Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wasn't aware - Where are you guys going? Do you have a link to any details? Thanks!
Heading up West Harrison. Meet up behind Sasquatch Inn at 9am. @BVan604 made a FB group, check it out: BC 6th Gen Broncos
Sponsored

BVan604

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

TTT

Wildtrak
First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rear Chase Lights:

I recently had installed a pair of amber chase lights. For this, I used the Baja Designs S1 Black LED Auxiliary Light Pod Pair (Amber - Wide Cornering) Chase Lights (Baja Designs Part # 387815) with a 12V GS-100C Flashing Module (From DZS ELEC). Big thank you to @Carbon Bronco for the module info to get the strobe feature I was looking for.

Below are some pictures of the setup, concealed behind the spare tire. No special bracket was needed, as the ones that came with the lights worked great. Very happy with how this turned out - Subtle, bright as heck, and a little more secure being behind a spare tire with a wheel lock.

Any questions, please ask away!

P.s. - I swear my build journal is not sponsored by @Baja Designs :ROFLMAO:

IMG_1058.jpeg

IMG_1059.jpeg

any pictures of this setup without the wheel,, im curious how did you mount them, thanks ! this is by far the best option for my needs good job man !

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

any pictures of this setup without the wheel,, im curious how did you mount them, thanks ! this is by far the best option for my needs good job man !
I am considering flipping the lens covers on the LED pods so it's facing the right direction. When I do that, I'll try to remember to take some pictures to share. Ultimately it's just the bracket that came with the LED pods, bolted to the spare tire carrier. Nothing new was fabricated. Worked well!

TTT

Wildtrak
First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am considering flipping the lens covers on the LED pods so it's facing the right direction. When I do that, I'll try to remember to take some pictures to share. Ultimately it's just the bracket that came with the LED pods, bolted to the spare tire carrier. Nothing new was fabricated. Worked well!
sorry for keep asking but which one is it? ive seen different ones, but not sure which one did you use

thanks !

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sorry for keep asking but which one is it? ive seen different ones, but not sure which one did you use

thanks !
Which light is it? I thought I was pretty clear in my write up above, lol...

Baja Designs S1 Black LED Auxiliary Light Pod Pair (Amber - Wide Cornering)

TTT

Wildtrak
First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Which light is it? I thought I was pretty clear in my write up above, lol...

Baja Designs S1 Black LED Auxiliary Light Pod Pair (Amber - Wide Cornering)
im sorry, wrong question, i know the lights are S1, but the bracket, did you use this bracket, or it was a different one. i was meaning the bracket
Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal kit.JPG

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

im sorry, wrong question, i know the lights are S1, but the bracket, did you use this bracket, or it was a different one. i was meaning the bracket
Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal kit.JPG
Oh sorry - I didn't order this kit, I simply ordered the pair of the lights themselves:

Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 2.21.56 PM

TTT

Wildtrak
First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

so to have them there did you drill holes into the oem base? im not sure where are this attached to the base.

thanks for the clarification
Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal AEE3591A-A891-48E0-AC53-FD0922F1C78E

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so to have them there did you drill holes into the oem base? im not sure where are this attached to the base.

thanks for the clarification
Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal AEE3591A-A891-48E0-AC53-FD0922F1C78E
I'll have some time tonight. I'll pop off the spare tire and share some pictures for you.

• Love
Reactions: TTT

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll have some time tonight. I'll pop off the spare tire and share some pictures for you.
I had a few minutes now so here you go. Yes, a hole needed to be drilled on each side.

Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal IMG_1118

Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal IMG_1119

Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal IMG_1120

TTT

Wildtrak
First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

this is Genius ! thank you so much i know removing the wheel is a pain in the ass, but you did it ! i owe you one !

If you are a big gamer, I can hook you up with the game work on " Call of duty Modern warfare II"

as a big thanks

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this is Genius ! thank you so much i know removing the wheel is a pain in the ass, but you did it ! i owe you one !

If you are a big gamer, I can hook you up with the game work on " Call of duty Modern warfare II"

as a big thanks
It's good practise removing the spare tire in the comfort of my garage vs. on the side of the road, so it's no problem. The questions and amount of help folks have given me on B6G, this is the least I could do.

