First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I always buy the base model stuff so I probably won't even notice if the interior is crap. Probably will be a step up.
Im on the same boat brother. Aside from my current Fusion Ive always had base- rented a Jeep last summer for a week and loved it enough to say Im sticking with Ford and pre-ordering a Bronco

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If anyone has seen the Bronco in person and sat in it, they will most likely agree with me. The inside is cheap, really cheap...worst than a Wrangler. I sat in a LUX package with the leather and all, and it's still cheap. I was hoping for at least Lariat F150 quality but instead, it's a low or lower XLT. Do not get me wrong I'm still getting it. (However) I will say this if it was not for the front lockers, sway-bar disconnect, and look out over the hood. (from the driver seat it looks great! the way the fender comes down from the outer sides) I would be ordering a Defender 110. I know it's unreliable but I would not own it outside of a full warranty.

Anyway I know it will be fun to drive and great off-road. But really...some of us will daily drive this it would have been nice if the interior matched the outside good looks. IMHO Just venting
Did you sit in the FE? Not sure why but that seemed cheap and weird. I thought the BL was much nicer

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Judging from your other vehicles, it sounds like purchasing some high end after market upgrades might be the hot ticket. Katskin leather upholstery-and possibly custom dash treatment, special carpeting, etc. Seems like it would be the best of both worlds for you. You get all the fun stuff like removable top and doors, off road mechanics plus doing some really cool cosmetics that elevate the whole package to your standards and taste. Probably still cheaper than getting that excrutiatingly unreliable British vehicle. And far more reliable. Either way, best of luck to you, I am sure you will ultimately make the decision best for you.

mountaincat

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lincoln mkx, 99 F-150, 76 f-150 ranger xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sat in a FE today and i thought the seats were just as comfortable as my lincoln seats. They fit me good. I'm 5'8".

Sponsored

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is only a $30-$50K machine, get over it. Go buy a luxury product.
50k?? The one I reserved was over 60k. For that kinda money it should have like an entry level luxury feel, Iā€™m sure the defender has that feel even though itā€™s a Land Rover(Tata Motors) product

OP
OP
not tame

not tame

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 C8 Vette, F10 M5 BMW, F150 Shelby, F250 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is only a $30-$50K machine, get over it. Go buy a luxury product.
Your about 10 grand off the Bronco hight-low. The one I ordered is $61,100 about 11K from a nice equipt Defender 110. Do not get me wrong I'm a Ford fanboy. All my work trucks are F250 and I have had several new GT350 R and alike. I'm just saying for 60K its interior is cheap. Now if I was buying a 30K Bronco as you put it, (??) then I would not be complaining as it would cost about as much as my Maverick X3 MAX X RS Turbo, and it's got worst interior yet. BUT we are not buying a UTV and it's not a 30K vehicle I'm talking about. Let's compare apples to apples, please. "Get over it" yourself.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I donā€™t fully disagree...on the face of it...but thereā€™s a trade off that a lot of ppl donā€™t acknowledge.

at the end of the day a loaded 60k bronco has a similar interior to a 30k base (and even then the base is skewed towards off road capabilities and has an interior on par with a even lesser priced vehicle). Leather seats help. The bigger screen helps. Some creature comforts help. But besides that there is definitely a lot of material quality thatā€™s left to be desired on the higher builds. But honestly a loaded Sasquatch with a higher end interior could easily fetch 80k in the marketplace. Look where higher end defenders price. Heck look at the G wagon. You simply canā€™t get it all for the Broncos price point in this day and age.

If Ford offered some type of soft touch material etc etc interior for 5k Iā€™d be all in. 100%. My loaded sas is still coming up way short of a comparable defender. Just because itā€™s not offered doesnā€™t mean your getting less for what your paying

Ok. Iā€™ll stop here. I feel like with the MIC top fiasco, every minute I spend is a minute wasted until I know I have a build date on my day 1 res thatā€™s within a dogs lifetime.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im on the same boat brother. Aside from my current Fusion Ive always had base- rented a Jeep last summer for a week and loved it enough to say Im sticking with Ford and pre-ordering a Bronco
Im comparing it to My ā€˜71!
Feels like and looks like a Mercedes compared to that!
Not as much cool factor though!
Whadda ya gonna do?!
First world Problems!
šŸ˜«šŸ˜”šŸ˜“šŸ¤­šŸ˜˜

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

doesn't look cheap to me, it's plastic, which is great. Easy to clean. Personally I find wood panels and leather or what ever soft touch crap stupid and would not want to pay for any of that, I'll be happy with my 12'' screen and the no frills simple dashboard around it. But to each their own, I'm sure OP can find some luxury thing that has what ever floats their boat. Personally I could not care less, as long as it's not ugly or rusty or something, LOL. And to me it's not, it looks great, mimimalist, functional.

