Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking for some help. I'm headed out on a guided overland trip (first one) this summer and the group has some vehicle requirements. I'm meeting all of them currently except for one. They are requiring a rear mounted LED light (can just be a single pod) located as high as possible on the vehicle. It sounds like they hit some dusty trails and may have had an incident with folks coming up on vehicles too quickly without being able to see them. I'm guessing partly due to trail conditions and partly due to driver experience but regardless, the question I have is: Has anyone mounted a rear pod on their truck and if so where (preferably without drilling). Also, is there aux switch wiring back there (I know there's some but which) that would easily wire into this? TIA.
Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
balynn1971

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about that stickerfab reverse light wiring thingy I saw on a thread a couple days ago? Allows you to turn on your backup lights using one of your aux switches. No drilling. Nothing to add except some wires. Should fulfill the requirement I would think.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...agic-harness-now-in-stock.62741/#post-1739201
Trying to make sure I understand this: So it basically allows you to switch on reverse lights without having to be in reverse? That may work.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looking for some help. I'm headed out on a guided overland trip (first one) this summer and the group has some vehicle requirements. I'm meeting all of them currently except for one. They are requiring a rear mounted LED light (can just be a single pod) located as high as possible on the vehicle. It sounds like they hit some dusty trails and may have had an incident with folks coming up on vehicles too quickly without being able to see them. I'm guessing partly due to trail conditions and partly due to driver experience but regardless, the question I have is: Has anyone mounted a rear pod on their truck and if so where (preferably without drilling). Also, is there aux switch wiring back there (I know there's some but which) that would easily wire into this? TIA.
Those are chase lights

get our reverse kit which lets you turn on the lights from an upfitter switch - add a pair of amber covers as well

youll have upgraded reverse lights now for regular use and on the trails, throw the amber covers on and instant chase lights

our system prevents the factory reverse circuit from turning on when activated from a switch so that they act as chase lights should

You do not want to activate reverse lights in white on a trail as you will confuse other drivers what you are dling

That’s why amber covers on our s2 reverse kit makes them “chase lights”

kit: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2021-ford-bronco-reverse-light-kit-w-baja-designs/

Amber covers:https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-s2-rock-guard-amber/

Sponsored
OP
OP
balynn1971

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plenty of lighting options available for this purpose at @4x4TruckLEDs.com
Thanks. See lots of options, just trying to see which one and where to mount can do the job. I'll have to sift through the site. Appreciate the link.

OP
OP
balynn1971

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are chase lights

get our reverse kit which lets you turn on the lights from an upfitter switch - add a pair of amber covers as well

youll have upgraded reverse lights now for regular use and on the trails, throw the amber covers on and instant chase lights

our system prevents the factory reverse circuit from turning on when activated from a switch so that they act as chase lights should

You do not want to activate reverse lights in white on a trail as you will confuse other drivers what you are dling

kit: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2021-ford-bronco-reverse-light-kit-w-baja-designs/

Here's the quoted requirement:

• NEW FOR 2023 Steady burning, rear facing, white or yellow “Dust light”. Can be magnetic or temporarily mounted but must be as high as realistically possible.
(I bolded the text)

The mounting on what you linked to seems low on the vehicle (really the lowest point on truck). Not sure if they'll give me a hard time about that. Looks like exactly what I need but wondering if I can get them mounted up higher somehow. I'll have to look at rear. Haven't really had to look back there yet for mods so not sure on options. Suppose I can call them or email them with your link. Wondering if jeeps just have a natural mounting location and Ford didn't consider it.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's the quoted requirement:

• NEW FOR 2023 Steady burning, rear facing, white or yellow “Dust light”. Can be magnetic or temporarily mounted but must be as high as realistically possible.
(I bolded the text)

The mounting on what you linked to seems low on the vehicle (really the lowest point on truck). Not sure if they'll give me a hard time about that. Looks like exactly what I need but wondering if I can get them mounted up higher somehow. I'll have to look at rear. Haven't really had to look back there yet for mods so not sure on options. Suppose I can call them or email them with your link. Wondering if jeeps just have a natural mounting location and Ford didn't consider it.
It’s a bronco sooo it’s not as easy to mount lights up high

under the bumper in yellow(covers) would suffice as we’ve been doing this on raptors for years for the off road night events

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would also call ahead. It seems a lot of companies are having supply issues with LED emitters.

Sponsored

Sids

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Navigator, 2017 F350, 2015 Odessey (dog car)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are chase lights

here's another vote for the Diode Dynamics rear pod kit - super easy to install, looks great, fits with stock or aftermarket wheels, and perfect functionality. now I'm thinking I need to get the amber covers .... hmm ... anyway, here's mine:

OP
OP
balynn1971

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks all. Looks like I have some options. Appreciate the feedback.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks all. Looks like I have some options. Appreciate the feedback.
The SSC2 Diode kits are out of stock. The 1" and 3" kits are available though.

You can throw some amber covers on them for chase lights. You SHOULD not run WHITE for a chase light or RED.

White is for reverse
Red is for brake
Amber/Yellow on trails is a chase light

Diode reverse lights (again only 1" and 3" are currently in stock)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-stage-series-reverse-light-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

SSC1 Yellow Covers: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-stage-series-1-led-pod-cover-yellow/

SS3 Yellow Covers: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-stage-series-3-standard-led-pod-cover-yellow/

R1Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explore sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the Bajaj design reverse lights too and they work great...I put a amber lense on one and left the other clear.Going to run each light separately to my switches. The amber one is used for a chase light and the white for camp or extra light backing up.....
In these pictures the lights are not mounted there sitting loose and wires ran to battery just to test them out...
Ford Bronco Rear Ditch (LED) Light 20221112_170220
Ford Bronco Rear Ditch (LED) Light 20221112_172121
Ford Bronco Rear Ditch (LED) Light 20221112_172013
Sponsored