JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's nice, I was thinking of getting one with orange stitching to complete this:

nice. Looking at the site now. Is the stitching in the seats orange or is it millennium yellow? They have both on the site and I want to match the stitching in seats as close as I can.

PXL_20221030_203707124.jpg
Sponsored

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Love my m/t. The tranny will sometimes stutter in 1st gear, I'll try to counter by up shifting as soon as I can. Doesn't happen often. Otherwise it's a great truck to drive.

Hey and check this out - yesterday I replaced the vinyl OEM shift boot with a leather boot from Redline Goods. No practical purpose, IMO the OEM vinyl boot looks like crap. I selected black leather with stone thread (I have a BB with Sandstone interior):

9FE1F7A5-04A8-4911-936D-18D5C8E13005.jpeg
Others people have complained about that random loss of power studder in 1st. Has only happened once to me.

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I only have 250 miles so far, but I haven’t experience any stutter and only slight noise so far. Needed a little getting used to the clutch as I have been driving my 72’ for last six months. Got in it the 72’ for pictures Monday and thought the clutch had went out, it was so different then the 22’.

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had the transmission shudder, and it's not operator error. I've been driving a 4 speed/ now 5 speed 65 Mustang for years, and know the difference between bad shifting, and a transmission doing funny things.

It's happened to me a couple times, and it's only been on cold days when I first get in. I think it's a computer thing more than mechanical.

I've also heard the "grinding" noise when in reverse, which has only happened on really cold days, and when I back up first thing in the morning.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I only have 250 miles so far, but I haven’t experience any stutter and only slight noise so far. Needed a little getting used to the clutch as I have been driving my 72’ for last six months. Got in it the 72’ for pictures Monday and thought the clutch had went out, it was so different then the 22’.
Yea it is a slight learning curve for sure.

How do you quantify the difference vs others?

For me
2 likes a slower release than others I've driven, others once youre rolling it's pop 2, pop 3 ,pop 4... Bronco doesn't like to be popped below 30 or it's a little bouncy. ECO goes a long way in smoothing this out.

Clutch has narrow release zone and it's high. Bigger move from floor to active zone.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
35's and 4.70 gears, I find it is working pretty well. I haven't driven it in low yet. Going 60 and needing to pass someone, I'll find myself dropping to 3rd to get it moving fast enough for a quick pass.

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea it is a slight learning curve for sure.

How do you quantify the difference vs others?

For me
2 likes a slower release than others I've driven, others once youre rolling it's pop 2, pop 3 ,pop 4... Bronco doesn't like to be popped below 30 or it's a little bouncy. ECO goes a long way in smoothing this out.

Clutch has narrow release zone and it's high. Bigger move from floor to active zone.
My 72’ is the only manual I’ve driven in many years, so I can’t speak to other late models. When it catches it goes where my 72 you come almost all way out and of course you have to feather the gas. 1st and second are really short, pulling out in traffic is new to me. I haven’t passed anyone yet, other than the interstate and I would downshift to 5th and had plenty of power.I used 6th more than I thought I would. Haven’t really got on it yet, trying to let it break in. Not complaining, I really like it.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
35's and 4.70 gears, I find it is working pretty well. I haven't driven it in low yet. Going 60 and needing to pass someone, I'll find myself dropping to 3rd to get it moving fast enough for a quick pass.
I just roll into the throttle in fifth.

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just roll into the throttle in fifth.
On a highway that would work. I can bump the cruise control up 2 mph and overtake someone. But on a 2 lane road and I need to get around one or two cars in the current passing zone, there is a benefit to dropping down to 3rd. That puts me in the top of the torque band for the 4cylinder which gives time for the turbo to start moving things along allowing me to essentially leap past the cars.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On a highway that would work. I can bump the cruise control up 2 mph and overtake someone. But on a 2 lane road and I need to get around one or two cars in the current passing zone, there is a benefit to dropping down to 3rd. That puts me in the top of the torque band for the 4cylinder which gives time for the turbo to start moving things along allowing me to essentially leap past the cars.
Yeah definitely needs down shift to get acceleration when you need it at fast speed.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My 72’ is the only manual I’ve driven in many years, so I can’t speak to other late models. When it catches it goes where my 72 you come almost all way out and of course you have to feather the gas. 1st and second are really short, pulling out in traffic is new to me. I haven’t passed anyone yet, other than the interstate and I would downshift to 5th and had plenty of power.I used 6th more than I thought I would. Haven’t really got on it yet, trying to let it break in. Not complaining, I really like it.
Yea no complaints just a learning curve. I've driven tons of different sticks, from sports cars, trucks to front end loads, flat beds it's very different. If you need a acceleration quick at highway speeds you definitely need to drop into 4. Often I skip 5 right to 6 getting on highway cause 4 can quickly get me up to 65-70. 2 is the turning gear. All my turns in 2. 2 you can wind out a little more but yeah both a short. 4 is by far the most versatile and fun.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yea no complaints just a learning curve. I've driven tons of different sticks, from sports cars, trucks to front end loads, flat beds it's very different. If you need a acceleration quick at highway speeds you definitely need to drop into 4. Often I skip 5 right to 6 getting on highway cause 4 can quickly get me up to 65-70. 2 is the turning gear. All my turns in 2. 2 you can wind out a little more but yeah both a short. 4 is by far the most versatile and fun.
Sounds like we have very similar driving habits. I think I can count on one hand how many times I’ve used 6th in 20k miles.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I do similar, often skipping 5th depending on the length of the ramp, as well as the current weather. Again this all depends on your gearing.
Sponsored