Sponsored

A bird in the hand? Buy one off the lot instead of waiting for my order?

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So with my late reservation dates, my Bronco is at least 6 months away. But I have found a Bronco for sale that is most likely a cancelled order. I love the trim, transmission, level of convenience package, and number of doors. The asking price seems to be nominally over MSRP, but I’m not in love with the color.
The pros:
-I get a Bronco this summer!
-I don’t have to drive that far to get it
-I’ve done business with this dealership before and I think I could get a great trade in value on my Tundra
-by trading in my truck I’d save a bit on taxes

cons:
it’s not a “below invoice” deal like I’m set up with.
Shadow Black is not my favorite.

So, 6G Hivemind, help me out here. How much more is it worth to get a Bronco ASAP compared to next spring?
Sponsored

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
What is your reserved build exactly?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The balance is how much of a compromise on your existing order is it vs. the ADM for that compromise. Would you be taking this Bronco to keep long term? Or would you be keeping your build order and trading this one in on it?

If the Bronco on hand is close enough at not too much of a cost, then go for it. You can always '99 your existing order (maintaining price protection and securing your below invoice pricing) and wait for the Heritage Edition or another feature that piques your interest. I've been looking myself for "abandoned" orders that are close to what I want.

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How much is 6 months worth to you? Also, you could always wrap it and get a custom color. I’d personally be tempted, but think I’d wait.

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you're in the position to pay said markup, buy it and sell it/trade it in when yours arrives if it's that tempting.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depending on how much over MSRP they're actually charging, Shadow Black might not be a deal breaker for you if you haven't seen it in person.

There's a Shadow Black base at the dealership near my house and it looks amazing. Reinforced my decision to get Shadow Black on my Badlands.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would go for it. I sold my used car for about $6k more than I should have, due to used car market conditions. $6k is my "above MSRP" limit if something I want pops up.

Sponsored

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a good problem to have . You really can’t go wrong either way you could always just flip a coin. Did you test drive the one that is available now that would be the thing that would help me make up my mind.🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Rebel Bronc

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a good problem to have . You really can’t go wrong either way you could always just flip a coin. Did you test drive the one that is available now that would be the thing that would help me make up my mind.🤷‍♂️
The only test drive I had was in a 4 door BB with the 2.7. This one isn’t exactly in town, but it’s much closer than Granger or Horsham.;)

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're just guessing on the 6 months as well lol. There are thousands of first evening 7/13/21 reservations that have heard absolutely zero. If we don't hear something this Thursday, I'll be saying hopefully 6 months from now and even that will be a guess.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So with my late reservation dates, my Bronco is at least 6 months away. But I have found a Bronco for sale that is most likely a cancelled order. I love the trim, transmission, level of convenience package, and number of doors. The asking price seems to be nominally over MSRP, but I’m not in love with the color.
The pros:
-I get a Bronco this summer!
-I don’t have to drive that far to get it
-I’ve done business with this dealership before and I think I could get a great trade in value on my Tundra
-by trading in my truck I’d save a bit on taxes

cons:
it’s not a “below invoice” deal like I’m set up with.

So, 6G Hivemind, help me out here. How much more is it worth to get a Bronco ASAP compared to next spring?
Search within. The answer is obvious.

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to mention, 2 doors are not being produced at a very high rate it seems. So if you've found a 2 door badlands Lux that is a cancelled order and not a demo model, then it's about as rare as a unicorn! You better buy it fast!
Sponsored