Sponsored

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a Cayenne S. Gorgeous rig. Beautiful leather, wood, handling, braking. Got rid of it for a Land Cruiser. Very nice but not nearly as well-crafted of an interior, nor were the handling dynamics comparable. No contest as to which Iā€™ve enjoyed more. Letā€™s just say beauty is only skin deep.

Different strokes for different folks. Broncos, Jeeps, LCs, 4-Runners, Raptors, Defenders, X-5s, etc. There are some great choices out there.
C306C3F1-23CF-454A-9DDE-B5BBBE3B59CB.jpeg

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
50k?? The one I reserved was over 60k. For that kinda money it should have like an entry level luxury feel, Iā€™m sure the defender has that feel even though itā€™s a Land Rover(Tata Motors) product
Well, that is your opinion, it would seem the reality is different.

In this country a Land Rover is a high-end vehicle, much as the Mercedes is, while in other countries all of them are not. Want to ride in a beat-up Mercedes taxi cab, go to the Middle East. Bit of trivia, did you know that Subaru makes two-wheel-drive cars? They just do not import/sale them in the USA. It is a marketing strategy.

Your about 10 grand off the Bronco hight-low. The one I ordered is $61,100 about 11K from a nice equipt Defender 110. Do not get me wrong I'm a Ford fanboy. All my work trucks are F250 and I have had several new GT350 R and alike. I'm just saying for 60K its interior is cheap. Now if I was buying a 30K Bronco as you put it, (??) then I would not be complaining as it would cost about as much as my Maverick X3 MAX X RS Turbo, and it's got worst interior yet. BUT we are not buying a UTV and it's not a 30K vehicle I'm talking about. Let's compare apples to apples, please. "Get over it" yourself.
Several things to point out here. The added money for each level/trim/option from the $30K base is very spelled out and none of them include the dash and trim pieces, you get the same "cheap" bits; that is not where the money goes. It is the same way with the super duty line, Ford does this as they offer mass produced products for the common man. I have a Plat super duty and actually like what you would call the "cheaper" bits, easier to keep clean and maintain, I would rather the "extra" money go into the butt message and fancy electronics in that vehicle. With the Bronco, I want the wash-out interior, heavier duty differential and lockers, etc. instead of money going toward a luxury interior, because it's purpose is to be a modifiable off-road SUV.

Interesting choice bringing up the Maverick X3, not sure how much the RS Turbo cost, but my X3 RR Turbo R cost ~30K. Now to think that a sport SxS is the same price as a road worthy SUV, what allows that is economy of scale (they build more of them so the costs per go down and the amount of profit can be lower per unit). On the RR, the money goes toward 195hp and 24" of suspension travel while Can Am does every thing they possibly can to make the machine as light as possible to get the best weight to power ratio possible. You have to understand where the money is going, now the value to you personally may not be there, but things usually cost what they do for a reason. That is understandable and why there are more options on the market, evidently the Bronco may not for you. They make Lincolns, Mercedes, Land Rovers, etc. for certain market segments, that may be you.

The question is, what is reasonably expected for a certain price. Can you get luxury for 60-70K, I would say yes, can you get a rugged trail capable rig for 30-60K, the answer would seem yes. Can you get a luxury rugged trail capable rig, new, for 50-60K, the answer would appear to be no.

Last edited:

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"I looked in person and it seemed really cheap"-sic

I actually go the opposite impression, but my expectations were probably lower thanks to the complaints on this forum.

My big takeaway is that the Bronco is basically a 300hp street legal ATV. As fun as that idea is if you expect much more then that you are bound to be disappointed.

It's hard to fill out such a platform with bells and whistles and not have it come off as lipstick on a pig
Or cost 50% more!

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If anyone has seen the Bronco in person and sat in it, they will most likely agree with me. The inside is cheap, really cheap...worst than a Wrangler.
Well, count me in the group that disagrees with you, I owned a Wangler, 2014 JKUS special edition. And I can tell you the Bronco First Edition is much nicer.

I have not driven one yet, but by all the comments I have seen from people that have ridden in both, the Bronco also provides a much better ride quality.

We also have a 2021 F150 Platinum, I will say that the Bronco interior is not as nice as that, but a definite step up from a wrangler.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.