Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So ~9800 Rangers built in January @MAP. Anyone know if that number jives with production throughout 2020? Or has it slowed down a bit as Bronco pre-production has ramped up?
it will slow down once the Bronco goes into production. at first they said 60/40 Bronco Ranger split but probably be more like 70/30 or 80/20
Sponsored

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m confused to the time line.

seems like people in the first 24 hours or less will get a 21.

by summer?

so people the first night in June and people toward the end of the first 24hr span august?

or people in the end of the first getting their 21 in October?

when do you expect 2022 Broncos? In 21 like normal, or deep into 22??

And how can Toyota produce 500,000 Rav4s a year?
This has been endlesslyyyyyyyyyyyy discussed on this forum. Delivery will depend on reservations date, dealer allocation, options in your build, and now the chip crisis is coming into play. Higher spec models that may need chips that are in demand are going to get delayed. Albert at Granger said he is waiting 6 months for F150 deliveries on anything above XLT trim due to higher trim levels needing chips Ford can't get. I am a July 15th reservations at Granger which has a ton of orders. My build is very simple so Albert thinks I have reasonable chance of getting mine fairly quickly, maybe by end of summer if I am lucky based on the build specs. I have no late availability options and order a 2.3 manual. If I ordered a squatch with black top it would have been late fall or 22 model year.

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven't been following the Mustang Mach-E release at all, but I believe they're in the same boat as the Bronco crowd with reserving/placing orders, right? The chart says they've built over 4k already which seems like a lot considering their B&P just came out.

Sponsored

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I know they're not coming to San Diego, every time Kearney Mesa Ford is gonna get a couple to show it gets cancelled, I think Detroit looks at San Diego as a step child 😜
You are looking at this wrong. Detroit looks at San Diego as that really cool kid that everyone likes. The problem is San Diego's Parents are a nightmare that no one likes except for the other horrible parents.

aaronkwaters

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer said that Ford is currently making models for the dealers to place on lot for marketing purposes. They are required to keep them on the lot for at least six months before they can sell. I don't know if that is accurate for these units or not.

RiverRat001

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion, 18 Grand Caravan, 78 F250, 81 CB750F
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They can give me one to replace my mud bogger,doesn't have to be street legal or registered(my 72 f250 hb hasn't been registered in 30+years)
really wish that was a legitimate alternative. Shame that preproduction trucks and sports cars can’t be sold for cheap as trail or track-only.

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Testing and then the crusher.
Lol, maybe if they'd stop crushing all the dang semiconductors and chips in their test vehicles, they may not have a shortage. We've seen tons of these test vehicles and concepts produced over the past year. I can't imagine everything they've wasted. When times are hard, you get rid of nothing. How many of these "test" vehicles had nothing wrong with them that they could have just been like, "Who wants a cheap MY21 Bronco that we've driven the tar out of?" Since it's an Ecoboost engine, the harder you drive them, the longer they last and hold up.

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just noticed this in Ford’s sales report PDF for last month... they reported building 99 Broncos at Michigan Assembly Plant.

Thought it was interesting that they include preproduction units in the stats.

Ford Bronco 99 Broncos were built at MAP last month giphy - 2021-02-12T133439.703
It certainly isn't anything to beat one's chest over even if for the last year Ford has been bragging about the Bronco with zero salable Broncos for every month since trying to make a big deal out of non-existent product. Ford seems to be bragging about a product that has been in the vaporware category every month since they announced the new Bronco last July. This is an improvement, I guess.

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It certainly isn't anything to beat one's chest over even if for the last year Ford has been bragging about the Bronco with zero salable Broncos for every month since trying to make a big deal out of non-existent product. Ford seems to be bragging about a product that has been in the vaporware category every month since they announced the new Bronco last July. This is an improvement, I guess.
Who hurt you?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’re not supposed to tell anybody you work for the CIA. :oops:
@Bronco4lyfe85

I thought the CIA was Top Secret Compartmentalized if not Black. Or whatever the term is. #IWatchedTheA-TeamTheOtherDay :LOL: :alien: :devilish:
The funniest part is it’s for a grocery store! Everyone knows it as Kroger or King Soopers. We always laugh at how secret it is, is someone going to hack my work emails? “Oh man, this is fascinating! He has a service call for store 38!”

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When ford tested the pre production '03 cobra they would put the nose against a wall, and dump the clutch to stall it. All to find out how many cycles the clutch could withstand. That smell would never have gone away, those units needed to be crushed.
Sponsored