Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello,

I've changed my Halogen backup lights to LED - they work great! However along the way I stripped a fastener; I've been trying to find the part# to replace but I haven't been successful so far (I've been using Lakeland Ford Online Parts, which is great, I just don't know how to describe this properly). So: here's a pic of a fastener that wasn't ruined - it's a plastic expanding sleeve with a plastic washer and a black steel philips-head screw:

Ford Bronco Accessing Rear Light: Stripped Pin/Fastener IMG_0691

Here is a pic of where the fastners fit:

Ford Bronco Accessing Rear Light: Stripped Pin/Fastener rearLight

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello,

I've changed my Halogen backup lights to LED - they work great! However along the way I stripped a fastener; I've been trying to find the part# to replace but I haven't been successful so far (I've been using Lakeland Ford Online Parts, which is great, I just don't know how to describe this properly). So: here's a pic of a fastener that wasn't ruined - it's a plastic expanding sleeve with a plastic washer and a black steel philips-head screw:

Here is a pic of where the fastners fit:

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
I don't think you need to replace. Half of those around your car are probably "stripped". They're not stripped. As long as the sleeve is intact and screw sits flush, your good to go. Screw is there to spread that sleeve and that is what holds the two pieces together. Now, if you are having issues pulling one out due to screw just spinning, use a trim panel tool to put pressure on sleeve, then unscrew.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think you need to replace. Half of those around your car are probably "stripped". They're not stripped. As long as the sleeve is intact and screw sits flush, your good to go. Screw is there to spread that sleeve and that is what holds the two pieces together. Now, if you are having issues pulling one out due to screw just spinning, use a trim panel tool to put pressure on sleeve, then unscrew.
...or get frustrated, grab with leatherman and rip out... there like four ot them per light, 3 oughta hold

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...or get frustrated, grab with leatherman and rip out... there like four ot them per light, 3 oughta hold
Sounds like something Ford QC might say… :ROFLMAO:

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford uses these "pins" in a number of places. Therefore them come in different shaft lengths. Make sure you get the right length for your application.
Sponsored