John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sure it was covered but yeah if you use the highest octane available your ecm will cause engine to produce th most power it can.......which might lead to faster wear and tear on internal parts

I stick with 93 here in the Great Lakes and also Top Tier as well as North American crude.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree with most except the concept of pressure although its not far off. Octance is resistance to heat. Gasoline does not burn under pressure, it burns by heat generated by spark. Only Diesel fuel burns under pressure as pistons compress the fuel inside the combustion chamber. This is why diesels do not have spark plugs.

With that said, turbochargers do generate pressure which does increase heat but not enough to spark fuel.

The higher the octane, the more resistance to heat.
You've never seen the ultra high compression ignition gasoline engines such as from Mazda https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/th...now-worlds-first-compression-ignition-engine/

PolarVortex

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Black Diamond, Craftsman tractor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
therealsteffenj

therealsteffenj

Black Diamond
First Name
Steffen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine’s not TOO far off from yours….:) The azure gray metallic looks a little different in various lighting.

IMG_6543.jpeg

IMG_6572.jpeg
Oh wow, that’s a beautiful Bronco too! I didn’t realize how close that color was to A51 in some lights. A51 is 2 totally different colors in the light and dark! Cool 🚙
Sponsored