First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 bronco, 06 ram 3500, 2011 fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I have a 21 without the factory tow package it was not available to me if I wanted the 21, I purchased and had Ford install the correct brake controller but they would not (didn't know how to) install the remaining wiring to the 7 pin outlet. I purchased and installed the flat 4 pin, then the 7 round pin kit from E-trailer ran the 12v charging and 12v brake wire to the front as directed. When I pulled my glove box to access my brake controller for connections it was already plugged into the vehicles wiring harness the wires on this harness appear to be the charging, brake signal, brake power to trailer and ground. I have talked to no less then 5 dealers, Ford customer support who says I have to deal with a dealer nobody knows where these wires terminate or if I can just unplug the harness and direct connect. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. I have also tried two local trailer specialty shops.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wiring harness for the brake controller is connected to another harness that runs to the driver side kick panel and is terminated behind the kick panel with a 68-pin connector. From there is heads out into the engine bay where it joins another connector, which in turn leads to a wiring harness that runs under the vehicle to the transfer case, transmission, etc.

Truthfully it would be easier to run your own cable.

Last edited: