is one of the reasons that people seem to bash the Bronco stock audio system due to the amp/sub delete? Should I be better experience overall if I get the 7 speaker system as ordered or should I still look at aftermarket plug and play options for most/all of the speakers?

I already started reading all of your speaker threads and watched a few videos!
To be frank the stock audio system is not great regardless of what audio system you get. Even the B&O premium audio system is lackluster compared to most premium audio systems.

The big issue is that the Bronco has removable doors. By having the removable doors, they took away the best spot to install larger speakers. The next best spot would be the roof... but the roof is also removable. And the "halo" that Ford designed, which is fricken awesome for the open-air experience, didn't leave enough room for speakers. So... what's left is a bunch of subpar options.

BUT, is the 7 speaker with the subwoofer better than the 6-speaker?? Absolutely.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BigBlue7

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To be frank the stock audio system is not great regardless of what audio system you get. Even the B&O premium audio system is lackluster compared to most premium audio systems.

The big issue is that the Bronco has removable doors. By having the removable doors, they took away the best spot to install larger speakers. The next best spot would be the roof... but the roof is also removable. And the "halo" that Ford designed, which is fricken awesome for the open-air experience, didn't leave enough room for speakers. So... what's left is a bunch of subpar options.

BUT, is the 7 speaker with the subwoofer better than the 6-speaker?? Absolutely.
Thank you for your insight, sir. Best for me to wait 4-8 months until I get my BD so I can hear it in person before deciding what to do.

Necronomicon

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Think it'll be 4 to 8 months for orders? I wanna get ezcited for my24 order but trying not to expect much.
Thank you for your insight, sir. Best for me to wait 4-8 months until I get my BD so I can hear it in person before deciding what to do

OP
OP
BigBlue7

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Think it'll be 4 to 8 months for orders? I wanna get ezcited for my24 order but trying not to expect much.
I am in the "hope for the best, but expect the worst" camp.

My dealership guys seemed pretty optimistic that it would be on the shorter end of things, but I don't want to get my hopes up

beardymcstash

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 Bronco 4dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for your insight, sir. Best for me to wait 4-8 months until I get my BD so I can hear it in person before deciding what to do.
i'm in a similar boat as you. the window sticker for my '23 BD order shows that i might be lucky and have the actual 7spkr and sub, and really only want to do plug and play speaker swaps if possible and hopefully the supplied sub is sufficient for me.

here is my thread asking folks what they thought about the factory sub if you are curious for any more info.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-7-speaker-w-sub-experience.79658/

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
I installed a factory sub from a 23MY into my 23MY with the delete. I find it to be plenty good enough for what I listen to (mostly electronic genres).

Sponsored

Catbird1963

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD and 2012 Audi A5 Cabrio
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually getting the MY23 with the $250 credit was a blessing in disguise. Went the route of a lot of people and bought the Fusion Amp with the 6.75" Kicker sub. Combined with the 6.75" Kicker upgrade in the pods (+4" Kicker in front panel) and new FORScan settings I think it sounds pretty solid. FAR cry from factory which is an abomination. Kudos to @RagnarKon for helping me out with stuff along the way. Dude's awesome and a tremendous resource. Cheers Brian

McBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97Wrangler(sold21)/02Avalanche/08Mustang/17Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually getting the MY23 with the $250 credit was a blessing in disguise. Went the route of a lot of people and bought the Fusion Amp with the 6.75" Kicker sub. Combined with the 6.75" Kicker upgrade in the pods (+4" Kicker in front panel) and new FORScan settings I think it sounds pretty solid. FAR cry from factory which is an abomination. Kudos to @RagnarKon for helping me out with stuff along the way. Dude's awesome and a tremendous resource. Cheers Brian
I'm sure I could try to search for it, but is there a thread with more detail on this?

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs