Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2022 Bronco Bad Lands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A little background:
I am coming from driving Jeeps for the last 7 years. I ordered a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JK (loaded), drove it for several years, and really liked the vehicle. When Jeep came out with the redesign in 2018, I ordered a Rubicon JL. The difference between the two was striking as the new Jeep was more refined in its driving and interior layout. Then, I ordered a new Bronco. After waiting a year, I gave up and got a Jeep 392.

I must say the 392 is so much fun to drive. The torque and HP are amazing and it was really fun to drive. Then I bought my wife a 2022 Bronco off the lot for a reasonable price and liked it so much I bought a Raptor and sold the 392. I really like the Raptor and having independent suspension is a game-changer for a vehicle like this. The interior is really nice and I am very happy I made the switch. With that said, I do have a few comments:

1) I love the new, completely digital dash. However, I am amazed at how little one can customize the gauges and look. The Jeep dash had a smaller digital screen but I could customize it way more than the Bronco. And, the Jeep had more colors that quite frankly looked really good. In my wife's Bad Lands, the MPG digital indicator shows real-time fuel use and is very similar to the Jeep. In the Raptor, you only can get the information from the trip screen with no real-time usage.

2) I made a thread regarding this but it really annoys me that I get a seatbelt nag when I start the vehicle. If I am the only person in the vehicle and I have my seatbelt on, why the hell is it telling me I have my seatbelt on? I either have to click OK or it goes away after a while. Small but annoying feature.

3) It always defaults to Normal driving mode. I would rather have it default to the last mode I was using when the vehicle was shut off.

4) While the Raptor is pretty powerful, it is not even close to the 392. I would have thought Ford might have taken the HP and torque a little higher to get some bragging rights. I have a reservation with Hennessey for a Velociraptor upgrade which will bring it to 500HP and 550 lb feet of torque.

I am not bitching in any way as I really think Ford did a great job on these vehicles. Just offering a few thoughts from a long-time Jeep driver.

Happy New Year to all

Jeep dash
Ford Bronco A Couple of Thoughts on the Raptor 5

My garage
Ford Bronco A Couple of Thoughts on the Raptor broncos
Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a reservation with Hennessey for a Velociraptor upgrade which will bring it to 500HP and 550 lb feet of torque.
:eek::love:

You know we will need many, many pictures!

OP
OP
switz

switz

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
:eek::love:

You know we will need many, many pictures!
I was in contact with them today. They are finalizing the parts and I was told I can ship my vehicle to them in the 1st or 2nd week of February. If anyone is interested, call Adam Klisares and tell him Steve from Nevada City sent you. He has been very responsive to my questions and calls.

Last edited:

jamtra

Wildtrak
First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm hoping Ford takes the comments people make and puts them into the new models. Being able to customize the dash would be cool feature. Maybe they will add a bigger engine too. Kind of like the F150 Raptor R.

Sponsored

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Oh no, another Hennessey build.

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They are overpriced if you asked me. Plenty of other tuners out there that can get you that 500hp.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have heard to many horror stories about Hennesse stories about Corvettes and Camaro's that I wouldn't go near them. They have a bad reputation.

OP
OP
switz

switz

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have heard to many horror stories about Hennesse stories about Corvettes and Camaro's that I wouldn't go near them. They have a bad reputation.
I am going to look into this more. I appreciate the response.

Sponsored

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Agreed. Their reputation in Houston is horrific. No one there will deal with them seriously. I’m amazed they are able to pull out of towners so easily to them probably because they have no idea of their reputation

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Agreed. Their reputation in Houston is horrific. No one there will deal with them seriously. I’m amazed they are able to pull out of towners so easily to them probably because they have no idea of their reputation
Back in their early day's they made a big name for themselves. Had a good reputation the first few years. Then when they became a common big name in the Business they went down hill. Pretty much relying on their early successes to keep brining them business.

I worked for 18 years Off shore drilling. My company head quarters was in Houston as were a lot of people I work with. None of the car guys had anything nice to say about Henessee.

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That seatbelt warning is bananas. It’s not ideal that every single time I start the car I need to acknowledge a seatbelt warning. Then god forbid someone takes their seatbelt off, the warning never goes away…

OP
OP
switz

switz

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That seatbelt warning is bananas. It’s not ideal that every single time I start the car I need to acknowledge a seatbelt warning. Then god forbid someone takes their seatbelt off, the warning never goes away…
The longer I drive it, the more the seat belt nag bothers me. It is totally unnecessary to make me press a button if my seat belt is already on.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wai
The longer I drive it, the more the seat belt nag bothers me. It is totally unnecessary to make me press a button if my seat belt is already on.
Wait, is this on all Broncos and I justbhit button subconsciousl when I drive it? God, I hope I don’t notice it every time know lol.
Sponsored