First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Defender / 1985 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's funny how many people worry about top speed. I mean if this were a Lambo or Porsche maybe, but lets be honest, Unless you live in Montana there are not many places left in the US your gonna get any car up past 90. And you take a Sasquatched Bronco over 100 your crazy. The center of gravity will be high and a rollover at 100 no matter the boron steel rollbar is gonna be fatal unless your really lucky.
When you are passing on a rural road in a short passing area you worry when it stops accelerating at 101.
Sponsored

Get In The Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I tested. 4 door 2.3 manual badlands it went 108. Had to do it to see what it is just incase I ever need it.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some people don't realize that on the Germany autobahn, the slow (suppose to be right hand lane traffic here) are typically driving 90 mph! "Most" modern cars/trucks on a freeway can easily sustain that speed. I would say your normal left lane traffic travels about 120 mph, until someone faster comes along and they promptly mover over to the right. This is of course in the unlimited speed zones. How do I know?? Because I have bought two cars in Germany and got to enjoy them for a week over there before shipping them back.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well you whipper snappers.... in my day you couldn't go over 20mph..... horse shoes were not rated for over that..... :)

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

2.7L Sasquatch two door on an open highway somewhere in Utah.

Felt solid at that speed FWIW

Sponsored

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally I don't have any reason to go over 100 mph in my Bronco. 100 in a Bronco would be pushing the boundaries! If I won't a vehicle that does 100 plus I'd buy the new GT500.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Personally I don't have any reason to go over 100 mph in my Bronco.
The speed limit is 85 mph for stretches between Vegas and the Canadian border. That’s a lot of road. And most people are doing 90 in the slow lane.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why do the American manufactures add governors? Every Chevy and Ford I have owned has had one. Yet all the foreign cars I own, nothing....

My BMW X3 was either 123 or 126mph. My Chevy Avalanche was 99mph. Lived off an exit on the autobahn for 3 years that did not have a speed limit. They ran the limit most days.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A high school friend of mine had a '95 Dodge Dakota with a 318 V8 and I had a few 2.3 pinto powered manual late 80s Mustangs. He got real animated when we were following him in his Dakota to Chicago one weekend and his truck was electronically limited to 108 and easily had twice the horsepower I was working with at the time. My Mustang was only aerodynamically limited to the 88+ hp that 4 cylinder could muster. It was more and longer.
We would later prove this out once again orbiting Indianapolis prior to the timetrials at the speedway in his '97 super coupe as a Viper dusted us while we cruised against the limiter at 155 and the Viper disappeared just as quickly as we had learned about its presence. Someone else is always going to be faster, don't be an idiot and fight physics, she's a cruel mistress.

Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My foggy recollection (Northern 465 headed west just before the big South turn at I-65) was a dark green R/T10 open targa and it was early May '98 or '99 since the car was a '97 (dark blue, last year of the Super Coupe Thunderbirds). I remember the '96 GTS was the previous pace car so R/T10s were a bit stale at the time.
Sponsored