Thanks for the offer, but I have Modern Warfare and rarely play it as it is lol.

Best of luck with your light setup - I'm very happy with mine!

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rock Sliders with Top Plates (From GOAT Fab):

So I recently removed my Gatorback mud flaps - I still have them in my garage, and I truly think they are the best looking mud flap option on the market. They have held up well for the 20,000 km or so they were on my truck, and protected it very well. Ultimately though I prefer the look of no mud flaps, and regaining the ground clearance.

That being said, I still wanted something to protect my doors from rock chips, as well as find a step for my wife to get in and out of my truck easier. I looked at many different options, from LineX spraying my rocker panels to PPF to steps that mounted to my OEM rock rails, and everything in-between. Then a bunch of you mentioned how great @GoatFab is, so I checked out their options. After much back and forth on which one to choose (I'm a bit in-decisive), I went with the rock sliders with top plates (powder coated).

First off, a shout out to @GoatFab - I have zero affiliation with them, but they are AWESOME! Not only did he answer my DM's, but he was gracious enough to look at some options to work with me. As you know, I live in Canada (just a friendly reminder for @Tricky Dick in case he forgot), and shipping from the USA is super expensive. At the end of the day I was very happy with efforts to work with me on this.

When the item showed up, it was very well packaged. One end was slightly opened, but that was due to the FedEx driver likely dragging it from his truck to my garage door. Inside was totally fine, and everything was safe and well wrapped. Once I unboxed it all, I laid out the hardware for the rock sliders and pinch weld cover. Uh oh - I was missing one of the bolts for the rock rails - NOOOOOO!!! I DM'd @GoatFab and he actually called me within 5 minutes - First to explain how to install the pinch weld cover and rock rails (I'm not very handy and wanted to ensure I was doing it right, as I was installing this alone) and he also mentioned he would mail me out a new bolt right away the next morning. However, upon installing my pinch weld covers, I glanced on the road way and saw the missing bolt! It has slid out of the box, likely when the FedEx driver was delivering the item. Issue resolved! But their customer service is top notch, and that alone goes a long way with me.

For the install, I first attached the pitch weld covers. Super easy, but one thing I screwed up on was installing them upside down. The holes are drilled slightly to one side of the cover, so you want to make sure the holes are on the "bottom" of the cover, closest to the ground. You'll see what I mean when you install it. If you do it backwards, the cover hangs slightly below the pinch weld. Also, you need to remove the two painted bolts (per side) from the front of the vehicle. This was a bit of a pain as it has a thick layer of paint on it. It's a 10 mm socket to do, and you may need to scrape away a bit of paint for it to come off. Reuse these washers with the new bolts that come with the cover, and you're good to go. I ended up having a few black washers from my mud flaps that worked, so I used those instead.

Once the pinch weld cover was on both sides, I installed the rock rails. Well... These are heavy as heck, and I was doing it myself. One quick win that saved my ass: Get two 5 gallon buckets - You can get these at most hardware stores, and you likely have one or two for washing your vehicles already. I placed these buckets under my truck on each end, placed a thick piece of cardboard on that, and then placed the rock rail on top of it It brought it up just under where it mounts, and if you have the brackets of the rock rail sitting inside the bucket, you have the ability to roll and turn it at the angle you need. Lifesaver! Crawled under the truck and used one arm to push the rock rail into place at the right angle, and attached a couple bolts loosely to hold it in place. The rest is straight forward. Do not tighten everything until the end.

I'm extremely happy with the build quality, customer service, and how quickly these arrived at my house. I'm hoping they offer the door protection I'm looking for from rocks, the accessibility for my wife, and just the overall protection of the vehicle - Plus they look bad ass. I love the look of my Bronco even more now, especially with the mud flaps off and these bad boys installed!

I've posted some pictures below of them installed, as well as a side-by-side picture of the GOAT Fab vs. OEM rock rails that came with the Bronco.

