Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have to be honest, I'm going to be a little disappointed if it's governed at ~100mph.

I have said on here a few times - My Dad got a '98 BMW Z3 when I was a Senior in HS. It had IIRC a 2.8L that really moved it - (the M had a 3.2L) - governed at 128mph. I only hit it a few times and it would almost *shut down* when you hit it, and not give you the ability to hit the gas more until it dropped below 100mph. I remember reading the M could hit 13Xmph (I don't remember, let's call it 135, something like that.)

It's not that I plan on racing the Bronco at top speed all that much, 100mph governing sucks IMHO. You just never know when you might need to go fast. I mean you could have a hot chic sitting shotgun that wants to be impressed, these things happen...
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just curious, to the folks that are unhappy a Bronco can't run much more than low triple digits; How many feet do you think it takes a Bronco take to stop from 100 MPH in perfect conditions? With distance traveled during reaction time; I would not be shocked to see a Sasquatched heavyweight Badlands take 800' in perfect conditions to stop. So more than an eighth of a mile.

Just something you might want to consider as part of the safety equation.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have to be honest, I'm going to be a little disappointed if it's governed at ~100mph.

I have said on here a few times - My Dad got a '98 BMW Z3 when I was a Senior in HS. It had IIRC a 2.8L that really moved it - (the M had a 3.2L) - governed at 128mph. I only hit it a few times and it would almost *shut down* when you hit it, and not give you the ability to hit the gas more until it dropped below 100mph. I remember reading the M could hit 13Xmph (I don't remember, let's call it 135, something like that.)

It's not that I plan on racing the Bronco at top speed all that much, 100mph governing sucks IMHO. You just never know when you might need to go fast. I mean you could have a hot chic sitting shotgun that wants to be impressed, these things happen...
Prepare to be disappointed then. Seriously idk what you were expecting. Never owned a truck/offroader before or what? Even the 700hp Ram TRX is governed to 118, that's all the tires are rated for. They aren't sports cars and while I'm obviously all about going fast, it really would be dumb to push these bricks much past 110 or so for all the reasons others have stated.

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Prepare to be disappointed then. Seriously idk what you were expecting. Never owned a truck/offroader before or what? Even the 700hp Ram TRX is governed to 118, that's all the tires are rated for. They aren't sports cars and while I'm obviously all about going fast, it really would be dumb to push these bricks much past 110 or so for all the reasons others have stated.
Yeah, no, I had a 5.9L 360 V8 Dodge Durango when I was 17 and had trucks ever since... Thank you for your concern however.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
LOL I need 100 on my work commute. Long straight stretch of 2 lane road where most everyone drives so freaking fast. On your bumper if you do 70-80 so you need to gun it until the lane opens up to 2 lanes each side, then you can let off and they pass you at 120.

Not surprised it tops out at 100. My Silverado Double Cab does too (limiter) although the engine and drive train seems to have more. My 97 Wrangler tops out at about 75- 80- the wind just stops it. Can't drive it on the major freeways around here where most everyone drives 80 plus.

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL I need 100 on my work commute. Long straight stretch of 2 lane road where most everyone drives so freaking fast. On your bumper if you do 70-80 so you need to gun it until the lane opens up to 2 lanes each side, then you can let off and they pass you at 120.

Not surprised it tops out at 100. My Silverado Double Cab does too (limiter) although the engine and drive train seems to have more. My 97 Wrangler tops out at about 75- 80- the wind just stops it. Can't drive it on the major freeways around here where most everyone drives 80 plus.
That’s insane to me. Living in New England, we don’t tend to have long stretches of flat road. Going over 80 in my jeep feels super sketchy. I can’t imagine wanting to go over 100. It’s not at all designed for those speeds.

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
100 mph on public roads in a 5000lb brick... Yeah, no.
That’s insane to me. Living in New England, we don’t tend to have long stretches of flat road. Going over 80 in my jeep feels super sketchy. I can’t imagine wanting to go over 100. It’s not at all designed for those speeds.
I'm buying a highly capable off-road vehicle, not a damn sports car. If people buying Broncos feel a "need" to go triple digits, they're buying the wrong vehicle.

There's also zero public roads where these speeds are remotely safe. Save it for the track.

Last edited:

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Attorney s representing plaintiffs love people who have histories of pushing the limits when their Client has been hurt!!
They, and law enforcement also love when people post about their exploits on social media.

Let’s see… I know I’m not in law enforcement anymore but based on what’s readily available, on here…first name given… check. Vehicle descriptions… check. Location…. Check. Description of incident…. Check. I’m not on Facebook or other places, but most people are, so other things are likely very easy to determine using available open source materials and likely find additional supporting evidence.

Easy enough to identify the OP and charge if they wanted to. Or like you said, after an incident (thank goodness nobody was hurt here) it’s a slam dunk in a lawsuit or criminal trial.

Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was jamming on the turnpike over the weekend and my 2 door 2.7 wouldn’t go over 107 mph. I don’t need to go any faster. I was just wondering if anyone else got it over that?
101mph for me

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha ha ha…. The 1950 CJ3A has 5.56 gears and would only go above 70 if it had a Formula 1 engine in it that could rev to 14,000 RPM. At 65 MPH the transfer case is screaming!!! The wheelbase is so short that an emergency stop from anywhere above 60 is uncontrollable. Remember Jeeps issues with rollovers in the late 70’s when they really started becoming popular with the general public? Those were longer wheelbase vehicles.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I completely agree. I lived in New England (Western Massachusetts) most of my life. I loved so much driving the back roads. Most people drive normally there- and the speed limits were enforced. It was not until I moved to Minnesota for 2 years- long straight, flat roads- people drive 80-100. I remember cruising on the freeway in a Honda Civic SI doing exactly 100, getting passed by a minivan with kids in the back making faces out the window. Crazy fast drivers there. Same here in FL. I do miss those back roads in Ma. My 97 Wrangler that sits most of the time here- it does not go fast enough LOL, would be perfect in New England- except if it were up there is would be a rust heap by now.

My Bronco Sasquatch I got the 2.7 automatic- I hope it's fast enough to keep up with traffic. My 2019 Silverado Double Cab with a 5.3 V8 does not.

OP
OP
Flathead

Flathead

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They, and law enforcement also love when people post about their exploits on social media.

Let’s see… I know I’m not in law enforcement anymore but based on what’s readily available, on here…first name given… check. Vehicle descriptions… check. Location…. Check. Description of incident…. Check. I’m not on Facebook or other places, but most people are, so other things are likely very easy to determine using available open source materials and likely find additional supporting evidence.

Easy enough to identify the OP and charge if they wanted to. Or like you said, after an incident (thank goodness nobody was hurt here) it’s a slam dunk in a lawsuit or criminal trial.

Yea I’m not to worried about it. It wouldn’t be the first time I got a speeding ticket and not the last. A few hundred dollars isn’t gonna ruin my day.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Where did you get the mistaken impression that a brick faced, short wheel base, high center of gravity off-road vehicle is a sports car? Maybe to impress that hot chic you should understand the limitations of your "sports cars" first before you look foolish in front of her.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ya gotta have a need... A need for speed!

In an open air vehicle (autocycle):
IMG_20220321_215234.jpg

I'm with you @AK SNO RIDER ... Bunch of grannies here!
Same here...I mean jeeze guys the actual speed limit is 80 in many states now and we all know how traffic cruises along at 5-10 over. I'll be removing the speed limiter on mine at some point, it's on my list.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.