Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your about 10 grand off the Bronco hight-low. The one I ordered is $61,100 about 11K from a nice equipt Defender 110. Do not get me wrong I'm a Ford fanboy. All my work trucks are F250 and I have had several new GT350 R and alike. I'm just saying for 60K its interior is cheap. Now if I was buying a 30K Bronco as you put it, (??) then I would not be complaining as it would cost about as much as my Maverick X3 MAX X RS Turbo, and it's got worst interior yet. BUT we are not buying a UTV and it's not a 30K vehicle I'm talking about. Let's compare apples to apples, please. "Get over it" yourself.
That was your choice to buy a 60k Bronco. You could have bought a 30k Bronco if you really wanted.
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, when I think FORD utility vehicle I think Luxury.
Yup, I had a $70K Raptor. Not exactly the pinnacle of luxury. Frankly, my Mini Countryman is significantly more luxurious.

If I wan a luxury SUV, I’m getting a Lincoln. That new Aviator has an incredible interior.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Some of these counter arguments are ridiculous. There are a bunch of off-road vehicles with nicer interiors in the broncos price point. Raptor, Power Wagon, TRX, Wrangler, etc. The notion that a nicer interior is not possible because you can take the roof off is laughably false.

It's even funnier when you realize there is a 8" or 12" screen right in the middle. That screen is way more vulnerable to roof off damage than a whole slough of interior dash materials.

Not to mention bronco does offer leather seats, which again counters the roof off argument. A soft touch style premium interior is no more of a top off risk than the cloth and leather seats and giant glass screens that are actually in broncos.

Bottomline Ford cheaped out a bit on the interior. There should be a nicer interior option for those that want to pay for it. We even saw pictures of some in the rollout videos.

I have no doubt in a couple years this will be one of the first updates. Which again defeats the off-road vehicle argument.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup, I had a $70K Raptor. Not exactly the pinnacle of luxury. Frankly, my Mini Countryman is significantly more luxurious.

If I wan a luxury SUV, I’m getting a Lincoln. That new Aviator has an incredible interior.
Exactly, and this thing is in-line with a Jeep, TRD, etc.

I thought the same when I first saw it but then quickly remembered we are getting an off-road, top off machine. I do think there is room for improvement but the top removal changes it a little.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1.) I've never understood the reasoning behind news anchors telling me what I'm going to think as a lead-in to a story, I avoid clicking on links that say "you'll be amazed" or "you won't believe this," and I'm certainly not a fan of posts that insist on saying things like how everyone "will agree" with the poster's opinion. It sounds a bit like intentional goading.🤨

2.) Not sure why anyone would spend $60,000 on a motor vehicle, but that might have something to do with being a teacher in a state that notoriously ranks 49th or 50th every year for what they pay their teachers. I could buy two Broncos for that much money. Or more likely... If I had an extra $60k to spend I wouldn't buy a $60k Bronco, I'd buy a $30k Bronco and a really sweet $30k trailer. 😍

3.) My Black Diamond Bronco is replacing my 1995 Dakota 2WD pickup. Even the base Bronco would be more luxurious.😁

Ranger6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ranger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i mean this is 28.5K car. it's cheaper than a loaded ecosport. what did you expect. you get the same IP and plastic bits even if you choose to donate 60K to Ford.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm an English teacher and my red pen is out. Consider edits before I start correcting this. Everything is due this Friday, so get busy.
Theirs know reason for that....

Zeno

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Defender Trophy Edition, 20 Ranger, 911SC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anyone has seen the Bronco in person and sat in it, they will most likely agree with me. The inside is cheap, really cheap...worst than a Wrangler. I sat in a LUX package with the leather and all, and it's still cheap. I was hoping for at least Lariat F150 quality but instead, it's a low or lower XLT. Do not get me wrong I'm still getting it. (However) I will say this if it was not for the front lockers, sway-bar disconnect, and look out over the hood. (from the driver seat it looks great! the way the fender comes down from the outer sides) I would be ordering a Defender 110. I know it's unreliable but I would not own it outside of a full warranty.

Anyway I know it will be fun to drive and great off-road. But really...some of us will daily drive this it would have been nice if the interior matched the outside good looks. IMHO Just venting
I know that I am in the minority here, but I understand where you are coming from. My reasoning is a bit different than yours in that I have no unrealistic expectations of the Bronco when it comes to the Bronco's interior. I just bought my wife a Defender 90 last week and a Defender 110 for me on Tuesday.

The delays have screwed things up for me a bit. My son turns 16 on May 19th and is getting my Ranger. (Heads up. He has been saving money since he was little and will be paying for a large portion of it). My original build date was the week of June 28th and now has been moved to July 19th. I originally thought that I could live a summer month or 2 driving my old FJ40, but I am afraid that we are going to see more delays and I really don't have any comfort level that I will see my Bronco before October. Tuesday I bought a loaded 2020 Defender 110 with 6,000 miles to hold me over until the Bronco gets here. I figure that with the way used car prices are going through the roof, I will likely not get hurt in the next few months with my purchase.

Here is the rub. I really like the Defender way more than I thought I would and I know that the Defender will drive much better than the Bronco, actually tow my boat, and meets every one of my needs except for the ability the go topless. The longer that I wait for the Bronco the more I consider waiting and getting the exact Bronco that I originally wanted before I started compromising with my present build. Its almost a given that after driving the Defender I am going to be disappointed in the Bronco if I try and compare the two vehicles as they are very different animals in most respects. The Bronco is made to kick ass and do anything and everything that you might want to do outdoors. The Defender cost 20k plus more than the Bronco and while it is plenty capable off road, there is a tremendous amount of hesitation in taking it off road and putting it through the trials that I would put the Bronco through. Scratch or ding the Bronco on the rocks, I am okay with that. Scratch or ding the Defender? Tears and take out a loan to fix it.

My current order is BL, LUX, 2.3, MIC, bead lock capable rims, Carbon Grey. The 2.3 and MIC were specifically chosen so that I could get my Bronco earlier. My perfect build would have been BL, LUX, 2.7, MOD top, bead lock capable rims, and Green. I am now second guessing my decision to compromise and no longer feel the urgency for the Bronco to arrive quickly.

My suggestion to you is, if you want an incredible ride, luxury interior, depreciation, high maintenance costs, and questionable reliability, get the Defender and wait for Ford to dial in the Bronco. In the alternative, buy both and know that the Bronco will not be your daily driver. Let me clarify my last statement. The Bronco will only be your daily driver while the Defender is in the shop, which will likely be 20-30% of the time.
Ford Bronco Im a little disappointed, after see the Bronco in person F83E1FE3-A6A4-40AF-9D02-07D5837C2B31

Ford Bronco Im a little disappointed, after see the Bronco in person thumbnail

Last edited:

Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is one real nice slab-sided truck - I would need the white roof - I think it is a nice purchase and you will not come back to the Bronco. Man, that's tempting too.
The sad fact though - I have a 2019 Discovery - my wife wants the Defender - and wants to trade. I am with her on this. I would have Bronco and a Defender. But I went to Carvana and the offer was half of what I paid in 2019. So back to reality now. I either pony up and get a Defender or stick with a Black Diamond.

thumbnail-jpg.jpg

bchapa2002

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for posting this. Most of the posts here seemed to blow sunshine up our ass. At least you had the balls to post your opinion. Not everyone should be satisfied and it sucks you were not. Hopefully I'll have a different opinion.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would advise anyone ahead of me, especially with a mic and Sasquatch to just cancel at this point.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.