Side-by-side GOAT Fab vs. OEM rock rails:

Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal IMG_1658

Front Bracket:

Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal IMG_1674

Middle Bracket:

Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal IMG_1676

Rear Bracket:

Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal IMG_1675

Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal IMG_1677

Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal IMG_1678

Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal IMG_1680

Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal IMG_1681

Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal IMG_1682

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Rock Sliders with Top Plates (From GOAT Fab):

So I recently removed my Gatorback mud flaps - I still have them in my garage, and I truly think they are the best looking mud flap option on the market. They have held up well for the 20,000 km or so they were on my truck, and protected it very well. Ultimately though I prefer the look of no mud flaps, and regaining the ground clearance.

That being said, I still wanted something to protect my doors from rock chips, as well as find a step for my wife to get in and out of my truck easier. I looked at many different options, from LineX spraying my rocker panels to PPF to steps that mounted to my OEM rock rails, and everything in-between. Then a bunch of you mentioned how great @GoatFab is, so I checked out their options. After much back and forth on which one to choose (I'm a bit in-decisive), I went with the rock sliders with top plates (powder coated).

First off, a shout out to @GoatFab - I have zero affiliation with them, but they are AWESOME! Not only did he answer my DM's, but he was gracious enough to look at some options to work with me. As you know, I live in Canada (just a friendly reminder for @Tricky Dick in case he forgot), and shipping from the USA is super expensive. At the end of the day I was very happy with efforts to work with me on this.

When the item showed up, it was very well packaged. One end was slightly opened, but that was due to the FedEx driver likely dragging it from his truck to my garage door. Inside was totally fine, and everything was safe and well wrapped. Once I unboxed it all, I laid out the hardware for the rock sliders and pinch weld cover. Uh oh - I was missing one of the bolts for the rock rails - NOOOOOO!!! I DM'd @GoatFab and he actually called me within 5 minutes - First to explain how to install the pinch weld cover and rock rails (I'm not very handy and wanted to ensure I was doing it right, as I was installing this alone) and he also mentioned he would mail me out a new bolt right away the next morning. However, upon installing my pinch weld covers, I glanced on the road way and saw the missing bolt! It has slid out of the box, likely when the FedEx driver was delivering the item. Issue resolved! But their customer service is top notch, and that alone goes a long way with me.

For the install, I first attached the pitch weld covers. Super easy, but one thing I screwed up on was installing them upside down. The holes are drilled slightly to one side of the cover, so you want to make sure the holes are on the "bottom" of the cover, closest to the ground. You'll see what I mean when you install it. If you do it backwards, the cover hangs slightly below the pinch weld. Also, you need to remove the two painted bolts (per side) from the front of the vehicle. This was a bit of a pain as it has a thick layer of paint on it. It's a 10 mm socket to do, and you may need to scrape away a bit of paint for it to come off. Reuse these washers with the new bolts that come with the cover, and you're good to go. I ended up having a few black washers from my mud flaps that worked, so I used those instead.

Once the pinch weld cover was on both sides, I installed the rock rails. Well... These are heavy as heck, and I was doing it myself. One quick win that saved my ass: Get two 5 gallon buckets - You can get these at most hardware stores, and you likely have one or two for washing your vehicles already. I placed these buckets under my truck on each end, placed a thick piece of cardboard on that, and then placed the rock rail on top of it It brought it up just under where it mounts, and if you have the brackets of the rock rail sitting inside the bucket, you have the ability to roll and turn it at the angle you need. Lifesaver! Crawled under the truck and used one arm to push the rock rail into place at the right angle, and attached a couple bolts loosely to hold it in place. The rest is straight forward. Do not tighten everything until the end.

I'm extremely happy with the build quality, customer service, and how quickly these arrived at my house. I'm hoping they offer the door protection I'm looking for from rocks, the accessibility for my wife, and just the overall protection of the vehicle - Plus they look bad ass. I love the look of my Bronco even more now, especially with the mud flaps off and these bad boys installed!

I've posted some pictures below of them installed, as well as a side-by-side picture of the GOAT Fab vs. OEM rock rails that came with the Bronco.

Side-by-side GOAT Fab vs. OEM rock rails:

Front Bracket:

Middle Bracket:

Rear Bracket:

I'd give you a hand!

Also, what's a "km"?

They look great and kudos for doing the install yourself without any friends and/or trained moose to help you or at least drink your beer while watching.
Sponsored