Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice. Just looked up this part and saw it’s $1000! Is it worth it? What are you getting with the part that stock doesn’t offer? Thanks!
I know you're not asking me, but I bought the 74weld Stage 1 as well:

Once you hold that aluminum meteorite in your hand, you will know it's worth it.

I'm probably 2yrs away from portals and 38-40" tires and will go Stage 3 then. This is security for the stock rack when upgrading to Icon tie rods and wheeling.

OP
OP
bkfit

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last edited:
OP
OP
bkfit

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know you're not asking me, but I bought the 74weld Stage 1 as well:

Once you hold that aluminum meteorite in your hand, you will know it's worth it.

I'm probably 2yrs away from portals and 38-40" tires and will go Stage 3 then. This is security for the stock rack when upgrading to Icon tie rods and wheeling.
Yes Sir. Tank.

OP
OP
bkfit

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice. Just looked up this part and saw it’s $1000! Is it worth it? What are you getting with the part that stock doesn’t offer? Thanks!
Absolutely I’d rather be proactive than reactive in the middle of nowhere with a broken down rig. I’d highly suggest, taking a look at them stage 1, 2 or three definitely value added, for Hoss 2.0 as well as 3.0. Not to mention with a lift 37s and icon tie rods. I don’t wanna be the richest person in the graveyard.😂

Sponsored
OP
OP
bkfit

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, not sure the purpose of that piece 🤷‍♂️, but for me it's no longer there as it decided to jettison while working on something some time ago. Doesn't seem to be missed though I do stumble across it every now & then in the garage :sneaky:
That’s funny, did the same. Snapped it off.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing there is a nice vid from 74 weld doing a build of the whole stage 3. takes a lot of the mystery out of the assembly.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No pretty smooth, only real issue was that random piece of plastic passenger side made it difficult to slide on and off. And putting back on the 37s was a good workout.
IMG_1135.jpeg
Very Badass Install man! I’ve been targeting the entire rack from 74Weld, but in maybe 3 years, as it’s roughly $5K, but worth it if running 37s and if ever planning to hit the rocks or someplace gnarly like Windrock.

You’ve got me thinking of this stage 1 so I can beef up my tie rods until ready to go full tilt.

Love all the pics and I’m saving this thread as a reference.

Hells Yeah! 🍻 For you If we ever wheel at some point.

Sponsored

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice write up, one of the best mods you can do to the Bronco. I went with stage 2, but think it’s an over kill for most owners unless you plan on a lot of rocks. Even then have never seen a failure on any upgraded racks yet.

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sweet!! It’s a good time. Happy hunting.
Approximately how long did it take you and how soon after install did you get an alignment?

OP
OP
bkfit

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very Badass Install man! I’ve been targeting the entire rack from 74Weld, but in maybe 3 years, as it’s roughly $5K, but worth it if running 37s and if ever planning to hit the rocks or someplace gnarly like Windrock.

You’ve got me thinking of this stage 1 so I can beef up my tie rods until ready to go full tilt.

Love all the pics and I’m saving this thread as a reference.

Hells Yeah! 🍻 For you If we ever wheel at some point.
For sure 🤙🏽. I was gonna do full rack, but thats way over kill for me. I don’t do much rocks 🪨, mainly trails overland up here in the Great Lakes . My bushing & case was iin good condition no mutilation. I was surprised I’ve been pretty rough on her since November 2021.

OP
OP
bkfit

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That random piece of plastic looks like one of the guides meant to direct either oil or coolant into the drain pan when changing fluids.

I thought the rack had to be dropped when installing the 74Weld kit? How difficult was it with the rack left in place?
Super easy. Jack up vehicle. Remove front tires loosen up tie rods with the big ass wrench. Remove tie rods. Wait check that loosen up tie rod to knuckle on both sides. Remove tie rod. Remove bushing from driver side Remove passenger rack , fastener, loosen driver do not remove. Rack will drop down a little allowing you to access the seven hex fasteners. I think they were 30. Remove fasteners. Break free box. Remove bushing from old to new apply gasket maker, inserts retorque fasteners. Lift up rack , place passenger large fastner through rack, torque down, torque down driver fastner to the rack. Thread on tie rods, torque down tie rods. Place clamp of your choice on Ti rod to rack. Fasten tie rod to knuckle. Verify alignment.
Watch vid instruction probably easier then my voice to text work instructions. 😂

OP
OP
bkfit

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model