First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried searching for this, but all the door rubbing issues I could find where for the edges of the door or the bottom corner from alignment.
Mine doesn't appear to be out of alignment, but while putting on rubber protectant on the weatherstripping yesterday I found this:
Ford Bronco A different kind of door rubbing. 1654035020813

This is on the a-pillar where the plastic piece on the front of the driver's window touches the pillar when the door is closed.
Evidently it's rubbed enough to split the rubber and it's pulling back.

Anyone had this happen?

Ford Bronco A different kind of door rubbing. 1654035097676
Sponsored

Dune_Runner

First Edition
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the same issue on my driver side. Much smaller than yours so haven’t brought it up to the dealership yet.
Ford Bronco A different kind of door rubbing. 1A549804-FB6A-4805-92C3-A35E847D90B0

OP
OP
DaveInSA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking of taking it by the dealer, but all the service departments are swamped around here. They want you take make an appointment to drop it off in a week, and then they won't look at it for another week.... ugh

OP
OP
DaveInSA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do have the more common rubbing on the bottom back end of both doors. Worse on the driver's side but still chipped paint on passenger.

I ran it by the dealer today and have to bring it back in two weeks and they'll have their body shop look at what needs to be done to align the doors, touch up the chipped paint (on the bottom corner of both doors) and replace the rubber strip on the driver side.
They said they'd probably need to keep it 3-5 working days. Unfortunately they have very few loaners and this is my daily driver. Oui.
Warranty has rental coverage, but it's nearly impossible to find a rental car around here, and if you do it's 3x the warranty coverage for an economy class car.

Guess I get to do some ubering.. that'll be expensive

CG88

Black Diamond
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 2-door passenger door was misaligned and destroyed the paint where the lower part of the door meets the frame. Ford re-aligned it and repainted it for me. I'm not too happy so far with the issues my Bronco has had.

OP
OP
DaveInSA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, they had to order the replacement part. Which took a couple weeks. Then had to wait another week to drop it off after they received it...
They've had it for 4 days and gave me a call. They replaced the part, touched up the paint chip since it was small, and adjusted the doors.

Except, they didn't replace the part. I'm guessing they replaced some part, but not the one that has had the hole rubbed in it.

When I first took it in, they did spend more time looking at the chipped paint at the bottom of the door. I guess they just thought 'weatherstrip' and didn't really reference the pictures I thought they took.

So, I do have it back.. I don't know for sure if they adjusted the doors. But they're now trying to figure out what happened and where to go from here.

Ford has been very communicative during this, so that's good.. Hopefully they can get the part in less than a year :)
Sponsored