MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m thinking the ford engineers did their job well to prevent bronco occupants with guns off safe, hanging out a window or standing over the top, from going 17 mph + plus in the dark.
Kinda defeats the purpose of a midlife crisis vehicle...... another ding on the rollout... Hoping for a work-around
Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aside from just screwing around I don't think most people ever go fast in reverse. I can't Ford engineers spending much time on this.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just more unnecessary nanyness...

Sponsored

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Remember.... we live in a world where we have to put warning labels on coffee cups saying "Warning... coffee is hot."

In the era of zero accountability for one's actions and people who have been legislatively forced to remain in the gene pool when they normally would have removed themselves long ago, this is what we're left with.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

16 mph is a safety thing but just imagine being stuck and needing more power to get out. You can easily turn the non gripping tires faster than 16 mph. So I guess you'll be stuck and need to use your winch or buddy to pull you out.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remember.... we live in a world where we have to put warning labels on coffee cups saying "Warning... coffee is hot."

In the era of zero accountability for one's actions and people who have been legislatively forced to remain in the gene pool when they normally would have removed themselves long ago, this is what we're left with.
Well said.

OP
OP
badclam

badclam

Raptor
First Name
Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor,22 Raptor 37pp,23 F350 CCLB 6.7PS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
16 mph is a safety thing but just imagine being stuck and needing more power to get out. You can easily turn the non gripping tires faster than 16 mph. So I guess you'll be stuck and need to use your winch or buddy to pull you out.
For the win!

To answer most of the remarks in one post.

It's not that I Iost the coyote legally hunting a predator on my own land at night that's the problem. I'll get it another time. That's just how I discovered this shortcoming.

16 MPH is not a high tire speed with 35s. If you're mudding like we do around here, you need some reverse tire speed to rock your vehicle out some bad spots. You also need tire speed to clean the tires to eat your way through the mud, and claw up mud hills.

Furthermore, to all the Karens in the audience, if it's to save me from myself I've had my fill of mandatory safety devices. It'll do over 100MPH going forward! That seems way more likely to kill somebody than 25 MPH in reverse? Why is there a speed limiter at all? This is the first and only thing I've found so far that I don't like about my Bronco.

Lastly. It's efing pathetic that my One Wheel that cost $1,700 and is way easier to get hurt on then the Bronco, can beat the Bronco in reverse by exactly 6 miles per hour! It goes both directions, works on dirt roads too. Here's a picture of the 2 together. Who would guess the board would be faster in reverse with it's electric motor than a Bronco?

20220325_192232[1].jpg

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kill all the coyotes y’all can. Shot the hogs too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
badclam

badclam

Raptor
First Name
Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Kill all the coyotes y’all can. Shot the hogs too.
No hogs here, but the coyotes are decimating the deer population. They follow the pregnant deer around, and sometimes don't even wait for the fawns to be completely born before they start pulling on them. We had zero fawns survive last year on my land, and surrounding land that I run around on. That's why it's legal to hunt them all year and at night here. It's a management strategy to get deer, elk, and grouse populations back up.

Bottom line here is out of all the vehicles I own, trucks, side by sides, ATVs, electric One Wheel, my Bronco has the slowest reverse speed. Pathetic. I need a workaround if only out of spite at this point.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

needing to go more than 16 mph backwards makes me really wonder how the filming of the next Jackass movie is going

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are a pleasant guy...I bet you are fun at parties.

Still trying to understand why a vehicle needs to go faster that 16 mph backwards. 🤣😂🤣

filup01

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
2021 Black Diamond Sasquatch 2.7. I can only get 16 MPH in Reverse!

Out coyote hunting tonight and had one turn and go behind us. Put it in Reverse, put the pedal to the floor and maxed out at 16 MPH! We had to back up a couple hundred yards to turn around. We lost the coyote of course. We tried again on the paved road thinking the grass was triggering an obstacle governor. The Bronco maxed out at 16 MPH in Normal and Sport mode, 2 and 4 wheel drive.

Looked through the settings, and tried different modes on the road and can only get 16 MPH in reverse no matter what we tried? What am I doing wrong? 16 MPH in Reverse is not acceptable. How do I get past this?

Thanks
Buy a manual transmission and make your own rules.

OP
OP
badclam

badclam

Raptor
First Name
Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You are a pleasant guy...I bet you are fun at parties.

Still trying to understand why a vehicle needs to go faster that 16 mph backwards. 🤣😂🤣
Why not limit it to 5 MPH? If 16MPH is safe, wouldn't 5 be better?

My point, whether you agree or not, is why should there be any restriction built into the reverse speed?
Sponsored