Sammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX, 2023 Eruption Green OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No clearance issue, you just need to plug in the speaker to the adapter first, tuck the adapter in, and then twist the speaker from side to side until the clears the plastic edges to sit flush and screw down. No issue with new speaker touching the cover either after install.
Thanks! I assume you've sold the single JL speaker.
Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought an extra Hertz DCX 100 from a B6g member. I just got a build date, so I probably won't get to try the speaker swap until June. Some people complain that replacing the center with a coax puts to much bias to the highs---the stock is more of a midrange. I think it depends on what you do with the 6.5" kick panels and how the dash and kick panels balance each other out.

LiftedPony

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak 4dr, Porsche GT4, Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was reading that changing the speakers dont make a huge difference unless the amp is upgraded also? Are you guys doing both or finding good results just doing the speakers?
Most speakers will get you improved sound from B&O system. However, make sure the speaker you Choose for the dash are efficient so they don't need more power or an amp to run. That being said, a proper after market amp matched well with aftermarket speakers will always sound better.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was reading that changing the speakers dont make a huge difference unless the amp is upgraded also? Are you guys doing both or finding good results just doing the speakers?
The factory speakers are pretty bad. I figure that there is no harm swapping in better speakers and then seeing whether the amp upgrade makes sense. Many people are swapping the front speakers and the adding an amped aftermarket sub.

LiftedPony

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak 4dr, Porsche GT4, Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought an extra Hertz DCX 100 from a B6g member. I just got a build date, so I probably won't get to try the speaker swap until June. Some people complain that replacing the center with a coax puts to much bias to the highs---the stock is more of a midrange. I think it depends on what you do with the 6.5" kick panels and how the dash and kick panels balance each other out.
I have a pair of Hertz DCX 100 for left and right front dash and PRV midrange with 300hz bass blockers and the sound is crisp, warm (great bass), and even phone calls sound great on them too.

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a pair of Hertz DCX 100 for left and right front dash and PRV midrange with 300hz bass blockers and the sound is crisp, warm (great bass), and even phone calls sound great on them too.
There was a post a while back about using the PRV midrange for the center. For $25 on Amazon, your really can't go wrong.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most speakers will get you improved sound from B&O system. However, make sure the speaker you Choose for the dash are efficient so they don't need more power or an amp to run. That being said, a proper after market amp matched well with aftermarket speakers will always sound better.
Yah im trying to figure out if I want to do this. I dont have the bno but do have the sub. The stock speakers are reallllllllly bad. But i also have the ford esp extended warranty and pretty sure this voids that.

Biz

Outer Banks
First Name
Biz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 2dr / 2019 Edge St / 2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you have any clearance issues with the grille when you put it back on? I see where Crutchfield says this speaker won't work in the dash corners due to height. Any issue there with grille? Still got the single speaker?
Thanks!
Doesn't even come close to hitting.
No amp required.
Huge difference in sound going to the JL C1 Line.

JL Center CH.jpeg

IMG_9593.jpeg

IMG_9598.jpeg

IMG_9601.jpeg

steven4hand

Outer Banks
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OB/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi Guys!

New here. I own a 2023 Bronco OuterBanks with the Sasquatch package. I recently upgraded the dash/kick panel/rear speakers. I have the following available to anyone interested:

4 - Hertz DCX 100 4"
1 - 4" JL Audio C1-400x

For the Hertz speakers, I originally placed them in the dash to replace the 3 speakers there. There were a little too bright with my other speakers so I opted for the JLs. I removed them after a couple of days so they are basically new. The JL is new and never installed (I had to order 4 to replace 3).

If anyone is interested, shoot me a message and we can discuss.

Thanks all!

Summertime

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi Guys!

New here. I own a 2023 Bronco OuterBanks with the Sasquatch package. I recently upgraded the dash/kick panel/rear speakers. I have the following available to anyone interested:

4 - Hertz DCX 100 4"
1 - 4" JL Audio C1-400x

For the Hertz speakers, I originally placed them in the dash to replace the 3 speakers there. There were a little too bright with my other speakers so I opted for the JLs. I removed them after a couple of days so they are basically new. The JL is new and never installed (I had to order 4 to replace 3).

If anyone is interested, shoot me a message and we can discuss.

Thanks all!
I installed two of the 4" Hertz DCX 100's in the dash as well. 4" Infinity's in the rear pods. Love it.
I have not replaced the center dash speaker. I would be interested in your 4" JL or a single Hertz 4".

Sponsored

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PRV midrange with 300hz bass blockers and the sound is crisp, warm (great bass), and even phone calls sound great on them too.
No one else will believe me about those PRVs. They are just too cheap. I need to buy a bunch and mark the price up then I can market them as an exclusive Surround Center Channel.

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No one else will believe me about those PRVs. They are just too cheap. I need to buy a bunch and mark the price up then I can market them as an exclusive Surround Center Channel.
Getting ready to do my center channel with a PRV and 150Hz blocker…

…edit 150Hz bb blocked all sound so installed it without a blocker and it almost sounds like it is out powering/performing the other dash speakers (havn’t replaced yet).

did anyone add anything to fill that vacuous void under the center channel. I dyna-matted around the rim and stuffed a wad of polyfil down in there. It looks like it’s sitting on some A/c heat core pipes!?!?! Any one see any issues here?

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just poly filled. There wasn’t as much space in my Badlands Lux. I’m