First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak | 2-Door | Lux
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just finished a quick drive, as soon as I left my house it said 25 mph, before I had even seen a speed limit sign. I then drove past eight 35 mph speed limit signs, with no change in the speed limit display. The drive home was exactly the same except with five 35mph signs. If it truly is the camera reading the sign, that is completely unacceptable.

Looking through the manual, I saw a note about the rain sensor for the wipers. I didn’t think the bronco had a rain sensor, so this makes me wonder if those of us with the wiper slow down issue have a bad camera, causing both issues? But then, the speed limit does seem to work well on main roads, which really makes me think it is not camera controlled even if the workshop manual says so. Having worked in the tech industry for 20 years, I can honestly say that just because the documentation says something does not make it so. ;)
I didn't even know there was a rain sensor lol. Do I need to do anything to enable it?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just finished a quick drive, as soon as I left my house it said 25 mph, before I had even seen a speed limit sign. I then drove past eight 35 mph speed limit signs, with no change in the speed limit display. The drive home was exactly the same except with five 35mph signs. If it truly is the camera reading the sign, that is completely unacceptable.

Looking through the manual, I saw a note about the rain sensor for the wipers. I didn’t think the bronco had a rain sensor, so this makes me wonder if those of us with the wiper slow down issue have a bad camera, causing both issues? But then, the speed limit does seem to work well on main roads, which really makes me think it is not camera controlled even if the workshop manual says so. Having worked in the tech industry for 20 years, I can honestly say that just because the documentation says something does not make it so. ;)
Documentation differences between the owners manual and description and operations section of a vehicle in the workshop manual are quite a bit different. One has a lot of information that usually says *If equipped, and the other is specific information about a certain vehicle for technicians.

That being said, the workshop manual has been incorrect before I’m sure, but this is how speed sign recognition works in most (if not all) Ford vehicles. So until I see some information contradicting this, I’m going to assume it works the way it’s stated by Ford (shitty or not)

OP
OP
CodyMac

CodyMac

Wildtrak
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Documentation differences between the owners manual and description and operations section of a vehicle in the workshop manual are quite a bit different. One has a lot of information that usually says *If equipped, and the other is specific information about a certain vehicle for technicians.

That being said, the workshop manual has been incorrect before I’m sure, but this is how speed sign recognition works in most (if not all) Ford vehicles. So until I see some information contradicting this, I’m going to assume it works the way it’s stated by Ford (shitty or not)
Counterpoint to this... the speed limit sign doesn't work for me when I use Waze or Google Maps. However, it works flawlessly when I use the built-in nav. It's implausible (not impossible) that using a specific mapping software would cause the camera to malfunction.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Counterpoint to this... the speed limit sign doesn't work for me when I use Waze or Google Maps. However, it works flawlessly when I use the built-in nav. It's implausible (not impossible) that using a specific mapping software would cause the camera to malfunction.
I feel like this is very plausible as it probably wasn’t designed by Ford to work seemlessly with any app other than their own navigation.

To be honest I never even pay attention to it, so I can’t really comment on how well it works, or in which situations. I was just simply sharing how Ford says it is designed to work.

OP
OP
CodyMac

CodyMac

Wildtrak
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I feel like this is very plausible as it probably wasn’t designed by Ford to work seemlessly with any app other than their own navigation.

To be honest I never even pay attention to it, so I can’t really comment on how well it works, or in which situations. I was just simply sharing how Ford says it is designed to work.
I guess my point was that a mapping tool shouldn't have anything to do with getting the speed limit from a camera, since they're all connected to data sources.

Sponsored

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello!

I have a 2dr WT w/Lux and I've noticed the little function that displays the speed limit near all of the other gauges works about 10% of the time. Anyone else experience the same?

TIA for letting me know that I'm a beta for caring about the speed limit. That kind of thing is what I come here for lol.
I use that indicator all the time and it seems very accurate on my vehicle.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All I know is that I went for a drive today and my Bronco told me the speed limit was 25 even though I passed 13 signs that said it was 35. I would rather not have it at all then have it inaccurate. And I know that I have had google maps on carplay tell me a different speed limit then the dahs indicated.

Ford needs to fire software engineers and hire steering rack engineers ;)

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hello!

I have a 2dr WT w/Lux and I've noticed the little function that displays the speed limit near all of the other gauges works about 10% of the time. Anyone else experience the same?

TIA for letting me know that I'm a beta for caring about the speed limit. That kind of thing is what I come here for lol.
You actually pay attention to that shit?

mbdlds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
NAVIGATION REMOVAL because of the chip shortage makes the speed limit display in the dash not work, so it's not just reliant on the camera.