Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those who have Lux, how do you like the adaptive cruise control?
I had a 2017 fusion with it and it was meh. Sometimes the camera wouldn’t slow down if going over a hill an lane centering was not preside.
Then I transitioned to a 2019 Audi S5 and the adaptive cruise on that one was amazing.
So I’m wondering how it is now on the Broncos. I think this is the 2nd Gen adaptive cruise. Love to hear about your experiences. Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bump…. Anyone?

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a Ford Explorer as a rental car this past weekend and the adaptive cruise control was excellent compared to other vehicles I've driven (recently had a 4runner rental, and the ACC was terrible).

That being said, the Explorer also has "lane centering" which comes on automatically when you turn on ACC, which basically drives the car for you. The Bronco does not have "Lane Centering", only "Lane Keep Assist" which basically "bumps" you back into the lane if you swerve out of it. I assume the Explorer has additional software and sensors that allow the lane centering feature. I'm not sure if the adaptive cruise control itself also works differently due to this.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife's 2017 RAV has adaptive cruise. And after we got it, I said I would never have another vehicle about it. Since then I have completely changed my mind. After driving with it on, and then switching it to regular cruise control, I really really do prefer the regular Cruise. A couple of reasons are that when you're an adaptive cruise it is very easy to end up dropping a lot of speed as you're behind someone before you really notice it. And I think you kind of just sort of Drift Away. When active cruise is on you got to pay more attention and it keeps you at the speed that you really want to be going. So I think even if I had adaptive cruise I wouldn't use it.

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wondering the same, does anyone know of a video of the adaptive cruise control in action? Impressions and wither it has stop/start would be interesting as well.

VDPHB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wondering the same, does anyone know of a video of the adaptive cruise control in action? Impressions and wither it has stop/start would be interesting as well.
In one of the pre-production videos from Town and Country, they first thought adaptive cruise had stop & go and in a later video with a production model, confirmed that it does not on Bronco.

Hopefully that changes for 2022, but I'm not holding my breath.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a 20 Raptor and from reading on here it appears to be the same system as on the Bronco...lane keeping not centering like on the Explorer. The ACC is OK. I find on the interstate even at the shortest follow setting (least distance between you and car in front) people frequently cut over in front of you because the size of the gap then it slams on the brakes...in traffic on the interstate I just turn it off. But if less crowded driving it is nice.

The lane keeping as you cross the line if it needs to correct it is not smooth...jerks you back into the lane. If you change lanes without signaling will always buzz you and like all of the systems is my guess, it struggles with any construction / lane changing / lane striping issues and fights you a bit. I probably turn it off 50% of the time.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've used it in my Lincoln. I especially like it in fog.

Sponsored

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spent 13 hours driving my Badlands yesterday with the ACC. My wife has a 2021 CR-V Hybrid with it and my 2016 Outback has it as well.

It is OK. I've driven cars with worse systems and I've driven the that were better. The cruise control itself works as well as you'd expect, the only annoyance I had with it was the range adjuster is a single button instead of two, which means you have to toggle between ranges instead of just going up and down. Otherwise, it tracked the car ahead of me really well. It wasn't super jerky and uncomfortable, either.

The main differentiator in most ACC implementation for me is the lane assist. In my Subaru, it will bounce you all over the lane if you are in a turn, however my wife's CRV will track the outside of the turn really well. The Bronco seems less consistent to me than both. You can adjust how aggressive it is in the driver settings, I kept it at the default of medium, but it would sometimes let me drift right on past on a flat road, others it would adjust for me, in all cases it kept the lane in view, so I'm not sure why it wasn't acting consistently. On curvy mountain roads like where I live, it took over a few times, at somewhat uncomfortable moments. Again, it was really inconsistent.

There is no insanely annoying beeping like my Subaru, however if you are on a long straightaway section and it adjusts, but you don't do any steering input, it will start flashing to put your hands on the wheel. I had this happen probably 5-6 times in several minutes on some long straight sections. I know they are trying to keep people from using it as autopilot, but this is way more aggressive than either my Subaru or my wife's Honda is, it got a little annoying, but wasn't a huge deal.

I thought the system worked well. It reduced fatigue and helped manage gas mileage well the entire trip, which I made from New Orleans to Asheville in one day and wasn't super bonked out. It also rained half the trip and the system worked in the rain, which my Subaru will sometimes shut on and off. It also didn't turn off when it was excessively dark. I didn't have issues with it setting off on sharp curbs, of which there were many on my drive, or hills

VDPHB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spent 13 hours driving my Badlands yesterday with the ACC. My wife has a 2021 CR-V Hybrid with it and my 2016 Outback has it as well.
Thanks for sharing @Shinoko ! Would you please confirm whether or not Bronco ACC includes Stop & Go? Last I heard and read in the online owners manual it does not.

Totally agree with you on Ford's Lane Keep Assist, it was jerky on a 2019 Expedition I rented.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A huge factor for buying my Flex was adaptive cruise. My wife is content with High package but I'm forcing her to Lux for ACC / heated steering wheel.

Ford botched it by not having Stop-and-Go. Maybe I'll suss out a way to add it ;)

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing @Shinoko ! Would you please confirm whether or not Bronco ACC includes Stop & Go? Last I heard and read in the online owners manual it does not.

Totally agree with you on Ford's Lane Keep Assist, it was jerky on a 2019 Expedition I rented.
I'll try it and find out, I do not know, most of my driving was highway yesterday.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bronco absolutely 100% confirmed take it to the bank does NOT have stop and go ACC.
Sponsored