Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not bashing you, but have you driven a Wrangler JL? A lot of people think they know how a Jeep rides, but if you are comparing a Jeep to a Bronco you should probably test drive both. I get your point about older Jeep’s , but you could also say that my old 94 Bronco.
We're good.

I have a buddy who I wheel with regularly. He owns a JLU Rubicon, mod steering, ICON suspension (long) with 4" lift on 37" Nitto on 17"wheels; also ICON. I drive his rig often. We wheel with another guy with a JKU; similar mods, but his suspension is FOX. Drive this one also.

The ICON is about the best road riding set up that most can expect and it rides much better than a stock Rubicon on road, but still isn't quite what I consider as stable. Again, BMW is my baseline.

However, my old Disco is SFA with a decent amount of suspension work and I don't consider it to be stable on road. What I mean here is a little wandering.

For someone coming from SFA, like I said, you get used to it, but for guys who will be moving up to Bronco from a car, the change can be dramatic at first. Feel like as long as you know these points going in, it won't seem like something is wrong.

Body on frame, IFS, SRA, high center; it's just different on the highway.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And another person who does not like change. The simple solution is to cancel your reservation and stick with the wrangler.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We're good.

I have a buddy who I wheel with regularly. He owns a JLU Rubicon, mod steering, ICON suspension (long) with 4" lift on 37" Nitto on 17"wheels; also ICON. I drive his rig often. We wheel with another guy with a JKU; similar mods, but his suspension is FOX. Drive this one also.

The ICON is about the best road riding set up that most can expect and it rides much better than a stock Rubicon on road, but still isn't quite what I consider as stable. Again, BMW is my baseline.

However, my old Disco is SFA with a decent amount of suspension work and I don't consider it to be stable on road. What I mean here is a little wandering.

For someone coming from SFA, like I said, you get used to it, but for guys who will be moving up to Bronco from a car, the change can be dramatic at first. Feel like as long as you know these points going in, it won't seem like something is wrong.

Body on frame, IFS, SRA, high center; it's just different on the highway.
I get what you’re saying. I guess I was more thinking stock wrangler JLURs. I can see how going big can compromise the geometry of the SFA making it more unstable at higher speed.

OP
OP
CT203

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not bashing you, but have you driven a Wrangler JL? A lot of people think they know how a Jeep rides, but if you are comparing a Jeep to a Bronco you should probably test drive both. I get your point about older Jeep’s , but you could also say that my old 94 Bronco.
I have but want to test drive it again. It’s more comfortable than the JK but still very jeep like.

OP
OP
CT203

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And another person who does not like change. The simple solution is to cancel your reservation and stick with the wrangler.
Huh? Do you regularly jump to wild conclusions? That’s gotta impact your life negativity. I love change and want change from my JK. It has nothing to do with that. I just found it less fun to drive than what I was expecting.

Sponsored

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Some people don’t realize they’re nothing more than a number in a market segment to these giant corporations. Instead they think Mike Levine keeps their framed 8x10 portrait on his desk, while he gently kisses two fingers, then lovingly touches the photo every night before he leaves work.
The thing I like about giant corporations is if I don't like Verizon I'll switch to AT&T, don"t like AT&T I'LL switch to some other giant corporation. By the way these giant Corps. generally pay more than a Mom and Pop Business. What some people don't realize that these giant Corp's products or services are nothing but a choice for the consumer. :unsure:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am not being negative. You clearly are use to your wrangler so keep it. You clearly said you prefer your wrangler. Why would you get a bronco when you prefer your wrangler? Why would you drive a car that is not fun?

Huh? Do you regularly jump to wild conclusions? That’s gotta impact your life negativity. I love change and want change from my JK. It has nothing to do with that. I just found it less fun to drive than what I was expecting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CT203

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like your review, and it was based off of your expectations. I can respect that and know that yours and mine are not necessarily the same. I have owned jeeps and my first car was a 78 bronco. I love both for very different reasons. I am a mom and having a vehicle that accommodates my mom duties is important. I travel a lot, so having a vehicle that accommodates that is also important. When I have a moment of not parenting or working, the hubs and I love to go off roading and camping. So the fact that my 21 Bronco can do all of that....makes it all worth while. Will it check ALL of the boxes and I will love every thing about it.....no, most likely not. But that is OK. It checks most of them and probably more than most vehicles out there. So, thanks for your review. It's nice to hear different opinions and I add it to my delivery check list. I should be taking delivery in a few days and I am excited to report back my thoughts and any concerns I may have. We are all a part of the Bronco Community and just like family, we will not always agree on everything.
I’m sure it’ll do all of that for you and you’ll like it. The only said might be fuel economy which was another disappointment. It had 600miles on it and was averaging 15mpg. Obviously lots of short trips and aggressive driving, but still awful.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I get it Scott. I have a '19 Sahara JLU now, and I expect I will miss it a bit after it's gone. I'm going to try my best not to compare the two as I know the Bronco is a different animal under the skin. I do think I will be happier with the ride, and drive of the Bronco though. We use our Jeep (and will use the Bronco the same) as a long road trip vehicle from time to time, and I will say the the side to side rocking at times, and the play in the steering can become a little tiring at times. Especially in the strong cross winds in the mid west.

I think folks are stuck in the past with the Jeep, and haven't driving a newer JL. Stellantis/FCA have brought the Jeep a long way with the JL's. With 19K miles the only warranty work has been a dead ASS battery. Other than that it's been oil changes, and a whole bunch of fun. The 3.6L with the 8 spd auto work great together. I wish the 10 spd in my Ranger changed the same way the 8 spd in the JL does. The 8 spd is quick, and tight without all of that infernal slipping into converter lock up like the 10 spd.
Sponsored