First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Defender / 1985 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean it’s only 21mph over on most roads out west headed back to Utah. 🤷‍♂️ And if 5mph over is ok it’s only 16mph over. 😆

Some convertibles have limits. Wonder if that has something to do with it not having a fixed hard roof.
my 911 is a convertible and it doesn’t have any limits :). But is also doesn’t have any computers :)
Sponsored

OP
OP

HideoutBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Defender / 1985 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you put it in Baja mode does it remove the limiter?

Also did you have to pull over immediately due to using up all your gas?
Averaged 12-13mpg averaging high 80s for the trip

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not an average person :) and it handles way better than my defender does at 94 when it’s speed limiter kicks in.
I agree with you here. Not everyone has the same experience as others nor do they want to and therefore should keep it within safe limits at all times. Others may have a small (well not all) hobby involving High Speed Track Days, AutoXs, even performance driving schools.

I have already seen a few Youtube vids of the Bronco on the track, although they are quite funny as everyone should know the Bronco is no track car. But still good to see what it can and can't do. Good drivers learn what there car's limits are and no when not to exceed it.

Sponsored

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Speed, it's all relative, lol. Ford likes the 109 limit formula, has for years. For years I would drive my F-350 to the coast and back with the cruise set at 95mph. After removing the limiter last year, I set it at 100, with passing power to boot (got her up to 115 the other day). Drives smooth as glass on E rated treads. I'm sure the with some good tires and a reprogram the Bronco will run and handle like a champ!!

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hit 100 passing on a two lane road in Arizona this week. Some idiot didn't know what cruise control was and was drifting between 55-70 in a 65. Of course, when I went to pass, they just kept speeding up.
Be careful going over 85 in AZ. They don't mess around usually with criminal speed. I know of people being arrested for going over 85 in AZ.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford probably does this to limit lawsuit liability too.
I do live in a lawsuit happy state, but 10 years ago someone was driving a Ford van and doing 30 miles an hour over the speed limit they crashed the van and passengers died. The family sued ford and won.

vg2626

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was actually going to post about this too. That's funny, at least I'm not the only one trying to go over 101 in some cases. Where I'm at... EVERYONE.... including the cops drive around 85 on the highways sometimes 90. I'm sure once there are some tunes or ECU reprogramming available we will be able to remove that limiter.

As far as the tires go, the sasquatch tires are S rated according to Goodyear's website which would put it at 112mph.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
"My wheeliebrick won't go 125"

I've said it once I'll say it again, some of ya'll are in the wrong rig. Just get a sports car or bike 💁‍♂️

And for the record, I've had and still have fast cars and bikes. While many of us here are enthusiasts and know how to drive, the average person doesn't and really shouldn't. Fords just covering their own ass with these limiters. Tunes can remove them, just make sure you know the speed rating of your tires...

UpstateNY4x4

Badlands
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ML350, 2019 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco 101 MPH speed limiter 1633893024641
I just wanna go 0 to 100 real quick…nothing more!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
when you think you need to drive 100 mph to pass on a public roadway, it might be a good example of where human discretion and emotional self-control is more important than mechanical speed limitation.
Actually, on some two lane roads where the speed limit is 75, 100 MPH makes for a much safer pass in a relatively short passing lane. It's not the speed that's the problem, especially in otherwise perfect conditions. Passing on a two lane passing zone is almost always safest at WOT in good conditions. The less time spent in the opposite lane, in general, the less danger you are exposing yourself to. There is a difference between this and reckless driving.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco 101 MPH speed limiter 1633893024641

I was hoping for at least 120. :cool:
It's funny, my 1995 Trans Am didn't have a speed limiter (that I was aware of - 150 MPH) but the stupid cruise control wouldn't work over 120 MPH. LOL.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Speed, it's all relative, lol. Ford likes the 109 limit formula, has for years. For years I would drive my F-350 to the coast and back with the cruise set at 95mph. After removing the limiter last year, I set it at 100, with passing power to boot (got her up to 115 the other day). Drives smooth as glass on E rated treads. I'm sure the with some good tires and a reprogram the Bronco will run and handle like a champ!!
Especially out here in Texas, at under 90 MPH on I-10 in west Texas, you risk getting rear ended by Semi-Trucks. That's why I reprogrammed the top speed in my F-150 to 120. Do I run 120, no, but I have certainly hit over 100 passing on 2 lanes.

Yes, I have been through many driving schools, track days, and appreciate what stopping suddenly at speed can cause in carnage. I drive safely, and the speed I drive is typically the speed that maximizes my ability to control the passing situation and minimize speed differences between traffic both behind and in front of me. That might be 35, 65, or even 90 MPH. I also don't run broken down vehicles, worn tires, inappropriate tire pressures, etc. What I don't care about is arbitrary numbers like 100 MPH.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.