Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No….sorry, drive your Bronco in 4H unless you only want to go 10 to 15 MPH. There is no advantage to driving in 4L if you want to go speeds available in 4H.
The front locker is not available in 4H, although I'm not sure what good that would be above 25 mph anyway.
Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The front locker is not available in 4H, although I'm not sure what good that would be above 25 mph anyway.
I did not realize that! Just tried it and you are correct! Makes sense though. A locked front differential would cause steering issues at higher speeds.

The “guides” at the Off-Roadeo were adamant about not using the lockers unless they were actually needed. This was to reduce unneeded stress on the drive train.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Abs will decel you more controllably and safely than engine braking.
This, engine braking is EXACTLY what you shouldn't do in low traction scenarios. Inappropriate use of an engine brake in wet conditions killed some fire fighters a few years ago when they lost control due to engine braking causing them to slide and rolled the truck.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The “guides” at the Off-Roadeo were adamant about not using the lockers unless they were actually needed. This was to reduce unneeded stress on the drive train.
Since I'm firmly in the Tread Lightly camp when driving off road, I turn on lockers when I think I might otherwise spin a tire and dig in. But I hardly ever use 4L, so it's usually just the rear. I'll lock both to get through a snow bank or up some steep loose stuff, but I unlock again right away when I no longer feel the need.

What I don't want to do is wait until I'm spinning and digging up the trail before hitting the lockers.
Sponsored