David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone or can any owner that just took delivery of a manual transmission Bronco confirm whether or not a shift light exists?
Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Has anyone or can any owner that just took delivery of a manual transmission Bronco confirm whether or not a shift light exists?
If you need a shift light maybe a manual isn’t for you. I don’t want to see any dash lights coming on out of the corner of my eye.

MostHumblest

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
FWIW, the owner manual doesn't call out shift light in the symbols section or the manual transmission section.

Hopefully I'll be able to confirm it in the next couple of weeks!

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's there - as someone pointed out before - for emissions testing. That way different drivers can hop in and you still have a repeatable / replicable test.

It'll be an up or down arrow with the number of the suggested gear next to it. It's pretty small and inoffensive.

Antimatter06

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 6-speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No shift light indicator in my Gladiator. Just wind that pentastar up, it needs to be wound, then kick it into the next gear.

Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you need a shift light maybe a manual isn’t for you. I don’t want to see any dash lights coming on out of the corner of my eye.
My daily driver has a manual transmission so I’m plenty capable, I am just curious. Thanks for you informative reply.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My daily driver has a manual transmission so I’m plenty capable, I am just curious. Thanks for you informative reply.
That wasn’t meant as a personal attack, just saying if someone NEEDS one they might be better off with an automatic

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There’s no shift light. The gear is displayed digitally along with a vertical tachometer, but both are pretty small. The engine is also whisper quiet and the transmission is super smooth compared to my Mustang. I prefer the noise of the engine and the feel of the synchros though to know when to shift and what gear I’m in. The gear shifter is also tilted toward the rear of the vehicle, which I don’t love. I’ve been trying to figure out how to get rid of the duplicate digital speedometer to make more room for the tach, but I haven’t figured anything out yet. I feel like they took a step backward from the highly customizable 12” digital display in the Mustang.
Sponsored